thirty two

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I read the text message from Seri unni for the umpteenth time.

Your brother is picking you up. Talk to him nicely. He’s worried about you.

I sighed. I have been ignoring him these few days. I drowned myself with work and purposely volunteered on extended hours so I won’t have to talk to him. To be exact, I was avoiding him. That was not something a sister should do to her brother.

Suho’s car pulled up in front of me. I took a deep breath. I’ll be a good sister. I plastered a smile as I slipped into the passenger’s seat. “You’re here. Good. I don’t have to take the bus then.”

“I got off early today and checked your schedule.” Suho replied. Seeing her smile was comforting for him. It was something he yearned for since she gave him the silence treatment a few days ago. “Pick a restaurant. It’s been a while since we went out for dinner together.”

“That’s because you’re always with Seri unni.” Joohee pretended to sulk, pouting her lips. “Seri or not, you will always the first lady in my life. After mom.” He replied, ruffling her hair with his right hand. “Oppa!” She rebelled. Then, both of them broke into laughter. They had to admit, they both missed each other’s company.

“I want grilled meat. Or maybe Chinese food? I can’t decide. How about steak? Since you’re treating, I should ask for something more expensive.” Joohee rubbed her hands with a mischievous grin. Suho chuckled.  

“Anything for my little sister.”  He continued driving through the highway.

Thank you, Seri.

 

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes for the fifth time. He hasn’t got good sleeps lately, partly because of thinking of Joohee. Also, it was because of the new assignment they received.

Baekhyun decided to put Joohee’s case on hold. Suho came to their office and both parties made official apologies to each other. Joohee decided she will play along and agreed with any setups made by the Cupid team. Her decision brought disappointment to Kyungsoo and it crushed him literally.

Baekhyun peeked at Kyungsoo from across the room. Dark circles are forming under his eyes and apart from that he looked like he has lost his soul. From Jongdae, he learned that neither Joohee or Kyungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter