Make up or break up

How I Met Yul

I need my Yuri.

 

As soon as those words popped into my mind, I saw rose petals on the seaside. And it wasn't just rose petals that happen to be blown by the wind..... it was perfectly lined up like trails. Like what any normal person would do, I walked and followed the trails. To my surprise, there was a table and two chairs at the end of the trail. 

 

This is probably Khun again. When will he stop?

 

There was a note on top of the table that says,

I'm sorry for what happened last night. Let me make it up to you.

 

Could it be that my Yul is making up for our anniversary? She probably got guilty of not listening to me last night. Just a simple hug and kiss will do, Yuri. You really didn't have to do all this for me.

 

"Let me make it up to you with this simple breakfast."

 

"Khun! I told you to stop this! What's wrong with you?!"

 

"Hey, I'm just being friendly. You don't have to get mad at me. I just really wanted to make it up to you."

 

"Do you think that this would really help?! What if Yuri sees us like this? Aish Nickhun!"

 

"Sorry. I just wanted to do something sweet. And can't friends do things like this?"

 

"It's not that, Khun. We can when everything's clear to Yuri. She's probably still mad at me."

 

"Okay okay, I get it. I'll clean this up and I'll talk to your Yul."

 

"Really? You would do that?"

 

"Yeah. But with one condition though."

 

"What is it? Don't make it too difficult for me."

 

"......introduce me formally to Tiffany."

 

"WHAT? Wait, did I just hear you right? Tiffany unnie???"

 

"Yeah, why? Is she dating someone else?"

 

"No, but.. okay whatever. I'll help you with Tiffany, if you help me with Yul. Deal?"

 

"Deal. Hey Yoona, sorry for being like that last night. I just really missed you and I was hoping for us to hang out, but I didn't know you were dating someone else now. Don't worry, I'll take Tiffany seriously. I'm not gonna introduce myself just because I want to get my mind off you... She seems like a nice girl, and maybe we both have a chance?"

 

"Hey Khunnie, you haven't even met her formally yet and now you're onto the next level?"

 

I couldn't help but just laugh at him. Khun has been a friend of mine since preschool and we developed feelings for each other when I was in the 6th grade. After that, I had to stop seeing him for a while since I had to focus on SNSD. From those years of being with him, I can say that this guy is really something. He cares a lot the person he likes. I'm not scared of introducing him to Tiffany because I know I can trust his feelings for her. 

 

"Just wanted to let you know my intentions. Hey, is that Yuri?"

 

Faith has really been annoying since last night. Yuri was standing from far away then eventually left when she saw us looking at her. She's probably thinking that I'm going on a date with this prince of Thailand. 

 

"You want me to follow her?"

 

"It's okay Khun. Just let her go for a while. There's a time for everything. Right now isn't the time for that yet."

 

"Okay. Umm.. let's go have breakfast."

 

I had no choice at that moment but to have breakfast with Khun. I was depressed as hell, but I had to entertain my friend too. 


Filming starts in an hour. I have an hour to get myself together. As much as I want to make up with Yul, I also need to focus on my career. Maybe I should just act as if everything's all right. Or maybe I should just stay away from Yul for a while. Yes. That should do it for the whole filming. 

 

"Yoona? Are you okay? You've been staring at your plate for about a minute now."

 

"Oh. I'm sorry. I can't help but think about Yuri."

 

"Aish. What's with this Kwon Yuri that you fell in love with her? You're the least person I know that would fall in love with a girl."

 

"Hey, what's wrong with liking her?"

 

"Nothing. Don't take it the wrong way. I'm just curious."

 

"I don't know, Khun. It just happened. I fell for her that fast."

 

"But what happened to your celebrity crush before? The person I was jealous of. Hmm Yoochun?"

 

"Oh. That. Well, I met him before I liked Yuri. But he didn't show much interest until the last minute."

 

"What do you mean? Don't tell me he likes you too?"

 

"I don't want to confirm it, but my instincts tell me so."

 

"Ohhh. You're really something, Yoona. You make everyone fall in love with you."

 

"Hey! It's not like I wanted that to happen. If I had a choice, I would only let Yuri fall in love with me."

 

"Okay, now you're just being selfish. Anyway, how---"

 

"Yoona? Oh, sorry for interrupting. I was just in a hurry to talk to you about something."

 

"Um Tiffany unnie, this is Nickhhun-sshi. My childhood friend from Thailand."

 

"Oh hi! I'm Nichkhun. Nice to meet you."

 

As expected, Nichkhun is making his move. And it seems like Tiffany unnie's interested in him too.

 

"Sorry Nichkhun oppa, but can I talk to Yoona for a while? It's really important."

 

"Go ahead, I don't mind. We just finished breakfast anyway."

 

"Thank you!"


Tiffany unnie grabbed me and looked really worried about something.

 

"What's wrong, unnie?"

 

"It's Yuri. She's been acting really weird ever since last night. She hasn't eaten breakfast yet and doesn't want to talk to anyone. Maybe you could come and see her?"

 

"Where is she? Is she still in our room?"

 

"Yeah. She stayed there the whole time according to Sooyoung."


I was in a hurry to see her. I couldn't stand the fact that she's in a mess. I really needed to explain everything to her. I just hope that she would listen to me.


I opened the room and saw her sitting at the corner with her head resting on her knees. I could feel that she's been crying.

 

"Yul?"


"Yoona… i'm sorry."


I ran to her, knelt down and gave her a tight hug.


"Sorry for what Yul? You didn't have to be like this."


"I'm sorry for not listening to you. I'm sorry for making our anniversary the worst one. Sorry for not being able to make you happy that you had to find a new one. I'm sorry I'm not enough, Yoona."

 

"What are you talking about? Khun is just a friend. Yes, I did like him before. But that was back then in 6th grade. He was just being a jerk last night. He wanted to talk to you and explain things. Yuri, you're the only one I love, and you are perfect in my eyes. There's no reason for me to look for someone else."


She didn't talk after that. I just hugged her tight until she felt the sincerity in my heart. I really do love her.