SM Trainee

How I Met Yul

Ten years ago.

 

 

 

SM Entertainment. It's been a dream of mine to become a famous singer. I NEED to audition. This is also my chance to meet my favorite band, DBSK. Ohhhhh Micky Yoochun! I seriously admire this man. But I just admire him as a celebrity and nothing more than that. 

 

"#244 Im Yoona," a man's voice coming out from the speakers. This is it Yoona. You need to do your best. 

"Good morning! My name is Im Yoona~"

"Hello. What will you do for your audition, Yoona?" one of the judges said as he looks at me with his intimidating eyes. 

"I'm going to sing, ahjusshi." 

 

My heart was beating so fast. I was so nervous. I hope I get in. *fingers crossed*

"That was great, Yoona! Please proceed to the other room and we'll announce the results later," the other judge said while giving me a warm smile. That smile gave me so much faith and courage. As I went to the other room, I noticed something. Oh no wait. Not something. SOMEONE. She was sitting at the corner of the room with her earphones on. I feel like she's listening to DBSK's album since her music was loud enough for me to hear. She's beautifully handsome. No. She's handsomely beautiful. Oh, I don't know. Get yourself together Im Yoona. Are you having a crush on this girl?! 

 

"Hi. Can I sit with you?" 

 

Great. You just couldn't control yourself. No. You just want to be friends. Yeah, that's it. 

 

"Sure," said that beautiful girl.

 

"My name is Im Yoona. What's your name?"

"Oh, my name is Kwon Yuri." 

"That's a cute name. Oh, I heard you're listening to DBSK. You like them too?" I asked. 

"Omo~! Don't tell me you're a fan? Who's your favorite member?"

"Yes! I like them so much. It's one of the reasons why I auditioned here. I wanted to see Yoochun oppa."

"Really? I wanted to see them too. I'm a big fan of Yunho." 

 

KWON YURI. KWON YURI. It kept repeating in my head even when I got home. What was with that name that made it so special? Yah, I don't know. But all I know is that, I had to meet her again.

 


 

2 DAYS AFTER

 

 

*rings*

 

"Hello?"

 

"Good morning. May I speak to Ms. Im Yoona?"

 

"Yes, this is Yoona."

 

"Um, we are calling from SM Entertainment, and we just want to inform you that you have passed our auditions. Please report to our office tomorrow at 10am."

 

"OMG! Is this for real? Oh, sorry for screaming. I'll be there tomorrow! Thank you so much!"

 

 

I. CANNOT. BELIEVE. THIS. I'm finally gonna be a part of the SM Family! I'm finally meeting Yoochun. Hmmm.. will I be able to meet that girl again? Kwon Yuri?… I hope so. Ugh but why do you want to see her again Yoona?? Wait. That's right. I just want to be her friend. She seems like a nice person anyway. Oh whatever. I'm just so happy right now! 

 

"Mooooooooom!!"

 

"Why are you screaming, Yoona? What has gotten into you??"

 

"Mom, I passed the auditions! I start my training tomorrow!"

 

I have never been this excited in my whole entire life. I'm finally an SM trainee! I know it's going to be hard, but I have to do this for my mom. I want to make her proud. 

 

NEXT DAY.

 

"Yoona? Yoona? Wake up, honey. You can't be late on your first day."

 

For once, I'm happy that my mom woke me up this early. Usually, I get annoyed because I need more beauty rest. I quickly got up, took a bath, brushed my teeth and rushed downstairs to have breakfast.

 

 

As I ate my cereal, I can't help but comment on my mom who has been staring at me for 5 minutes now.

 

"Mom! What's wrong? You've been staring at me for 5 mins now."

 

"Oh. Sorry honey. It's just that this is the first time we ever had breakfast together. I'm just shocked. But in a good way."

 

Well that struck me hard. Ever since dad left us, I always hated having breakfast together. It just reminds me of the past. But I knew I should have done this a long time ago. 

 

"Sorry mom. From now on, I will eat breakfast with you. I just hated doing it ever since dad left us."

 

Those words gave my mom a smile.

 

"It's okay honey, I understand."

 

*HONK*

Omg. The carpool is finally here. THE SM CARPOOL. Okay, enough fangirling Yoona. This is it. Today is the day. I can feel the good energy coming in. This day started out great, and I can't wait to see what will happen today. You can do this Yoona. 

 

"Yoona! Stop daydreaming honey. The car is here. You need to get going."

 

"Thanks mom. Take care of yourself alright? I'll give you calls whenever I get the chance to. I love you mom!"

 

It hurts to see my mom in tears as I leave her. It's only going to be a month. After that I can see her again and spend time with her. But still, I'm gonna miss her. Don't worry mom, I'll come back for you. I'll train hard.

 

 

As the car goes faster, so does my heart beat. I am just filled with excitement and nervousness. At the same time, I feel like I'm going to fangirl a lot since I'm going to see Yoochun. kekekeke.

 

"Here we are miss. Just approach that man on the desk and show him your ID. Then go up to the 17th floor and proceed to the trainee room. Don't worry, people here are friendly. Just ask them. Goodluck!"

 

This uncle is really nice. I can't wait to meet the rest of the people here.

 

"Thank you for the instructions and for the ride sir! I will be going out now."

 

After giving in my ID, I just felt numb. I didn't expect myself to be this nervous. My steps were getting heavy as I get in the elevator. 

 

Okay. Here I am at the 17th floor. Where's the trainee room?

 

"Um, are you looking for the trainee room?"

 

That voice. Sounds so familiar.... like I've heard it in my dreams or something. I turned around...and I saw this handsome looking face..