Deal with it..

Cause I cant..

"Kim Taeyeon.! You know you cant just avoid me forever." A rather high pitched voice yelled out, echoing inside the university hallway that made every heads turn but soon cautiously tore their eyes off so as not to recieve any scowl, a death glare or much worst, a humiliating scoff from none other than Jessica Jung, the campus' notorious Ice Princess. The nickname itself defines the said girl's character, as everyone puts it but no, Jessica Jung is anything but that. Yes, she may look uninterested, cold and not friendly but she isnt like that at all. She's not anti social or anything, she just has this unique requirement for friends or as what she always says, just socially awkward. She has friends ofcourse, quite a few too, but one can recite her friend's name in one minute without a sweat.

"But I can try." Jessica's brows twitched at that, not liking what she had heard, she sped up her phase.

"Will you please stop being childish Taeyeon? We're not kids anymore." She yanked the girl by her wirst, making them stop in the middle of the quadrangle with all eyes now feasting on them.

"You should tell yourself that. Stop acting like a clingy kid and face the fact that I dont want to be your friend anymore." The brown-headed girl was taken aback, it was the second time that her friend had said it a week and she doesnt even know why and what caused her friend to act like this. She needs to know..

"Then tell me why? What did I do wrong to you Tae?" It came out as a whisper but Taeyeon heard it nonetheless. It has been the same question Jessica had pestered her friend with for over a week now and up to this date she hasnt had her answer much to her dismay, Taeyeon never gave her any explanation.

Silence took over them. Jessica still holding onto the other girl's wrist who pulled it as she realized how it was burning under Jessica's warm palm.

Taeyeon shoved her hands in her back pocket, thinking that the other girl wont try to reach it if it was fixed on her back and what a great idea it was cause even if Jessica wanted to hold her hand and feel it, she cant.

They were friends since before they learned to walk and talk, they were neighbors and having their parents as friends had become the reason they were friends. The two mightve colliding personalities but it never became a problem between them. Jessica was the silent yet straightforward type while Taeyeon was her opposite, a clamorous yet very secretive kid. They know each other like books till recently that Taeyeon had decided to unfriend Jessica just like that.

"Look, just forget about me okay? Forget about everything about me, our friendship and whatever lies in between. I dont want to be your friend anymore. Act like you dont know me, like I dont exist and things will be easier. My parents wont even ask, so dont worry about it."

"Was it because I broke our promise not to date till we graduate? Is that it Tae?"

"What? No. Its not that, for pete's sake you can date anyone you want, hell you can date even that ert who steals underwear in our street for all I care. How can you even think of that, geez Jessica." Taeyeon retorted angrily as if it was the most absurd question she had ever heard when she knew it was her sole reason for unfriending her friend.

"Then why Taeyeon? Why?" 

"Because I just cant be your friend anymore." Cause Im ing in love with you. The raven haired girl started walking again, hoping that her friend wont follow her anymore. She knew that the Ice Princess alone talking to someone even if it was her friend was already catching attention around them.

"That doesnt answer the question."

"Should I always explain things to you? What in the 'I-dont-want-to-be-your-friend' dont you understand huh?" Taeyeon's voice hitched a note, she didnt mean to, she didnt want to but she's getting annoyed. It has been like this since monday last week and if it isnt enough that Jessica stayed over at their house during weekends tying to talk her out of the reason behind her sudden withrawal to their friendship, the other girl just had to come up to her in a monday morning when she was not in any mood for any argument just because she had been sleepless for days since she had made that decision. For the record, Taeyeon had been less talkative and a total anti-social that all their friends have noticed and confided to Jessica who's been worried not only because of Taeyoen wanting to cut their relationship for real but also the latter's sudden change in her behavior.

"One just dont abruptly cut their ties to a 20 year of friendship Taeyeon. There mustve been a reason for you to do this to us." Yes and thats you dating someone NOT me.

"I just dont think being friends with you is a good thing to me anymore. Please Jessica.. Leave me be."

"I dont understand Taeyeon." Tears were now pouring from Jessica's eyes and it took a lot of Taeyeon's strength not to reach out her hand and wipe those tears away. "What did I do wrong to you for breaking up with me like this?" Nothing. 

"I would totally understand if you'd hate me for this Jessica but Im sorry, I just really cant be friends with you anymore." Jessica stared at Taeyeon's eyes, sercing for any doubt or regret for all the things she have said but she found nothing.

"But Tae, youre my bestfriend." Yeah, Im ONLY your bestfriend.

"Im sorry." Taeyeon muttered before dragging her feet away from her friend. Destination? Unknown. She just wants to get away from Jessica for now.. She could still hear her calling out her name but she ignored it and just let her tears fall on their own. It hurts her a lot.. It breaks her heart to see and hear her Jessica crying..

I can accept that I lost you like this than have you look at me with disgust if you knew.

She had been very much in love with her friend since before they enter their highschool years and thats when Taeyeon also found out she's really gay and her feelings towards her friend was a proof. She had tried hiding it but with every action she did towards the girl, it shows. All their friends knew except for the one that owns her heart. She was too straight to notice or if ever she knew and just shrugged it off,no one knows. They had promised each other to be single till their college graduation but Jessica didnt keep her promise. Taeyeon felt betrayed, cheated on and lied to though she shouldnt be, cause after all theyre just bestfriends, but her hidden feelings got the best out of herself.

After a year of contemplating while Jessica was dating and seemed going steady with her boyfriend, Taeyeon decided to finally cut all her ties with her bestfriend, and that's exactly what she did last monday as they talk over a a cone of ice cream, Taeyeon dropped the bomb and at first jessica thought her friend was only joking but as she saw Taeyeon's determination of getting rid of her, trails and trails of thought had crossed her mind, but not one possibility of Taeyeon being in love with her came up. Nope, Jessica was too straight to think about it, she never once did questioned her friend's uality and preference, so the thought never crossed her brilliant mind.

Too bad, if only it did, Jessica mightve understand every little thing Taeyeon did for her and what had resulted to their broken friendship.

Taeyeon loves Jessica so much that she was willing to let their friendship go cause she cant lie to herself anymore and have accepted that her feelings was better left hidden than to have her straight besfriend found out about her darkest secret. She can deal with hatred but not Jessica's disgust and judgements..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



With all the happy Taengsic moments I got in Tae's bday.. I made an angst one shot.. Like what the f's wrong with me?

-_-

Anyway, so there you go.. My first ever Taengsic one shot..

Woohoo..