My Baby Shot Me Down

Dark Angels [Hiatus/ returning soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we going? The dungeons are that way!” Nina pointed to the left with her figure, joining the rest of the girls in their confusion. It was around 10 am and the girls were fresh, full and ready to practice as usual. But to their surprise, the princes announced that they had something else in mind for them today, and as they all gathered in the hallway under the staircase, the girls were clearly not excited about the change of plans.

“We’re going to the garden.” AJ beamed, thrilled to break the routine after so long.

“What for?” Gyuri questioned, not a hint of excitement in her tone.

“Well, you have been working hard for so long, we thought we would reward you with a little break.” Soohyun explained. “Come on girls, the weather is beautiful outside; do you really want to waste such beautiful morning in closed dark dungeons?”

The girls groaned in unison as they followed the boys out of the castle and into the garden. Soohyun was right, the weather was absolutely perfect, but no matter how much they have missed the sunlight, the warm breeze and the sound of the birds chirping happily, they still felt guilty for missing practice. It had become more of an addiction than a simple habit, as each one of the girls was striving to prove that she is strong enough, good enough to control her own fate and defend herself.

As soon as they were settled by the benches near the marble fountain, signs of discomfort began to show on the girls’ faces. Their guilt began to grow, keeping them from enjoying the beautiful view and the company of the dazzling princes. They hated lazing around; preferring to be consumed in the euphoria of punches and kicks instead.

“Would you please stop thinking about practice, all of you?” Kiseop rolled his eyes in annoyance, drowning in the noisy minds of the silent girls. “Just try to enjoy yourselves a little.”

Silence fell upon them and glances were exchanged back and forth. A break wouldn’t kill them, would it? The boys were trying hard to entertain them, the least they could do is enjoy some time off.  A loud gasp finally broke the silence as Haerin clapped in excitement.

“I have a great idea! We could enjoy the beautiful weather and the good company, and we could practice at the same time!” She squealed, mentally patting her back for the awesome idea she just had.

“Oh no!” Kiseop let out, not thrilled at all.

“Oh yes!” Hearin nodded a bright smile on her face. “We should have a fight simulation, boys against girls! “

“Is she serious?” Kiseop glanced at Kevin, still confused.

“I’m afraid she is.” Kevin simply said, smiling at his partner’s motivation.

“No guys listen, it’s a great idea.” Mei got up, high fiving her friend. “It would be like practice, but more real, like a test of our progress.”

“I can’t believe you’re agreeing to this.” Kiseop groaned.

“Exactly, Mei. But here is the catch!” Haerin smiled evilly, glaring at kiseop in particular. “Each girl will have to pick a boy other than her partner. A good test of progress would be to fight someone who has no idea how you carry yourself out.”

“Brilliant” Jiyeon cheered.

“I’m in.” Nina stood up.

“So am I.” Boram raised her hand.

“So are we” Gaein and Gyuri yelled, laughing in the process.

“I’ll go first. Hearin stated, and I pick the mind reading freak.” Her evil grin never left her face and Kiseop rolled his eyes again.

“How do you think you’re going to beat him?” Dongho asked, “He can read your mind you know.”

“Do you honestly think Mei didn’t share some tricks with me?” Haerin answered, never taking her eyes off of Kiseop as the latter’s eyes widened in shock. “She is my best friend after all.”

 

And with that the first fight began. Hearin was excited to beat someo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter