thirty

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took a deep breath as I waited. The living room was spacious compared to mine. The Kim family portrait, consists of Suho and Joohee were hung at the center of the wall.

With Director Kim's permission, I came back to their residence. To find Joohee. To explain everything.

Hearing footsteps, I straightened my back. Scratch that. I stand up and waited nervously for Joohee's appearance.

Joohee showed up at the end of the stairs. Judging by her look, she must've been told of my arrival. I pressed my lips together as I inhaled. "Hello, Joohee." I forced myself to smile, but suddenly I regretted it. Why are you smiling?

I shifted my gaze back to Joohee. She wasn't looking at me, rather staring at the floor. She was still upset. I understand that. Suddenly I lose all the sentences that I mentally wrote earlier.

"What do you want?" Her tone sounded harsh compared to her gentle voice. But it was inevitable. The expression on her face was predictable though; the look of betrayed.

"Do you want to know why I'm not seeing anybody? It's because of you! I couldn't forget you!"

I remembered what she said two nights ago. She also has feelings for me. Or had. But it gave me a light of hope.

"I owe you an explanation. And an apology. What Jae In told you the other day was only part of the truth." 

Joohee did not reply. In fact she did not react at all. "I get it. There's no need to explain. I forgive you. Now go."

My eyebrows met. I saw her eyes. Now she looked more hurt than upset. Guilt was hovering over me, but I will ignore it. I must not give up. I will not give up.

Joohee put her hands into her pocket, reaching for something. She pulled out a silver pouch and put it in my palm.

"You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter