Official Debut stage

How I Met Yul

Ever since that day, things have never been the same between Yul and I. I was always awkward with her and I tried to avoid her in the most discreet way. I avoided being with her because I was scared that I'd fall deeper and get hurt in the end. Every now and then, Yunho would message Yuri. They would talk for hours and hours.. and I'm just there.. lying on my bed and holding back my tears. I miss the old us. I didn't have to stay away. But I was just really scared...

 

 

"Yoong? You still awake?"

 

I pretended to be asleep. I didn't want to talk to her. We might just talk about Yunho anyway. 

 

"I guess not. I miss you, Yoong."

 

Wait. What? She... misses me?

 

She turned off the lights and went to sleep. I couldn't help but cry. She misses me. She knows that I'm avoiding her. But why don't I have courage to talk to her? 

 

THE NEXT DAY. 

 

"Wake up you twoooo!"

 

They woke me up before my alarm clock?! What's going on?

 

"Seohyun-ah, why so early?"

 

"Unnie, we need to get up early since today is our official debut stage at Inkigayo!"

 

"Omg. I totally forgot about that. Alright, I'll be out in a while. Let me just get ready."

 

"Please wake up Yuri unnie for me. I need to get ready too."

 

"But I---"

 

"Thanks unnie!"

 

Okay. I guess I have no choice but to wake her up myself.

 

I approached her bed. She sleeps like an angel. How can I wake her up when she's fast asleep? Makes me just want to stare at her the whole day. I'm sorry Yuri. I'm sorry for avoiding you these past few weeks. But I can't tell you the reason why.

 

"Yoong."

 

"Are you awake already?"

 

"Yoong."

 

Hold on. She's still asleep. Why is she.. saying my name?

 

"Hey Yul, wake up. We need to get up for our last rehearsal."

 

"Oh. Yoong. Yeah, I'll get up in a while. Thanks."

 

She finally woke up. But I want to ask her why she said my name. Did she.. dream about me? Stop assuming Yoona. 

 

Today's going to be a busy day. I shouldn't stress myself out with my feelings for Yul. I'll just ask her when the time is right. Right now, I need to focus on our last rehearsal since Korea is going to be watching us today. 

 

"Okay girls, I just want to tell you all what's going to happen today. As you know, you'll be having your official debut stage later at Inkigayo. Do your best and keep in mind all the things that the choreographers have taught you and so as your vocal coaches. At the same time, just have fun. After this, you will all go to SBS building to get ready for the show later. We'll have a technical rehearsal and your clothes will be sent there too. Make me proud okay?"

 

Manager oppa is excited for us today. I'm so glad that he gave us advice and instructions before we even go there. Takes a little of my nervousness away. 

 

=========================================================

Here we are at the SBS building. I got off the car with a smile on my face trying to put up a good impression for the fans waiting outside. I can't let them see that I'm dying inside. 

 

We got up to our dressing room and after a few minutes, they called us up to go on stage for the technical rehearsal. We had to check the microphones, the speakers, and our choreo. There were a few fans at the audience area. Though there were only a few, I was so nervous because they were watching us very carefully and I didn't want to make any mistakes.

 

After the techinical rehearsal, we had to put on our clothes and make-up for the show. Since we're rookies, we didn't have to put on much make-up. We were told to stick with the fresh look. I guess I didn't have any problem with that since all of us seemed to be confident about our faces. Suddenly, a group of guys came in...

 

"Hello! We just came by to wish you all good luck!"

 

I knew that person's voice. And it was someone whom I did not wish to see right now. 

 

"Yunho oppa! Did you come here to see us or to see Yul? hahaha"

 

Please stop it Sica unnie. 

 

"No, I came here to see all of you haha. We need to go now. We'll be watching! Yuri fighting!"

 

"Thanks oppa!"

 

Sooyoung unnie gave me a glance. She looked really concerned about how I felt. But I really can't take this anymore. I quickly went to the bathroom.

 

"Yoong? Are you okay?"

 

It was Sooyoung unnie. I'm glad that someone in our group knows how I feel. 

 

"Sorry unnie. I just couldn't take it."

 

"Let me in. I want to help you Yoong."

 

I had to let her in. She's the only one who knows and I know unnie can comfort me.

 

"It's okay. Don't think about it that much. We can't deny the fact that Yunho likes Yuri. But we're not sure if Yuri feels the same. She's just probably being nice to him."

 

"But did you see the way Yul looked at him? She was so happy to see him. And they message each other every night. This is what I had to deal with every night unnie. It hurts a lot now."

 

"You-- you're starting to love her Yoong."

 

"I guess I am. I denied that thought for three years, but now, I think I'm really in love."

 

"It's okay. I'll help you alright? But for now, we need to focus and get ready. Think about your mom first. Make her proud tonight. Then we'll fix this problem with Yuri. Okay?"

 

"Okay unnie. Thank you for everything."

 

"Now stop crying alright? Give me a hug."

 

Thank you so much Sooyoung unnie. Thank you for making me feel better.

 

"SO NYEO SHI DAE ON STANDBY"

 

*heart beats faster*

 

...........

......

 

 

 

 

"Let us all welcome the Inkigayo rookies! SO NYEO SHI DAE!"

 

 

=================================

FINALLY. The performance is over.