sixteen

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I watched Sungyeol's face changed when a girl appeared in front of us. Does he know her? "So, you're really ending it with me?" The girl named Eunmi said. I could already see tears running down her cheeks. Sungyeol started to panic. Eunmi sniffled. "Fine! We're through. Have a nice life!"

"Wait! You got it all wrong! Eunmi!" But Sungyeol was too late. Eunmi has already left. Sungyeol smacked his forehead. He scolded himself for his own actions. I waited a few seconds before I open my mouth.

"Was that your girlfriend?"

"Ex-girlfriend now..." Sungyeol sighed deeply. I could tell he was really crushed.

"The truth is, I was already seeing Eunmi. We had a fight and stopped talking to each other. My friends thought we broke up. They suggested me to ask you out so I can move on. I didn't mean to lie to you, but I can't forget her. I'm sorry, Joohee-ssi." Sungyeol’s confession of truth really startled me. But then, it hit me. Sungyeol was not at fault and neither do Eunmi. They were caught in a wrong situation that’s all. I took a deep breath.

"I think you should go after her."

"But-"

"Don't mind me. We can still be friends."

"Really?" I nodded. Sungyeol jumped on his feet.

I helped him clearing all things up so we can go home. He offered to send me home before he can go to Eunmi. As expected from a gentleman.

Just when I stepped into his car, my phone rang. I took it out from my bag and answered it. "Hello? Yes, I'm coming home."

"Can you buy some groceries? Ahjumma said we're running out a few things." Suho said on the other line. "Okay. Give me the list."

"I'll text it to you. Bye."

"Bye." I replied shortly before disconnecting. "Sungyeol-ssi, can you drop me off at the supermarket?" Sungyeol nodded and turned his car around. We left Han River and went straight to the city.

After fifteen minutes of driving, Sungyeol's car arrived at a supermarket. I unbuckled my seat belt and turned to him.

"I had a good time. Thank you for taking me out. I hope you will reconcile with Eunmi." I reassured him w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter