Give you away

Cause I cant..

 "Youre not thinking of leaving before lunch, are you?" Taeyeon's head turned at the door when she heard Jessica's voice. The girl had two some snacks Mrs. Jung had prepared earlier when the two bestfriends arrived. Being so happy to see the younger Kim, Mr. Jung had invited her over for lunch which Taeyeon cant refused to. The old man has always been nice to her and she looks up to her like her second dad. Krystal was excited to see her too and had called Amber over to play some video games later this afternoon, Taeyeon refused but the younger Jung insisted. She's been always this close to the Jungs and their families treat each other like families away home, being the only Koreans in their neighborhood. 

"I promised Uncle I'd stay over and besides I miss Auntie's cookings too." Taeyeon's smile rew wider seeing that what Jessica has was her favorite classic Jung homemade cupcake. Its still hot and she was sure that Jessica's mom's made it just for her.

"You were talking to Tiffany right? Is she asking you to go back?" Jessica querried. She had heard Taeyeon's talking on her phone while she was on the stairs, since her room was the closest to it, she could easily heard her bestfriend's voice as she ascended the staircase.

"Yeah, but I told her I'd be late. She's just checking up on me." 

The two started to eat. Jessica stared at her bestfriend not knowing if she should ask or not and as if Taeyeon felt her stare, the latter raised her head and Jessica had to look away.

"Whats wrong Sica?" Taeyeon worriedly asked. Its very rare that Jessica did that action and its only when she need to say something but dont know how to or things that goes like that.

"Why didnt you tell her?"

Taeyeon cocked a brow, not getting what the girl sitting infront of her was referring to. "Huh?"

"About me."

Taeyeon pretended she doesnt kow what Jessica was talking about and just shrug her shoulders and went back to eating.

"Why didnt you tell her?"

"It doesnt matter. And besides its not like youre my bestfriend again." Taeyeon wanted to take her words back. She wanted to but she remained firm even if her insides where flipping with guilt when she saw the pain in Jessica's face.

They fell silent. No one wanted to talk and thankfully Krystal and Amber came right on time with the tomboy holding all the consoles.

"Great, now lets play." Krystal said as she sat next to her sister and took one cupcake while she let her girlfriend set the game up. Taeyeon threw Jessica a glance not missing on how gloomy Jessica had become and she felt her heart has been stabbed. It pains her whenever she sees Jessica sad, one thing that hasnt changed ever since. She stood up and offered Amber he help just so she can get away from Jessica's dim aura for a while.

"How have you been? Heard you got yourself a girlfriend.." Amber told her as she connects every wire on its corresponding holes in Jessica's television. Taeyeon was slightly surprise that the tomboy also knows about it and as if Amber saw the question flying inside her head she added, "Krystal told me." The blonde girl's mouth formed an 'O' realizing that the news mightve been dispersed through Jessica. She felt a little bit annoyed. She was hoping to tell her parents personally when she's ready but it'll be earlier than she has planned.

"I always thought that youre into Jessica. I guess I was wrong." Amber let out a chuckle and Taeyeon only nodded her head.

"Come on. Come on. Lets go play." Krystal excitedly exclaimed.

She missed doing this, she missed hanging around with the persons who holds a great deal of space in her heart, most of all, the girl who's making her head swirl with different kinds of emotions. By just simply laying her head on her lap, Taeyeon find it hard to focus on the game specially when she can feel Jessica's hands on her thigh. Its plain innocent, theyve been doing it since like they were kids, but now its different. Now that she had tasted Jessica, she wants more.

 

Lunch came and Taeyeon's parents joined them for lunch. Just like how they do it when Taeyeon and Jessica was still in good terms. A lot of stories were told, laughters were shared and it came to the point were the two bestfriends were asked about what's the real deal of them drifting apart. They were put on a hotseat and Jessica let Taeyeon answered all the questions thrown at them. The blonde found herself sweating with uneasiness but nonetheless gave everyone all the answers they needed.

"Ohh honey, even if youre gay, you know Jessica would love you just the way you are." Mrs. Jung said.

