A new sparke

Dark Angels [Hiatus/ returning soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in the room, the atmosphere was tense and suffocating. The girls and their mothers were all silent. The girls were furious, confused and shocked, while the mothers were sorry for keeping such important news hidden for so long. It wasn't long after Mei left that Hearin decided she couldn't handle the tension anymore, so she stood up and headed towards the door.

"I'm going to find Mei" She let out before opening the door and stepping outside. 

The truth is, she had no idea where Mei was, and she didn't care much, she just wanted to escape the abnoxious situation she was forced into, she needed some time to think. So she decided to just wander around, but unfortunatly for her, she didn't enjoy her alone time for too long, for a certain immortal popped out of no- where. 

"Where to, Haerin?" 

"Oh my God, you scared me!" Haerin screamed slightly with a jump. 

"I'm sorry, Kevin said with a soft laugh, I didn't mean to frighten you."

Haerin put a hand on her racing heart as if she would steady it and took a deep breath. She turned around completely to face the vampire and froze. It was the first time she actually took a good look at him, earlier when he was in her room, and later when they were in the Grand Hall, she was too confused and outraged to pay attention to her "future husband". But now that they were all alone, and the confusion kind of wore off - because the outrage is still there- she was blown away. Haerin was the type of girl who took pride in her independance and didn't cast a second glance at any boy. She wasn't uptight or a nerd, on the contrary she was fun and outgoing, plus her good looks made her desirable, but she believed that true love didn't come to people who were still in their teens, so she decided to skip the teenage drama and wait for the perfect moment. 

That decision, wasn't completely blown away, but it was slightly shaken, when Haerin gave herself the time to actually look at Kevin. Her eyes darted to his silky brown hair, his soft brown eyes, his small nose, his full plump lips, his tall lean body, his lacy white fingers, his milky complection and his bright aura. Haerin always claimed that she could read people's auras and she thought that the brightness of Kevins' is astonishing. 

This change of atmosphere though, didn't go unnoticed by the vampire, who felt Haerin's piercing gaze on him and in an unnatural reaction, both because he was a vampire and a hot boy, he blushed. 

"Oh man, you're blushing"  said Hearin before she bursted into a loud, long melodic laugh. 

"Yeah..." was all Kevin let out as he rubbed the back of his neck in embarassment. 

"Don't be embarassed, it's cute." Haerin said with a sweet smile.

"Is that a compliment honey?" Teased Kevin. 

"Don't push it, pretty boy." 

"Alright, alright. But you still didn't answer the question, where are you going?" 

"I don't know... I just needed some time alone." 

"Do you mind if I join you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter