twenty six

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo unlocked the door into his apartment. "Come on in." He said. Joohee walked in first, followed by Kyungsoo.

The interior was decorated with simplicity. The furniture was mainly black and white coloured with a great view of Seoul city. A style fitting for a young man like Kyungsoo.  Everything was minimal yet chic and elegant. “Your house is nice. Do you live alone?"

"Yeah. But I work at home, so I had company most of the time." He replied. Kyungsoo moved to the kitchen. He took out all the ingredients and a cookbook. He opened a page that he marked last night. Chopped onions, tomatoes…  

“Do you need help?”

“It’s okay. I think I can manage.” Kyungsoo replied, washing the vegetables first. Joohee watched Kyungsoo quietly. He was preparing the dinner diligently. For some reason, he still looks manly in his apron. Joohee, enough. She quickly tied up her hair in a ponytail.

“Let me help you.”

 

 

The taxi stopped right in front of the building. "Thank you, ahjusshi." Jae In paid the driver and stepped out. The building was one block away; therefore Jae In needs to walk for five more minutes.

Jongdae halted. He saw a familiar figure in the distance. Jae In? "What is she doing here at this time?"

Then he remembered. Kyungsoo was having dinner with Joohee in his apartment. If she's going up, then... Uh oh.

Jongdae started running.

 

 

Kyungsoo put two cups of cappuccino on the table. “Try it.” He said. Joohee picked a cup and carefully took a sip. “This is good. Did you make this?”

“No. Minseok hyung did. He owns a coffee shop. Do you remember him?” Joohee put down the cup back on the table. “Minseok? Kim Minseok sunbaenim?” Kyungsoo nodded. He was two years older than them, known for his outstanding soccer skills during their school days. “He didn’t become a soccer player? He’s very good at it.”

“He found his true calling. He’s a licensed barista now. His cappuccino was one of the best I’ve ever tasted.” Kyungsoo replied, sipping his own cappuccino. Other than the ones Jae In usually made, Minseok’s cappuccino was also his favourite. He was glad he could share it with her. “I’ll take you there some time later.”

 

 

Later? Does this mean we’re going to see each other again? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter