Big reveal

How I Met Yul

Hi guys, I'm back! I'm really sorry for not updating. I feel that it's been a year or so :( I've been so busy with school that I couldn't really find time to continue the story, and ever since our Sica left the group, I couldn't find the inspiration to write. Anyway, I hope you'd still enjoy this next chapter. Fighting Sones!!

 

Spoiler alert: This chapter is heartbreaking. 

 


I don't know what to do. I've been up all night thinking. Should I tell the truth or not? In a few minutes, I'll be out there are the people will ask me several questions about that night. 

 

"Hey, are you nervous?"

 

"Yeah. I've been thinking about it all night, Yul. But I don't know how to solve this problem."

 

"You know what, I don't care if they find out about us. I'm pretty much ready for it."

 

"But what about the others? I can't let the others get involved in this. We're a family, Yul. One does something wrong, the name comes with it."

 

"I know, I know. But shouldn't we all be in this together? That's why we're a family, right? I mean.. we've all been together for 7 years now. I think everyone understands each other."

 

"Yuri.."

 

"Okay. Just think about that. If you can't, I guess we could think of something else."

 

I couldn't even look at Yuri. I've caused so much trouble that I don't know how to fix this. 

 

As I stood there with Yuri trying to get my attention, I see Sica unnie approaching from my peripheral vision.

 

"Yoona, don't stress yourself too much. Don't worry, they won't know your relationship with Yul. Something tells me that they won't ask you questions regarding the issue the other night."

 

"What are you talking about unnie?"

 

"Nothing. Just a gut feeling.. Anyway! Let's get to the car! Manager oppa is calling us!"

 

I never really got what Sica unnie said. What could possibly happen at the press conference? I'm 101% sure that someone's gonna ask me about the other night. 

 

 

After a 30 minute drive, we finally arrive at the press conference. Fans were waiting outside just to see us. Most of them holding banners with our names on it. I even saw a 'YoonYul' banner which made me calm even just for a little while. The moment I got out of the car, I could only hear my heartbeat beating fast as I approach the main entrance. Flashing lights, silent screams.. and my beating heart. Nothing could possibly be worse. 

 

"We'd like to welcome the presence of the most popular girl group of South Korea, Girls Generation. Please give them a warm applause."

 

Here goes nothing.

 

"We will be staring our press conference by briefing everyone on how we'll go through the questions. Please ask one at a time and raise your hand. We will try our best to accommodate your questions one by one."

 

My heart was beating so fast. I knew right then and there, I was going to tell them. But I'm trying so hard to think of an alibi. What could I possibly say? Should I just tell them that I'm dating someone else? 

 

"Good evening everyone. I don't know where to start. Um.. I just want to thank everyone who came out here tonight despite their busy schedules. Taeyeon unnie is the leader, but I think I should make this announcement right now."

 

What... what is this? Jessica unnie? I'm so confused. 

 

"I've been with these 8 beautiful sisters for a very long time.. and it's no joke. I love them so much that I can't even bear to be without them even for just a day. We had our ups and downs, but just like any other sibling, we made up. Others may think it's just business.. but these girls are my family. I know this will affect us all, but I have to say this now. I'm leaving Girls Generation."

 

My heart just broke into millions and millions of pieces. I don't know if unnie did this for me or was she really planning on doing this, but my heart can't take this. 

 

"I'm leaving not because I hated being a part of Girls Generation. There are other things to be taken care of, and... I want to live normally. I don't want to be selfish, but we are humans too. Thank you for supporting us and I hope that you'll still continue to support my eight other siblings."

 

Right then and there, every one of us was in shock and the reporters went all crazy trying to ask a series of questions. The weird thing is, our manager Oppa didn't seem to be surprised about it. All of us were shocked. We definitely didn't know anything about this. 

 


After the press conference, we went straight back to the dorm. Silence filled the room as each one of us sat down in a circle. I couldn't hold back my tears and I was the first one to break down.

 

"Jessica, why are you leaving? Why didn't you tell us anything? Does the management know this? If this is for Yoona and Yuri, why didn't you consult us first?"

 

"Taeyeon-ah, I'm serious about leaving. I'll explain what happened. I believe it's unfair if I don't tell you all what happened."

 

"Tell us. We're all confused right now. We're family and we want to help."

 

"First of all... I'd like to apologise for the sudden announcement. I know everyone's shocked. So am I. I never planned on leaving. It's just that.. the management.. the company.. doesn't want me to start up a business. Remember Blanc and Eclare? We're opening it up soon. And I can't have the company unless I make a partnership with SM Ent."

 

"What? Why do they need to partner up with Blanc and Eclare?"

 

"I'm thinking shares. They probably want shares from my company. I don't know. I've tried to talk to them about me staying and managing my company at the same time but they didn't want to. I have to leave the group if I want to officially open the company. Look, it's not that I'm choosing Blanc and Eclare over Girls Generation but.."

 

"We know. It's hard for all of us. I understand why you're doing this. I know I haven't been a good leader these past few years because I lack in so many ways, but give me this chance to tell every single one of you that wherever we are now and everything we've achieved so far as Girls Generation.. I'm very proud."

 

It's hard for me to take everything in all at once. Jessica unnie leaving is like losing a family member. I have so many things in mind that I don't know which one to think about first. 

 

"I... I never thought it would be like this for us.. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to go on. I wanted to stay.. but I can't do anything about it. It would be great to launch the company with all of you because I wouldn't even be able to have this business without the inspiration I get from all of you. This company isn't just supposed to be me.. but nine of us."

 

Tears run down Jessica unnie's face as she tells us everything. No one could hold back their tears. All of us ended up crying.. and I knew we all felt the same pain. 

 

That night, we just cried our hearts out. It's another challenging step for us. I don't know how we'll survive.