Aftermath (2)

Dark Angels [Hiatus/ returning soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the other end of the hall, a soft knock was heard on Eli’s door. Seconds of silence went by before a faint “come in” came from inside the room. Gyuri hesitated for a while, finally working up the courage to turn the door knob and step inside the room. Eli was lying on his bed, looking a lot better than he did the night before, but tired nonetheless. His mother was standing next to his bedside table, smiling at the shy girl who didn’t move from her spot next to the door.

“Come closer dear.” The queen ushered with her hand for Gyuri, who cleared awkwardly and took a few steps forward.

“Good Morning your majesty.” Gyuri said as she stood by the queen’s side, next to Eli’s bed.

“Good morning dear.” The queen replied, still smiling affectionately. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine, thank you.” The girl answered.

“I’m glad to hear that.” The queen stoked Gyuri’s back. “Excuse me my darling, but I have to go check on the rest of my sons. I’ll leave you too together now.” She continued as she headed for the door.

Bowing to the leaving queen, Gyuri waited for her to close the door before she turned to the silent vampire laying on his bed.

“How are you feeling?” The girl said awkwardly, hestitant to show her concern over the cocky vampire’s condition..

“I’m a lot better now, my wounds healed already.” Eli answered with a soft tone and a sincere smile, which was so rare to spot on the always smirking prince.

“Oh thank God, I was so worried last night I couldn’t even sleep.” Gyuri let out with a relieved sigh.

“I’m glad to know you care love.” Eli was once again, back to his smug self.

“Oh please.” Gyuri said as she smacked the prince on his arm. “Can’t you be serious for a minute?”

“I am serious.” Eli answered, wiggling his eyebrows at the frustrated girl. His expression, however, didn’t take long to change, and sadness was obvious on his face as he took Gyuri’s hand in his own. “I am so relieved that you are unharmed. Getting you girls out of the caste was clearly a terrible idea, I’m sorry.”

“Eli…” Gyuri whispered, unsure what to say at first, but soon found the right words. “It was not your fault. We wanted to get out as much as you did, and the most important thing is that we are all alright now. If we’re going to stay in Neverland we need to know what’s really going on. This could be our future too you know!”

Silence filled the room. Neither of them needed to say anything, for the moment was perfect as it is. They were warming up to each other, and the love Eli felt for Gyuri was obvious in the way he looked in her eyes and squeezed her hand, matched by feeling of appreciation, relief and gratefulness on the girl’s part.

“Thank you.” Eli whispered, not letting go of her hand.

“For what?”

“For being here, with me.”

Gyuri chuckled softly, amazed by the complete change

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter