Slightly into you

How I Met Yul

Why is she asking me if I have a boyfriend? Is she... a-also into me?!

 

"Um, nope. Never had one actually hehehe"

 

"Really? I'm surprised. I-I mean, you're pretty enough to have one."

 

She complimented me :"> Okay enough Yoona. Listen to what she's saying.

 

"Oh, thanks."

 

Oh thanks?? OH THANKS?? That's all you can say? Okay, Yoona you are one awkward girl. Just talk to her casually.

 

"Do you like chocolates?"

 

She hands me a bar of cadbury. Is this coincidence again that she's giving me a bar of my favorite chocolate?

 

"Woah."

 

"Why? You don't like chocolates?"

 

"I don't know if this coincidence again but those are my fave."

 

"Haha! Really? I think we're meant to be friends after all."

 

"But it's funny because this brand of chocolate is memorable for me."

 

"Why? Your first crush gave you one? hehe"

 

"Hmm, more like my first love. It was actually my dad. He would usually give me chocolates whenever I'm sad. It was also the last thing he gave me before he left us."

 

"Left you? He had another family?"

 

"No. He passed away when I was 7."

 

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. Well, I don't mind giving you chocolates."

 

She gave me a smile after that. 

 

"Yeah, you're right. Wow. I'm just amazed right now. Should we talk about our interests? We might have a lot in common and we just don't know it hehehe."

 

Good. A real conversation, Yoona. You're doing well. Just take it slow. Maybe you're meant to be just best friends after all.

 

"Cool. I'd love that. So I can get to know you more as well."

 

"Okay, let's start with the small details. What's your favorite color?"

 

"Well, first of all.. can we drop the formalities? haha. I mean, if that's okay with you. By the way, my favorite color is blue."

 

"Oh. How old are you?"

 

"I'm 18. How about you?"

 

"Oh. Unnie.. I'm 17."

 

"It's just a year apart. Let's talk casually if it's okay with you."

 

"Yeah, it's fine. Am I doing it right?"

 

"Haha. You're so adorable."

 

Adorable. She called me adorable. I can't hold this in anymore. I think I like you Kwon Yuri. I better stop myself before I fall deeper into you.

 

"Wait, you didn't tell me what your favorite color was."

 

"Oh, right. I like pink. Very girly. But I like all colors."

 

"Hm I think we're still a bit awkward with each other. hehe. So, what do you think about the other trainees?"

 

"Sorry, I'm really awkward when it comes to talking with new people. Actually, the person who caught my attention in there was Amber."

 

"Why? Because she's handsome?"

 

"Yeah, surprisingly. I was so surprised to see a handsome person like her. And she's a girl."

 

"Do you find her weird? I mean, most people would think she's… you know.."

 

"….. biual?"

 

"Kinda. Do you think she is?"

 

"Well, I don't wanna judge. But if you ask me, I feel like she's into this other girl, Krystal."

 

"Oh. Sica's sister."

 

"Sica? You know her?"

 

"Yeah, she's an old friend of mine. She's really nice."

 

"She somehow scares me. Her stare is… it's like an icy glare."

 

"Yeah, it comes naturally. But don't be blinded by her stare. She's the nicest girl I know here. Well, then there's you now."

 

Why do you keep saying nice things to me, Kwon Yuri?! I mean, I don't want you to be mean, but you're making me feel that you like me too. Okay, need to keep calm again. 

 

"Let's fix our stuff, Yoong"

 

Yoong? She called me Yoong? 

 

"Oh. I'm sorry. I just got carried away. I usually give nicknames to my friends."

 

"It's okay. I like Yoong. It's my first time to have someone call me a name that they made up haha."

 

"Cool. Well, you can call me anything. You can make up a name for me that's comfortable with you."

 

"Hm, I think I'll still to Yul for now. It's cute."

 

What? It's cute? Wow. We're making a lot of progress Yoona. I don't know whether to like it or not, but all I know right now is… I'm just happy to be with you Yul. 

 

"Yoong?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Let's go to sleep now. I didn't realize that it's almost 12am. I guess we had so much to talk about."

 

"You're absolutely right. By the way…. thank you"

 

"For what?"

 

"For being my friend. I mean, I had a great time today getting to know you. Let's help each other."

 

"No problem. I'm always here to help. Thank you too for being so nice to me."

 

She smiled at me. That irresistible smile that melts my heart. I think it's gonna be a long month Yoona. Be careful. Take care of your heart. 

 

Lights were turned off. But my mind was wide awake. I couldn't sleep maybe because I was thinking of my mom… and I was thinking of Yuri. Yes, she's just right under where I am sleeping right now.

 

Should I look down?

…..

...

..

 

 

Wow. She's beautifully handsome. The moonlight shines down on her face and I couldn't help but be awed. She must be tired. In less than 5 minutes, she's fast asleep. Okay, time for me to sleep too.

 

Goodnight Yoong.