thirty one

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, Dr. Kim." A few nurses greeted her as they walked passed her in the lobby. Joohee smiled out of courtesy. She has been absent for a couple of days. 

Click! She checked herself in for work and walked to the elevator. Life must go on. She reminded herself. Let's work hard today.

"Joohee!" Jimin ran to her for a deep hug. Chanyeol followed casually behind her. Jimin cupped her best friends with two hands. "I missed you! Are you feeling better now?"

Joohee nodded. "I'm fine. Thanks for asking." She faked a smile. After the incident, she ran to her room and cried all night. The next day, she could not bring herself to face anyone. Thus, Suho called in sick for her and told everyone she was down with fever.

"But you still doesn't look so well..." Jimin replied, looking unsure. Joohee bit her lip. Jimin always managed to see through her She has yet to tell Jimin and Chanyeol about her and Kyungsoo.

"You're worrying too much. Come on, let's go to the cafeteria. I'm hungry." Chanyeol put his arms on both of the girls. The three of them changed their course to the cafeteria.

A pair of eyes watched them from afar. Joohee...

 

"Oh, man." Chanyeol glanced at his watch. "My shift is starting in ten minutes. Dr. Heo is going to kill me!"

"Already?! Aish, I haven't finished my review yet!" Jimin also got up from her seat, clearing her plate as fast as she can. Joohee chuckled in amusement. Dr. Heo was known for being strict to his juniors. She already had her share of his antics last month. "Alright. I'll clear these for you." She said.

"Really?"

Joohee nodded. "Just go."

"Thanks. We'll treat you pizza next time. I promise!" Jimin replied and left with Chanyeol.

"Need help?" Joohee looked up. Lay was standing in front of her, smiling. She could see his dimples clearly. Then she realized he had caught her staring at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter