8

Cross The Line

Yuri's POV

 

My head was a mess, and my feelings were not different. After we finished having lunch I went back to my room, Yoona was already there, but busy enough to pay attention to what was going on with me.

 

Tiffany was the only one in my mind. When she confessed her feelings to me, I felt an overwhelming sensation. I'm not even sure if it was a good or bad thing. I just knew it was overwhelming. At that moment, I didn't want her to go, I didn't want us to come back to the dorm. I wanted to hold her, hug her, leave kisses on her cheeks. Just like she loved me to.

 

A silly smile had formed on my face at the thought of her when my cellphone vibrated.

 

From: Yejin 

Wanna come over tonight? I'll be waiting for you at 9.

 

A long sighed escaped from my mouth. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea so I didn't reply at that moment.

 

"Do you wanna eat something, Yul?" Yoona asked, as she left her cellphone on the bed, "I'm cooking something quick, so do you want a little?"

 

"Yeah, sure." I said, as I walked beside her towards the kitchen. 

 

Once there, I took a sit on the table, waiting for her, "Where you texting with Seunggi earlier?"

 

A shy smile appeared on her face, "Yes," she said, "don't you dare to tease me about it."

 

I chuckled and kept silence. How would it feel to be actually in a relationship with someone? Wouldn't it be boring? I mean, how could you go out and party when you're commited to someone?

 

"Here it is," she said, while serving ramyun, "eat it and I hope you don't die."

 

When we finished I realized it was later than I thought so I took a shower and started to get ready to go to Yejin's place. I sent her a text confirming I was going. 

 

"Looking good," Yoona teased me, when she saw me getting ready, "who is the lucky girl?"

 

"It could be you," I said, while sticking my tongue out, playfully, "but you chose Seunggi over me, so..." I rested a hand on my chest as it really hurt.

 

"I don't regret it," she said, while grinning widely.

 

After a soft pat on her head, I left the room. At the kitchen, I drank a glass of water since I was feeling really thirsty. I checked myself on the mirror one last time and saw my reflection. Why didn't I feel anything? All that was going to happen seemed so meaningless to me. It would be like any other night, the same rutine. And somehow, I didn't want it to change, because Yejin didn't inspire me to do so. I didn't have the intention to take her out, or cook for her, I had no intention on staying with until morning or stuff. Once again, I was feeling confused.

 

"You're going out?" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

"Uh, I..." my voice shivered, "yeah, I'm going out, but only for a while, I'll be here really quick and early."

 

I wasn't sure why, but I was actually giving her explanations.

 

"It's okay," she said, as she got closer to fix my clothes and my hair, "You look so pretty, Yuri. That girl is really lucky."

 

My gaze dropped to the floor. I felt guilty after all the things she had told me before.

 

"She means nothing to me, Tiffany..." I said in a whisper. I didn't even know why I did it, I just wanted her to know that Yejin wasn't the reason I didn't accept her feelings.

 

"Shh," she hissed, while resting a finger on my lips, "I know. Don't have too much fun, alright?" her words came out in a whisper too. I nodded softly as she slowly leaned in to leave a soft kiss on my cheek. And how I wished I could hold her forever.

 

After stepping out of the dorm, I drove to Yejin's apartment. Once there, I waited for her at the living room.

 

"Come on in," she said, while signaling the way towards her room, "let's no waste time, right?"

 

I just smiled as an answer. We didn't really talked, we barely kissed, and I had no desire to hug her or hold her beside me. It was all so different to some hours before... so different.

 

*

 

"Good morning, unnie." she said, as she walked towards me and started stretching herself.

 

"Morning, Amber, are you ready to work out?"

 

"Kinda, just don't be harsh on me."

 

We started with some sit ups, some push ups and we kept going. But my mind was definitely somewhere else. That morning, Tiffany had waken up really early to prepare my breakfast. Since she knew I was training with Amber, she said I would had no time to eat something so she did it by herself. I felt touched by her actions and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

 

"Alright, unnie," Amber said, while standing up and looking at me suspiciously, "Who are you thinking about?"

 

"W-what?"

 

"I know that look, unnie. It's the same look Yoona unnie and Sooyoung unnie have when they talk about their boyfriends," at that moment, her eyes widened, "don't you tell me that..."

 

"No!" I shouted, as I pulled her aside, "I'm not dating anyone, come on!"

 

"Why do you have that face then? You know you can tell me. We're friends, right?"

 

I sighed deeply. "Well, yeah. I don't know what's going on with me."

 

"Is... is it about Ailee?" she asked cautiously.

 

"Has she told you something?"

 

"Uhm, she hasn't, but I've seen you together, so... are you dating?"

 

"No, we're not. And I don't think we will in a future. She's... she is not the girl for me."

 

"Then who is it?" she asked, while we were sitting on the floor, forgeting completely about the traning.

 

"A girl who would take care of me, who always try to put me first, a girl who I would love to hold until we fall asleep, whose smile would bright up my day..."

 

Amber's smile widened, as she hear what I was saying. Somehow, it felt right to talk about it, and even better was the fact that all those things described Tiffany perfectly.

 

"You're soooo in love," she said, while grinning, "I'm so happy for you, is she your girlfriend already?"

 

I redirected my gaze to the ground. "No, she isn't. Would you imagine me in a relationship?" I asked, as I hold my head with my hands, "I at it. I would just make her suffer and she doesn't deserve it. I don't know if I can change, I'm so afraid of hurting her, that's why I don't want her to be with me."

 

"What?" she said, as she smacked my arm, "Why do you say that? I mean, I know you have a bad past, but if that girl loves you, you're so lucky. She accepts you how you are, and loves you that way. You should be so honored, and not feeling afraid of hurting her. Come on, if you really love her and she's the one for you, you'll realize that you don't need anyone else. You'll surprise yourself, unnie, you just have to take the chance."

 

Sincerely, I was surprised by her words in the best way. She was completely right, I just had to be brave enough to tell her how I actually felt.

 

"Where did you have that hidden, uh?"  I asked, as I punched her arm with my fist.

 

"It's nothing. I just said what I thought."

 

"Thank you, Amber, seriously. I needed this kind of conversation."

 

We smiled at each other, until we remember why we were there in the first place.

 

"Now let's continue with our training," I said as I held her hand to make her stand up, "And, Amber..." she looked at me, "You should follow you own advise and go for that little Jung."

 

"Yah!" she hissed, as her face blushed totally, "Let's just continue training!"

 

I chuckled and patted her head.

 

"Thank you, Amber, for real," I gave her a soft hug before we came back to train.