The win

How I Met Yul

Today is October 11, 2007. We're up against Lee Seung Ki. It would be nice if we won. But of ourse, I don't want to hope too much. Today also marks the day when I finally tell Kwon Yuri my feelings for her. I'm not so sure if it's the right decision, but all I know is that... she has to know what's going on. 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

"Congratulations on your debut stage! It was awesome!"

 

Manager oppa kept telling us how much we did well. I'm glad we made him happy. 

 

"Yoong."

 

The person I least expect to call me at this moment. 

 

"Oh. Yul. What's up?"

 

"Well, I just wanted to ask if there's something wrong. We don't get to talk much anymore and it seems like.... you're avoiding me. That's just how I feel. But I don't know if I'm right so I want to confirm it with you."

 

"I'm not avoiding you unnie. It's just that, I think you've been busy with Yunho oppa and.. I'm busy with the drama filming nowadays. I'm sorry unnie."

 

"No, no. It's alright. I understand. You need to memorize your lines too and I really thought you were avoiding me. Anyway, I'm not dating Yunho, okay. He just likes to message me all the time. We talk about random things so don't take it the wrong way."

 

Why is she explaining?

 

"It's okay unnie. I wasn't thinking of it that way. Don't worry, we'll spend time soon!"

 

"Cool. Sorry for judging you Yoong."

 

She gave me a hug. I wanted to cry in front of her and tell her that I'm in love with her already. But I just couldn't. I hugged back and everything went back to the way it was. I didn't want her to think that I'm avoiding her. 

 

 

*FLASHBACK END*

 

"So nyeo shi dae!"

 

What? We won? Omg. Our first award. 

  

I can not believe this. 

 

I can't help but cry as I hear Yul give out her message. I just want to hug her. 

 

"Yul!!"

 

"Yoong! We won!"

 

We hugged for the longest time. It felt so nice. I think... I think I'm ready to tell her.

 

"Yul, there's something I want to tell you."

 

"Me too! But you go first."

 

I'm scared. Is she going to tell me that she's with Yunho? Okay, I think I should let her go first.

 

"No, you go first unnie. I'm still trying to gain confidence."

 

"Oh okay okay. But.. is it okay if I tell you when we get to the dorm? I wanted to tell you privately."

 

"Sure unnie."

 

My heart is beating faster and faster. I want to know what's on your mind, Yul.

 

A lot of our sunbaes congratulated us on our first win. It's something that we will never forget. I quickly called mom to tell her that we won. She was so proud of me and I could hear her crying on the other end of the line which somehow made me cry too.

 

Time flies so fast. We're heading back to the dorm to celebrate our first victory.

 

"Okay my babies, change your clothes and let's get together here at the dining table later to celebrate, alright?"

 

Our Taeyeon umma is so cute. Anyway, the time has come.

 

"Yoong."

 

"Yes? What was it that you were gonna say?"

 

"Please listen. And listen to me carefully. This is really important and I hope we'll just keep this between the two of us. You might find this weird but... I have a confession to make."

 

A confession? Now I'm really scared. Please don't hurt my feelings, Yul. 

 

"Three years ago, I met someone. This 'someone' changed my life. I was always excited to go to training everyday because I was inspired. We had the same dreams, aspirations.. and most of all, she was someone I fell in love with."

 

Her?

 

"Yoong.. I'm in love with you."