The bloody threat

Dark Angels [Hiatus/ returning soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning girls. I’m glad you decided to join us! We barely see you these days; it seems practice had taken all of your time.” Queen Ariana said as she stood up from her seat, smiling warmly at the girls.

“Excuse us your grace, but we had so much to learn and so little time.” Gaein answered politely, leading the 7 fresh out of bed girls into the familiar dining room.

“I understand perfectly.” The queen nodded. “I just hope to spend some time with you soon. I would very much like to get to know my future daughters in law.”

Glances were exchanged back and forth as most of the girls blushed at the thought. Future daughters in law! It seemed like only yesterday they graduated high school and now they were training to become vampire queens and possibly marrying seven princes. How did this happen?

“As you wish your majesty.” Haerin, obviously not the least bit shy; spoke up. “Where are the king and the princes?” she asked, noticing that the dining room was nearly deserted.

“They will be joining us soon. Please sit down.” Queen Ariana smiled as she ushered for the girls to join her on the table.

“Good morning.” The king greeted as he entered the room, followed by the seven princes.

“Good morning your highness” The girls said in unison.

“I’m glad to see you. How are you all doing?” King Howoon took his seat at the head of the table, soon followed by his sons.

“We’re fine, thank you.” Mei smiled, not sure how to address the royal couple. She was used to chatting with the princes because she didn’t see them as princes but simply as cool boys who happen to be vampire royalty. But the only thing she knew about royals was what she saw in old movies and she wasn’t quite sure that method of speaking was still used.

“That’s good to hear, I hope the boys didn’t wear you out with practice.”

“On the contrary, I think we’re the ones wearing them out your highness.” Hearin commented, smirking particularly at Kiseop.

“That’s right father; you should have seen them yesterday. They beat us up, all of them.” Dongho cheered like a mother who just saw her firstborn take his first steps.

“I don’t doubt that at all.” The king laughed.

Breakfast went by smoothly, a few pleasantries were exchanged and the sound of laughter echoed in the castle. The girls, for the first time in so long, felt at home. They missed their mothers, no doubt, and they missed their homes and their friends, but somehow being in this castle with these handsome princes and this kind royal couple didn’t seem so bad.

It was by the end of the meal when things started to take a turn for the unpleasant. A guardian, one the girls recognized from the attack they witnessed outside the castle, barged in the room, a look of panic clouding his features. He bowed in apolog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter