23_

Cross The Line

Tiffany was tired.

 

That afternoon she had to deal with a obnoxious director who didn’t stop yelling at everyone who would make a little mistake.

 

She just wanted to come back home and throw herself onto her bed and sleep. Sleep as much as she could.

 

But somehow, something was missing.

 

Someone, she corrected on her mind.

 

If the only one person she wanted to see were actually there, they could have cuddled until manager oppa pick them both to the dorms. They could have chatted about those stuff they did on the day. They could have shared some sweet kisses before Tiffany falling asleep on her beloved Yuri’s arms.

 

She missed those moments. But she knew those moments wouldn’t come back.

 

A single tear rolled down her cheek as she missed her.

 

‘’Tiffany?’’ a masculine voice was heard from the door, ‘’are you okay?’’

 

Tiffany turned her back quickly as she wiped the tear off her face.

 

She tried to fake a smile to avoid any explanation that would be required if she was found crying.

 

‘’Yes?” she answered, trying to sound as calmed as possible, “I didn't know you were here too, why didn't you come to say hi?”

 

The guy kneeled in front of her, who was sitting in a chair on her waiting room, “aren’t you going to tell me why you are crying?”

 

Tiffany chuckled. What could she even say? ‘I miss Yuri so much, I love her but I can’t be with her’ wasn't allowed, was it?

 

“I just… I’m too tired because of work lately…”

 

The guy in front of her smiled sadly, but soon an idea popped on his mind, “let me treat you dinner”, he said, waiting for a positive answer from the beautiful lady.

 

Tiffany didn’t know what to say.

 

It was enough with the rumors about them both dating that actually going out together and maybe being spotted by some paparazzi’s camera would be too much.

 

“Nichkhun… I…”

 

“Please,” Nichkhun said, “let’s forget everything for tonight. No work, no media, no idols. Just two people who want to have fun and relax for a while”.

 

That handsome smile on Nichkhun’s face was enough for Tiffany to feel relaxed again. They have been friends over many years, she was used to feel comfortable around him until the dating rumors came out. After that, they became awkward.

 

“Let’s go,” Nichkhun commanded as he offered his hand to go together.

 

///

 

“We’re home!” Sunny said, as she left some paper bags on the counter of the kitchen, greeting her bandmates who were sitting on the couch.

“Did you bring something to eat?” Yuri asked, looking through the bags to find something.

 

Sunny chuckled, “chips!”

 

They gathered together on the couch to watch a movie.

 

“Where’s Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked after noticing that someone was missing.

 

“The staff on her set said that she left with Nichkhun when we went for her,” Sunny answered casually.

 

“Nichkhun?” Sooyoung asked, smirking, “the guy that seems to be crazy over Tiffany, Nichkhun?”

 

It gained some laughs, but they faded away when they noticed Yuri’s sudden change of expression.

 

“Yes,” Sunny said, “I don’t know what’s going on, but we better let them be”.

 

Yoona elbowed Yuri who was sitting next to her, “you have no rights to have that face, unnie,” she scolded in a barely audible voice while the older girl just nodded.

 

“Chips?” she offered to the girl sitting beside her.

 

“Sure,” Ailee said while taking some and leaning her head on Yuri’s shoulder.

 

///

 

Tiffany couldn’t stop smiling and clapping every time Nichkhun said any silly thing.

 

“I swear!” Nichkhun said between laughs, “he thought I was going to punch him or something!”

 

Both of them were enjoying a simple dinner in a not-so-fancy restaurant that Nichkhun used to go whenever he was sick of being stalked by paparazzi.

 

“This is nice,” Tiffany said when her laughter had finally subsided.

 

Her eyes found Nichkhun’s briefly, as she turned her head to other side in order to avoid them.

 

“It is,” Nichkhun answered, a smile lingering on her face.

 

An old lady came to their table with two bottles of soju.

 

“These are for my lovely Nichkhun,” she said while leaving the bottles and grabbing his hands, “I’m so glad you brought your girlfriend to visit our place“.

 

Nichkhun’s eyes opened widely, ready to deny what was just said. But as he couldn’t find the proper words to refuse what the lady had said, she had gone.

 

“I’m sorry for that,” he said blushing a little.

 

“No problem,” Tiffany said, now holding the glass with soju that Nichkhun had already served, “she’s not the first one being confused by our relationship”.

 

It stopped whatever Nichkhun was doing just to look at her attentively.

 

She just wanted to face palm herself, “I mean, we’ve got some rumors going on, people think you and I are kind of… dating. That’s why I say it…”

 

“And how do you feel about it?” Nichkhun asked with the softest voice he could ever use.

 

It was what Tiffany had been trying to avoid since the beginning.

 

“We are friends, right?” she asked, not wanting to sound harsh with one of her oldest friends.

 

“Sure,” he answered, “cheers,” he proposed with a smile.

 

In order to go over the awkward moment just happened, they started talking about their bandmates, and how they were doing, how promotions were so tiring.

 

It did anything but bring Yuri back to her mind.

 

She started to feel sad again and the upcoming bottles of soju weren’t helping.

 

“Those guys are my family,” Nichkhun said, “I love them”.

 

“I love my girls, too,” Tiffany said slurring, sipping her glass, alcohol already filling her veins, “they’re everything I have”.

 

It hurt how every single word would bring Yuri back to her.

 

Some bottles more and Tiffany was wasted.

 

“Let me take you home,” Nichkhun offered, while leaving the money to pay.

 

Tiffany didn't answer. She had rested her head on the table, trying to stop everything spinning around.

 

“Come on…” Nichkhun said, trying to hold her arm and help her to stand up.

 

Slowly, Tiffany lifted her head and let herself to be dragged by Nichkhun towards his car.

 

“Let’s go home,” he said, but before he could start the car, Tiffany stopped him.

 

She had already lost it.

 

“Why?” she asked him, her eyes filling with tears.

 

All that time, she couldn’t stop thinking about the one she loved the most. The only thing she wanted to do was to take Yuri back.

 

''Why what?” he asked, startled at Tiffany’s sudden cry.

 

Tears started to fall down her eyes, her shoulders were shaking because of her sobbing.

 

Nichkhun wrapped his arms around her, “it’s okay, I’m here”.

 

Tiffany lifted her head to look at him, her puffy eyes were still filled with tears, it was a heartbreaking view, but for her it was different.

 

In front of her, she saw the only one she wanted in her life, the reason of her happiness, the only one who owned her heart.

 

A smile started to appear on her face, “you’re here,” she said, hallucinating that she was talking to Yuri.

 

“Of course,” Nichkhun answered, confused, “I told you I wasn't going to leave you alone”.

 

“Never leave me, please…” she begged, her voice starting to crack again, “I love you”.

 

And with a sudden movement, she leaned in to kiss the wrong person.