The other

How I Met Yul

"Yah, Yul. Is it true that Yunho likes you?"

 

Where did that come from? 

 

"Where did you get that information, Hyo?"

 

Hyoyeon unnie knows something I don't know. Please don't say it in front of me.

 

"He just sent you flowers awhile ago. Did you get them?"

 

"Flowers? For what? It's not my birthday."

 

"He's congratulating you on our debut stage. Hey, don't you like him too, Yul?"

 

"Uhhh yeah I had a crush on him. Wait, so he really sent flowers? I didn't see them yet."

 

My chest felt so heavy. My heart was shattered into millions of pieces. Why do I feel like this? Do I... love.. you?

 

"Manager oppa! You haven't given the flowers to Yul?"

 

"Oh! I forgot. Sorry Yuri. Yunho sent you flowers earlier this morning. It's in the car but I forgot to give it to you. Sorry."

 

"It's okay oppa. I'll just get them later."

 

Stop. Just stop talking about the flowers.

 

I just sat there. Staring blankly into space. I didn't know how to react to the situation. I was with Yuri for three years (or even more) and there have been a lot of guys looking at her, but she didn't really care about them. she would turn them down (in the nicest way possible). But I got scared because this was Yunho. A guy she mentioned that she liked.. and now this guy likes her back? What are the chances? A LOT. 

 

We went back to our dorm after dinner. We both walked up to the dorm with Yul carrying her bouquet of flowers. I was able to get the note.

 

Hello Yuri! 

I just want to say congratulations on your debut stage! Although it's not so official yet, I still wish the best for you and your group. So Nyuh Shi Dae fighting! Message me once you get the flowers. My number is 010-4321-9876.

 

Yunho xx

 

He gave his phone number?!

 

"Yul, he gave his phone number."

 

"What? Are you serious?"

 

"Yeah, he said to message him once you receive the flowers. Wow, he likes you Yul!"

 

I had to act in a way that I'm happy for her. 

 

"Yah stop it Yoong. Maybe he just wants to be friends."

 

"Wait, aren't you happy? I thought you like him?"

 

"I do but.. I don't know how to feel about this. It's... it's too good to be true."

 

"But it IS true. It's cute how he sent you flowers just so he could give his phone number."

 

"It is cute. And the flowers are beautiful too hehehe."

 

Oh great, Yoong. You just complimented Yunho oppa. 

 

"I'll just message him. He's probably waiting for me to message."

 

"Oh. Okay Yul. I'll... I'll just change my clothes then I'll go to sleep in a while coz I'm really tired."

 

"It's 8pm. Quite early from your usual sleeping time. But okay, if you're tired then I don't want to hold you back from sleeping."

 

Why does she have to do that? She cares about me so much that I can't even hate her for giving away her phone number to Yunho oppa that easy. Ugh, why am I even calling him oppa? He's my rival now. 

 

That night, I couldn't sleep. To be honest, I wasn't really sleepy. I just didn't want to talk about Yunho. If I stayed awake with her, I bet we're just gonna talk about him. Yul's nightlight was still on. I think she messaged him and they talked to each other till 11pm. I want to see her and how she reacts to his messages.... just a glimpse ...

 

She's smiling. She's really smiling. Is it about the message? Is she falling for Yunho?? No. Maybe she just read something funny online. I'm becoming paranoid. 

 

I turned back. Tears fell down. I was in pain. Three years of having a crush on you, Kwon Yuri.. it ends here..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.. because I'm in love with you.