Keep promises

Cause I cant..

"Taeyeon?" Tiffany blinked a couple more times before the image of the person standing by her office door sunk in her head. "Taeyeon.." She squealed, happy to see her girlfriend after two months. She immediately got off the chair and literally threw herself to Taeyeon's arms. "Wait, why are you here?" She asked when she realized that Taeyeon should  be in Korea and not inside her office on a Monday morning. She pushed Taeyeon's shoulder a bit, making a gap between the so she can stare at the person's face that she had missed so much.

"Dont you want me here?" Taeyeon asked back as she placed a kiss on her girlfriend's lips.

"Ofcourse I want to. What I want to know is why you are here. Shouldnt you be in Korea, resting for your gig tonight?"

"Well,lets just say I wont be going back to Korea for some time." Taeyeon cooed, playing Tiffany's hands. Seeing how confused Tiffany is she added, "Boss sent me out here, he's about to open a branch here for her daughter to manage and asked me, since you know how good I am, to help with the management and as well do some DJ-ing."

Tiffany's face lit up wih a smile that seems to be brighter than the sun, Taeyeon had thought. "What? Really? Ohh my god, then does it mean youre going to stay here for good? With me?" The last two emphasized words made Taeyeon a bit anxious, knowing that what her girlfriend really had meant.

After their rather not-so big fight a month ago, Tiffany hasnt said anything about Jessica which Taeyeon knew that her girlfriend was also being careful not to talk about the girl. Since Tiffany left to work for the US 2 years ago and had met Jessica with whom Taeyeon hadnt had any idea that it was her Jessica that time, Tiffany always talked about how nice and friendly Jessica is being one of Tiffany's friends in the company who always gives her a helping hand through all her work and busy schedules.

"Ofcourse with you. Who else am I gonna stay with here if not with you?" Taeyeon said, flicking her girlfriend's forehead. "Silly girl."

Tiffany pouted, Taeyeon is never the sweet one between them, she rarely shows affection and sometimes its her being all sadistic towards her. She shoved Taeyeon's shoulders causing the latter took one step back. "Who knows, maybe youre here for someone else." Taeyeon cupped Tiffany's cheeks and kissed her passionately, with all emotions she rarely say nor show. Before she had left Korea she had promised herself to be a good girlfriend, to make all her time Jessica-free although she knows it'll be hard but she can try. She should try. She will try. And hopefully her heart would let her.

"I never promised you anything Tiff.. And I wont start now. You met me like this and I know I havent done my part as your half, you know with all the change-my-personality-for-you thing and all, but I dont want want to hurt you anymore. I think Ive done that for quite too long and its time to change things are. And now that Im here with you now, I want us to start over." Tiffany smiled and her hand joined Taeyeon's on her cheeks, returning the warmth that hands had given her with a slight squeeze.

"No secrets?"

Taeyeon only smiled, and Tiffany knew what it had met and its enough for her. To know that Taeyeon doesnt want to promise her anything but she will try. Its enough for Tiffany to tighten her hold onto Taeyeon more. She had given her best for 2 years and now that Taeyeon insisted for them to start afresh, she'll make sure to double her efforts with the motivation that someday Taeyeon would be completely hers.

 

 

 

Taeyeon stared at the white ceiling, she had been drawing all sorts of things on it already being there on the sofa, laying for about an hour waiting for Tiffany to come back from a meeting she had gone to. She was smiling, she's happy. When she said those words to Tiffany earlier, she felt lighter, she had unloaded all the guilt she had been carrying for a month since they fought, although one can barely call it that. She thought of it for that whole month and she had decided that its time to try to finally let go of Jessica. Its actually a plan she had been thinking for four years just that she had never found her courage and her motivation to do so. She still loves Jessica, so much that she knows she cant love Tiffany the same way as she does to her bestfriend but there's no rule that says she cant try. They were friends before the dating all started and since Tiffany never asked her to change or had never demand for her love and attention,Taeyeon never really opt to try. But now that she's decided, she wont let anything or anyone change her resolve. But as if fate is really testing her, the door opened and revealed the girl not only her eyes longed for to see but also her heart was dying to be with for years, still.

"Jessica." She muttered as she hoist herself to sit.

"Taeyeon?" The blond girl swear she saw the younger girl's eyes shone.  "Youre.. Youre here." Before Taeyeon could react, she found herself nursing Jessica in her arms who was now crying her eyes out, sobbing, wetting her clothes with tears, she doesnt even know for what. "Please dont leave again."

"Shhhhh.. Stop crying. I wont go anywhere anymore." There goes her resolve, washed away down the drain, yet again. Taeyeon bit her lip to stop herself from saying more, she hated herself for being so weak when it comes to Jessica.

This is the reason why she doesnt want to make any promises, cause no matter how hard she keeps telling herself what she should and should not do, one sight of Jessica and her words either said aloud or in her mind, all becomes empty.