thirty four

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohee cleared . Her presence was totally unexpected. "Um... Hi, Joohee." Jae In let out an awkward smile.

Joohee fixed her stethoscope. She remembered what Jae In told her two weeks ago. "Hi, Jae In." She replied, being friendlier by dropping the honorific.

"Joohee-ssi, can you take a look at her leg? She fell down the stairs." Jongdae informed. "Perhaps you should do a full X-ray scan. Who knows if she got injured somewhere else..." He paused when he noticed Joohee and the nurse were staring at him. Jae In shot him a glare.

Jongdae smiled sheepishly. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry. I'll go wait outside." He got up and left. Joohee turned back to her patient. The nurse, Sunhwa came with bandages and an x-ray of Jae In's ankle taken earlier. Joohee took the x-ray and examined it under the lights.

"Luckily you only got a minor fracture. No broken bones. It'll heal in two weeks." She moved her chair towards Jae In. Her movement were delicate as she wrapped the bandage around Jae In's ankle.

Jae In took the chance to observe Joohee. The young doctor was indeed beautiful. Her milky white skin was complimented with her pinkish lips and rosy cheeks. No wonder Kyungsoo fell for her. She was a natural beauty. Despite her being focus to her work, Jae In noticed some dark circles under her eyes. The corner of her lips had turned down for so long it made her look no different than Kyungsoo. She knew, Joohee was suffering as well.

"Done." Joohee announced. She wrote something in her prescription book. "Sunhwa, you can call him in."

"Wait!" Jae In stopped Sunhwa. "Can I talk to you in private?" She asked Joohee.

"Sunhwa, leave us. I'll call him in. Thank you."

The two girls were now alone. Joohee averted her gaze, feeling uncomfortable through the silence.

"What I told you the other day was not entirely true." Jae In spoke. "I did not know you and Kyungsoo were friends. I got mad at him for choosing you over me. I snapped before I find out the whole story." She confessed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter