The Truth

How I Met Yul

After that day, things have gotten better. I got out of the hospital in 3 days and I was ready to get back on stage. My name was everywhere. I was the top headline for today's newspaper and the most talked about person on SNS right now. Not bragging, but these past few days have been so crazy. Some fans knew what happened back at Amber's house. I've read some fan accounts over the internet, and some people must've really followed us. 

 

"Yah, unnie, people are talking about you nowadays. What do you plan to do? There's gonna be a press conference tomorrow. What are you gonna tell them?"

 

"I don't know, Seohyun. I've been thinking a lot and I don't know if I should tell the truth or not."

 

"And what? Tell everyone you cried over Yul?"

 

Tiffany was right. How could I tell the press that I cried because Yul told me she has cancer. Or that we fought and I cried so hard my asthma was triggered. I needed to find a way to get out from this situation without being caught in the middle. 

 

"I really don't know. I need a plan or something."

 

"What happened anyway? We know you cried, but we have no idea why. What did you two fight about?"

 

I kept silent. The other members don't know Yul's situation yet. We're planning to tell them tonight at the open forum. I glanced at Yuri, and she looked back at me. I was scared for her. I just hope everything goes well tonight.

 

"Uhh we'll explain later unnie. At the open forum tonight.. if that's okay."

 

"Alright alright. I don't wanna pressure you two anyway. Just glad that things are okay. Except for the fact that you're on the news Yoong."


"I know unnie. I'm still thinking of what to do. Oh btw, how are things going on with you and Khun?"

 

"What? What do you mean? There's nothing going on with the both of us. Why would ask such question?"

 

"Yah Tiffany, she was just asking. Why get so defensive? You like Khun don't you?"


It was cute that my childhood friend and my unnie is in that stage of getting to know each other. Hopefully they bloom out as a beautiful couple someday. They're kinda… my OTP. 


"You like Khun! hahaha!"


"Yuri yah! Come back here!"


I'm glad everything seems back to normal. Times like this, I try to avoid the problems that Yuri and I are both facing. But I also know that I have to face the reality… that there's something wrong. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally finished eating dinner. I'm quite nervous about what's gonna happen. I'm 100% the members are going to cry and go crazy if they find out about Yuri's condition. 

 

 

"Okay, so let's start our open forum. I know these past few days have been really tough, especially Yoona. Let's give the time for her first because we all need to know too what's happening. Yoona, go ahead."

 

"Thank you Taeyeon unnie. Um, first of all, I want to apologise to the unnies for my actions. I know that it doesn't only affect me, but the group as well. I should've thought about my actions first before doing them. If you're all thinking that Yuri and I fought, well it's something like that but this really concerns Yul... a lot. The reason why I cried is... well.... Yul..."

 

I couldn't say it. Yuri, I need you. I'm about to cry right now. 

 

"I have cancer."

 

Everyone's face was as still as a statue. I couldn't help but cry. I was scared for Yul. 

 

"What? But you're fine. You're healthy. You're young. You can't have cancer."
 

"I had it two years ago. I did my medications secretly. If I told the truth, SM wouldn't get me as a trainee. Doctor told me that the cancer cells were decreasing. But since we became busy, cancer cells started to grow back. I'm sorry I wasn't able to tell all of you about this before. I was scared. I'm really sorry."

 

Yuri bowed down to all of us and apologising. The unnies were crying and Sooyoung unnie hugged Yul. The others couldn't stop crying while hugging Yul. Taeyeon unnie decided to stay by my side because she knew that it affected me the most. 

 

 

 

 

It was a night we all couldn't forget. Most of us couldn't sleep properly, so we just decided to stay up since there's no schedule tomorrow. Just a press conference. I didn't let go of Yul the whole night. I held her hand while she lied down because she was really tired. Her head was on my lap and I her hair until she fell asleep. I stared at her angelic face. How could a young, beautifully handsome girl have cancer? She was the kindest and sweetest person I know (regardless of her being my girlfriend of course). I felt like the world is so unfair. I somehow wished that I had cancer. I want Yul to be strong. I want her to be strong for her family, for the unnies, and for me. I could not imagine my life without her. 

 

 

"Yoong. Stop staring at me."

 

"How'd you know I was looking at you? You're eyes are closed."

 

"I just know."

 

"Go back to sleep."

 

"I can't. You're still awake."

 

"I'm fine. Not sleepy."

 

"No. I want to see you in my dreams."

 

I chuckled. How can she still be so sweet?

 

"Stop doing that."

 

"Doing what?"

 

"Making me feel special."

 

"Isn't that a good thing? Why make me stop?"

 

"Because you're making me fall deeper into you."

 

"Then that's a good sign then."

 

Her words are just... remarkable. She comes up with the sweetest words to say. I'm so glad I found you, Yul.

 

"Yah, can you two keep it down with you lovey-dovey thing going on? You guys are making me jealous."

 

"Why don't you go date Khun so you won't be jealous anymore?"

 

"Shut up Yuri!"

 

"Hahahahaha! Love you Fany yah"

 

These two are really something. Khun better be quick if he wants Tiffany unnie. I'm quite interested in what will happen to these two lovebirds.