thirty seven

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kring! The sound of bell announced their arrival. Bomi moved towards her customers. "Good afternoon, unni." She greeted Joohee with her friendly smile. Then she turned to Lay. "May I take your order, sir?"

"Give me espresso please. What about you?" He asked Joohee, like a gentleman would. No response. “Joohee?”

“His cappuccino was one of the best I’ve ever tasted.” Kyungsoo replied, sipping his own cappuccino. “I’ll take you there some time later.”

“Joohee?”

“Huh?” Joohee blinked. She looked at Lay and Bomi repeatedly. “Sorry. What did you say?” She faked a smile, controlling her expression. Bomi jotted down Lay’s order in her notebook. “How about you, unni? The usual?”

Joohee looked down at the menu in front of her. Her eyes landed on one of the images. Shoot. Everything reminds me of him.

“Unni?”

“Cappuccino.” She blurted without thinking. Wait. Too late. Bomi already left with the orders. She turned back to Lay with a polite smile. “So, you like that kind of movies huh? I’m glad you didn’t pick a horror movie.” She joked, trying to lose her awkwardness.

“Not really. I didn’t know what genre you prefer, so I just went with my guts.” He said, ending his answer with a small laugh. He’s funny. Joohee chuckled. “I guess. But you fell asleep in the middle, did you?” She teased, enjoying the sight of his reddened ears.

 

 

Seri watched the pair from the counter. Suho had told her about the date beforehand, and she suggested them to come to her shop. She wanted to see them in person. How they would really look like together.

Lay was quite a charm. He treated her well. Whether he knows about Kyungsoo, she was rather unsure about that. However, it was clear that he was interested in her.

Joohee was a different story. Lay was sweeping her off her feet, but she had trouble hiding her emotions. She kept sinking into her own thoughts. Lay and even Suho, her own brother failed to notice that.

Lay got up from his seat. Looks like their date has ended. Joohee walked him to the door. Now was her chance.

 

 

"Joohee," I felt a hand on my shoulder. "What are you doing?" I tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter