nine

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun checked his watch. Suho was giving a speech on the stage. He observed Joohee's surroundings. The candidate was still far across the room. He hasn't notice her presence just yet. "Hyung, do you copy me? What's the situation?"

Jongdae touched his earpiece slightly. "I see him. He's on this side." He reported. "Jae In, do you get this?"

Jae In who waited in the car nodded. "Crystal clear. The distance is approximately-" She was interrupted by a knock on her window. She lowered the car window.

"Miss, you're not allowed here. This is a private event. May I see your identification?" Two security guards approached the car. Jae In searched for the invitation to show them, but they were given to the boys. Damn. I can't just leave them here. Jae In scolded herself. "I forgot where I put it." She created an excuse and tried to act cool.

"What's that?" One of the guards noticed Jongdae's laptop was left open. "I'm playing a computer game." Jae In chuckled nervously. The guards opened the door and wanted to grab the laptop. "What are you doing?!"

Jongdae appeared in the parking lot. It appears that he ran when he heard Jae In was in trouble. "She's my friend. Leave her alone." He showed his invitation card. The two guards bowed to him and walked away. "Oppa, thank you-"

"Did they touch my laptop?" Jongdae checked his laptop if there was any scratch. Jae In scowled. His laptop was more important?! Figures. She crossed her arms. "No. They didn't have the chance to do so." She sticks out her tongue behind his back.

"Get in." Jongdae ordered. "What are you doing? Aren't you going back inside?" Jae In asked. "I'm going to stay here-"

"-so nobody can touch my laptop." Jae In gritted her teeth. She sat next to the driver's seat. "Fine. Stay here then."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter