Hiatus For Now

How I Met Yul

Few days after, we had a meeting with the management. We knew what was gonna happen but we all seemed not to be prepared for it. 

 

"Good morning girls. You probably know what's going to happen today. As you all know, one of your members will leave the group and..."

 

"Why can't you just let her stay?"

 

I was shocked to hear maknae speak up all of a sudden. She wasn't the type of person to speak up unless she's told to do so. I can feel that Seohyun would never let Jessica unnie go just like that.

 

"I'm sorry? Seohyun? We can't let her stay. She's going to open up her business and will have a hard time.. or even GIVE time to promote with Girls Generation. This is a business and we can't have artists who are too busy with other things. We need your full attention. You wanted this. You all wanted to be stars and that's what we're giving you right now."

 

"I'm sorry if I'm speaking up. I know I'm the maknae and I should just keep quiet but I can't let this happen to our family. We want to support Jessica unnie and at the same time be together as Girls Generation. This will cause a lot of mess especially with the fans. We don't want the fans to be upset with us... or the company. Please oppa."

 

I want to help our Seohyunnie so much. She's right. But the company has so many experiences with members leaving and.. and basically.. they don't care much about it. 

 

"I agree with Seohyun. Jessica is family."

 

Okay there, I said it.

 

"It's going to be hard but we have to let her go. She needs to focus on only one thing. If she can't focus on the promotions, we let her go. That's final."

 

All of us bursted into tears. I felt like leaving the group and just start a normal life with Yul or something. If we all can't be together, might as well leave too. But then again, this is the path we chose.

 

"I'm giving everyone time off. Time to just relax and spend time with each other. Be with your families. I'm putting the group on hiatus for now. EXO is preparing for their comeback. We'll focus on them first. I want all of you to be okay before we work on your comeback."

 

Great. At least there's time to think about things. Oh, and I forgot about Yul..

 

"Oppa."

 

"Yes, Yoona?"

 

"Yuri is sick. Can.. can we get her treated?"

 

"Sick?"

 

"She.. she has cancer."

 

"What?! How can you just tell us this now? This is a matter of life and death here! How long have you all known about this?"

 

"Oppa, I'm sorry. I wanted to keep this for a while. It's hard for me to even recover from the news. Don't blame it on Yoona. I had told them just recently."

 

"This is a serious matter, Kwon Yuri. We'll take you to the hospital after this meeting."

 

I wanted her to get better. This is the only way to get her treated. The company can handle this.

 


 

Everyone headed to the dorm. As for Yuri and I, we went to the hospital to get her checked up once again and so we know what procedures to take next.

 

"Yuri..."

 

"Hey, what's wrong?"

 

"I'm afraid."

 

"Afraid of what? Me dying?"

 

She chuckled.

 

"Stop that. It's not funny."

 

"Yoona, my baby, there's nothing to be afraid of. I'll be fine. I'll fight hard. I'm not afraid to die. I'm afraid to not be with you. I want to protect you. I want to live the rest of my life with you."

 

Those words made me feel like I was the luckiest person alive at the moment. I was scared in so many ways. I was scared because I know she'll feel a lot of pain going through the procedures. Cancer is no joke. 

 

"I love you, Yul."

 

"I do too, Yoona. I love you."

 

 

I saw the sincerity in her eyes. She loves me.. and I love her so much that I can't let anything happen to her. Our beautiful moment was then interrupted by a voice coming out from one of the windows.  

 

"Ms. Kwon Yuri?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Please proceed to Room 204."

 

"Let's go, Yoona."

 

We headed inside the room. My heart beating fast as usual. But not the good kind.

 

"Hello Girls Generation."

 

This doctor sure knows how to break the ice.

 

"Just kidding. Have you told your company yet?"

 

"Yes Doctor Kim. This is my manager oppa. He's also here to hear what procedures we'll take. We're on hiatus for now so I plan to take my treatment as soon as possible."

 

I couldn't even say a word. I was too stiff and nervous to even say anything. 

 

"Okay, so Yuri, you're in the 1st stage of cancer. Leukemia starts from the blood cells. In your case, white blood cells. Since it's the first stage, you won't be feeling much. But you will soon if you don't get treated immediately. Right now, your cancer is in one area. We have to stop this from spreading by going through chemotherapy. Don't worry because your cancer cells are chronic, which means it's slow and won't spread fast. You'll need to get your immunity up because this is going to be a long battle. But I believe you'll be as strong as everyone who survived the procedure."

 

I don't know whether to be happy about that or not. I was definitely afraid. But I have to be strong for Yuri. I know she's more afraid than I am. 

 

"Will she be cured?"

 

"Right now, we can say it's a 50/50. It depends on how she'll fight it."

 

Yuri held my hand that moment. Her hands suddenly wrapped in mine as we listen closely to Doctor Kim's explanation. I can feel her hand slowly grasping my hand tighter by the minute.

 

We spent almost an hour at Doctor Kim's room. He explained everything and what we needed to do before she starts the therapy. I had so many things in mind. What's gonna happen to Yuri? or Jessica unnie?  and most importantly, what's gonna happen to Girls Generation? This time, I felt so normal. I didn't feel like I was a celebrity or anything. I had normal problems like everyone else in this hospital. We were all the same. No special treatment whatsoever. I was just... me.