The Reason

How I Met Yul

I was determined to find her. If I have to search every part of Seoul, I will. 

 

"Oppa, did she text back?"

 

"Sorry Yoona, there aren't any messages from her yet."

 

"Yoong, calm down. We'll find her. I don't think would go somewhere far. She's probably at the dorm or at her parent's house. I'm sure she's fine. Okay?"

 

"Okay unnie. I'm sorry. I'm just so anxious right now that I can't stop thinking about the never ending possibili---"

 

"Yoona. Sssh. Just calm down."

 

"Sorry unnie."

 

I couldn't help it. I was glad that Taeyeon unnie was by my side and telling me not to worry too much. Well, not just Taeyeon unnie, but everyone. If I were to handle this myself, I feel like I'm just gonna explode.

 

When we got to the dorm, I stormed my way upstairs and only to find an empty room. She wasn't there. But some of my things were moved. There's a 99.9% chance that she came in here and left. I quickly checked the closet. Her clothes were halfway than the usual amount that she had in there. That explains it. She took some clothes and left. I don't know where she went, but it means there's also a big possiblity of her coming back. Her laptop is still here. She couldn't possibly leave this if she was to run away. 

 

"Hey Yoong, I don't think she came in the dorm. She's probably at her parent's house."

 

"Sooyoung unnie.. she stopped by. Some of my things were moved and.... she got some clothes."

 

"Really? Well let's go to her parent's place then."

 

"But unnie, think about it. If she was going to go to her parent's house, why would she need to bring clothes. Originally, she has clothes at home."

 

"Hmmm. You're right. Then where could she have gone? I don't know any other place where she ca---"

 

"What?"

 

"Wait. I just remembered something. There IS one place that she could've went to."

 

"Where?"

 

"Amber's apartment. The two are close to each other. They're childhood friends and from what I know, whenever Yuri has problems, she would go to Amber's."

 

"Amber? F(x)?"

 

"Yeah. But should we check her parent's house first?"

 

"Okay unnie. I didn't know that the two were close friends. Amber is naturally friendly, but it's my first time to find out that they were best friends."

 

"Well, there's probably a reason behind that. She won't keep it from you without a reason. Come on, let's go. We'll tell manager oppa to drive us there."

 

"Thanks unnie.... and I'm sorry for all the trouble."

 

"Hey, it's our trouble too. Yuri's part of this family and we'll find her no matter what."

 

I was glad to hear that. The members are as worried as me. I guess that's a good thing. We'll be able to find Yuri in no time since everyone is determined to find her too. I'm hoping she's at these places that we suspected. Good thing we didn't have a schedule today. We need to find her today, or else we'll be incomplete in our schedules. And I'll be really miserable if she's not here. Where are you, Kwon Yuri? 

 

 

 

 

We headed on to Goyang where Yuri's parents live. My "in-laws" has a really big house and it's my first time to go inside. I'm quite nervous. It's like asking Yuri's hand in marriage. 

 

"Oh, hello Sooyoungie! Yoona yah!"

 

"Hello eomonni! We just dropped by to see if Yuri's here. We were in Thailand, but she left a little early. We thought that she might come by here or..."

 

"Well, she came by earlier this morning. She told me that she was going to stay at a friend's house. Is something wrong? Did she do anything bad?"

 

"No no no. She didn't do anything, eomonni. We were just worried that she might have gone somewhere else."

 

"I'm sorry. Well, Yuri's fine. You don't have to worry much. Anyway, Amber's apartment is just a few block away so I don't think it'll be hard to get there!"

 

"She's at Amber's? Okay okay. Thank you eomonni! Have a great day!"

 

So she's at Amber's apartment? Sooyoung unnie was right. I guess there's a lot of explanation that's going to happen later. And I'm going to prepare myself for that as early as now. 

 

"Amber's apartment is just a few blocks away. Shall we walk?"

 

"Okay unnie. Hahhh. I'm really hoping she'd be there."

 

"I'm sure she's there."

 

So we walked a few blocks from Yul's house to Amber's apartment. I could feel some people following us and taking photos, but I didn't care anymore. All I cared about was to find Yul. When we finally reached the apartment, the lady at the front desk told us that she has seen Yul around this apartment. She was kind enough to give Amber's apartment number since we were friends anyway and she was a big fan of Girls' Generation. I didn't want to leave her without anything, so to repay her kindness, we both took a photo with her and gave her our autographs. Perks of being an idol, I guess. 

 

"410. Here it is Yoong. Room 410."

 

I didn't hesitate anymore. I pushed the doorbell as soon as we reached Amber's apartment.

 

"Hello? Who's there?"

 

I looked straight into the webcam.

 

"Amber? It's me, Yoona. Can I come in?"

 

"O-oh. U-unnie it's you. Umm sure. Hold on, I'll just open the door."

 

Amber seemed nervous. I was sure that Yuri was in here. 

 

"What brings you here unnie? Oh, hello Sooyoung unnie."

 

"Hello. Well, we came by to check if Yuri came here. Yoona and I have been looking for her."

 

"Please tell me she's here. I really need to talk to her."

 

"Ummm... well.."

 

"It's okay Amber. I'll take it from here."

 

I knew it. She was here. She can't run away from me just like that.

 

"Okay unnie. Um, i'll leave you guys to talk. I'll just prepare some drinks."

 

"Thanks Amber. And sorry barging in here."

 

"It's okay unnie. Anything for my best friend."

 

Okay. This is the moment. I'm ready for whatever may come. I'm not leaving this apartment without Yul telling me everything. I want to save this relationship, and I want to help her with whatever she's going through.

 

"Yah Yul. Why'd you leave us in Thailand? We were all worried. Taeyeon unnie was worried. And Yoona spent most of her time trying to contact you."

 

"Yul, if there's something wrong, just tell me. Why'd you leave me like that? If this isn't about Nichkhun, then what's wrong?"

 

"It's not about him. I'm just afraid. I don't know how I'm supposed to tell you this."

 

"What is it? If it's about family, we're here to help Yul."

 

"I'm sorry, Sooyoung, can I talk to you for a moment?"

 

"Why do you have to exclude me???"

 

What is wrong with this Yul?! Why can't she just tell me what's wrong??

 

"I'll tell you in a while. Just give me some time, please Yoong?"

 

"Fine. Go ahead."

 

I couldn't hear clearly what Yul was telling unnie, but Sooyoung unnie suddenly kept quiet and I she was about to cry. Now I'm desperate to know.

 

"Here's some drinks guys."

 

"Amber, is it okay if we leave these two for a while?"

 

"Sure, we can stay in my room for a while. I have internet. If.. that helps."

 

"Thanks Amber. Let's go."

 

Sooyoung unnie and Amber left me and Yul in the living room to talk. I was nervous as hell. But I was really curious already.

 

"Yoong, I don't know how you're gonna take this, but I'm ready for whatever's gonna happen. For more than 3 years, never did I regret loving you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I wanted to stop myself from falling deeper into you before because..... because I was scared to hurt you in the future."

 

"Hurt me in what way?"

 

"I... I have cancer."