Taeyeon finally came out to her parents and surprisingly they took the news so easily and even blamed themselves for Taeyeon leaving thinking that her not being able to come out was the sole reason tht she left for Korea. Well, it was one of the reasons. Taeyeon had thought before that her parents can never accept her being gay and in order to be herself, she needs to get away and out of her parents's house. And now she knew she was wrong and regretted hiding something big about her from her parents who's very accepting and encouraging her with everything she does. But what made her choke on her food was her parents said the same thing Amber had said, only this time, the person involved heard it.

"Mom.. Its not like that okay.. Jessica and I are just that close.." Taeyeon said nervously, side-eyeing Jessica, looking for any disgust or discomfort but the latter doesnt even seem fazed by the fact that the two families were now talking about the things that couldve been if only Taeyeon came out back then.

"Im sure you and Jessica would make a good couple." Krystal commented in which her girlfriend nodded in aggreement.

"I second that. I mean. You two looks so good together, well except for the height difference but ohh well, its runs in our blood kiddo." Mr. Kim said earning him laughters, pointing out the truth that the Kims do have short statures.

"I wont be against it if you two decided to date." Mr. Jung said before stuffing his mouth with food. Taeyeon cant believe it, Mr. Jung just gave them his blessing which he never did with Jessica's boyfriend.

"Dad, you seem to forget that Jessica has a boyfriend." Mr. Jung only shrugged his shoulder at her youngest daughter.

"It'll be unfair if your eldest is already taken and our daughter is still still single while we're pairing them up,dont you think so Yunho." 

"If I have to be the bad father just so Jessica would break up with her good-for-nothing boyfriend, you know I'd do it Heechul."

"Boys.. Boys.. No need to talk like that in front of Jessica." Mrs. Kim said wriggling her index finger to the two man. "Sorry honey." 

Jessica smiled before saying, "Its okay Auntie, Taeyeon's already taken anyway."

 

The two familes spend the whole afternoon in the Jung's residence, missing on how theyve never done it for so long since Taeyeon had left. They watched basketball games, football games and even wrestling. They lost track of time that it was already 8 in the evening when they remebered about dinner. Taeyeon wanted to leave as soon as she got another call from Tiffany but she was asked to stay for dinner by her mom and she cannot say no this time. She had been saying no to her for a month now and it made her felt guilty so she took the offer. 

The dinner was again spent with more talk, more laughters and more stories, catching up with those four years that after Taeyeon and Jessica's relationship faltered, their parents have become busy with work too that they hadnt have much time in had to spend time together although they have occassional exchange of Hi's and Hello's whenever they see each other out in the streets. Taeyeon felt happy. She felt more at ease now that she's not hiding anything anymore. Tiffany was one of the topics theyve talked about too and she had promised that she'll take Tiffany with her one of these days and so it left her to reschedule her flight for the next week.

 

"Are you really serious about her?" Taeyeon'sturned to look at the girl beside her, they were now back in Jessica's room and watching some drama Taeyeon had suggested forthem to watch. Her parents have went home and was again asked to stay for the night which she said yes again while Amber and Krystal volunteered to do the dishes and The elder Jungs went out to have a walk which they always do at night after dinner. 

"Huh?"

"Cause you know youre going to introduce her to Uncle and Auntie, so are you really serious about her?" Taeyeon hates it everytime Jessica has this look in her face which she cant read. It frustrates her to no end and ofcourse the latter has no idea about it.

"Maybe..." One word and it stirred something in the pits of Jessica's stomach. She doesnt know if its because now she's the one single and Taeyeon is the one in a relationship that she's suddenly envious.. or jealous.. she couldnt quite firgure out.

"I need to know her first."

"Didnt you know her already? She's your boss and your friend, isnt she?"

"Yeah, but now that I know she's connected to you, everything I know about her changes.. I need to know if she can make you happy. Im just going to do what you did for me before.." Jessica paused, thinking of the best words to say what she has in mind. "I need to know if she's going to be worth it.. For my bestfriend." Jessica emphasized her last word, Taeyeon is still her bestfriend no matter what the blonde girl says..

She's still her bestfriend and she's going to do everything to know if Tiffany is worth to be with Taeyeon..

She needs to know it herself, cause she's not going to give her bestfriend away just like that. Not without any assurance..