13

Cross The Line

NO POV

 

Slamming the car door, Tiffany threw herself on the copilot seat and waited for Jessica to arrive.

 

"Are you mad or something?" Taeyeon asked softly from behind while looking at her through the mirror.

 

"No, it's just that... agh," She sighed.

 

Who did she want to fool? She was indeed mad, but she couldn't say it, she had no logical explanations.

 

"Where's Jessica? She was eager to buy drinks and now she's taking too long."

 

Tiffany looked through the window towards the entrance of their dorm, Jessica had one ear glued to the door while giggling.

 

"Sooyeon, come here right now!" She hissed in English, signaling the car.

 

"I swear," Jessica said, "if you keep screaming like that you'll cause some serious damage to your voice, Tiffany. Take it easy."

 

Starting the car, she drove.

 

After almost 40 minutes and they hadn't arrive anywhere. Jessica seemed to be enjoying the view instead of going to the mall.

 

"May I know what the hell are you doing?"

 

"Come on, when can we have fun and drive outside while enjoyig the night? Never."

 

"We're not supposed to 'enjoy the view', we should have arrived to the mall a century ago, why are you taking wrong roads?"

 

Jessica sighed. She knew she couldn't keep the secret for too long, besides, she knew her band mates would be amused by the fact that she's helping one of their friends.

 

"Alright," she answered, parking at one side of the road, "I'll tell you the truth."

 

"You don't know where the mall is?" Taeyeon asked, getting ready to switch seats with her, "You should've just told me."

 

"No, you idiot. I'm talking about why I'm taking too long."

 

Tiffany didn't have a good feeling about it, she 

 

"Ailee is an amazing friend of mine, she's sweet and caring, and I know she had this huge crush on Yuri..."

 

At that time, Tiffany was already frowning.

 

"So I asked her if her feelings were real, we know how Yuri is, and she told that she was falling for her, so I decided to help."

 

A big grin was planted on Jessica's face, while Taeyeon was dumbfounded and Tiffany... well, she was about to start a mess.

 

"HOW THE HELL?!" She yelled, while grabbing her head in desperation, "So while here that girl is seducing Yuri?!"

 

Jessica and Taeyeon exchanged glances. That wasn't the reaction they were waiting.

 

"I-I mean..." she stammered, "W-we shouldn't have left them alone... b-because they could get uncomfortable with each other..."

 

"I think it's a good idea," Taeyeon said, "They would look cute together, Yuri has this manly aura which could fit perfectly Ailee's personality."

 

Tiffany kept silence. Knowing that her members were in Ailee's side made her really sad, but after all, they didn't know about their relationship.

 

"D-do you really think they would look together?" she asked in a whisper, feeling a pressure on her chest.

 

"Of course, and I think it's really sweet of you to do this, Jessica."

 

Said girl smiled proudly while starting the car again. Tiffany just held her head down, she knew Yuri wouldn't do anything stupid like giving her hopes, but Jessica's next statement changed everything.

 

"Ailee's confessing tonight."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

*

 

Yuri had no words to say the moment Ailee threw the bomb to her.

 

"Y-Yejin..." she whispered.

 

"I know this isn't your thing, you love to be free, but I'm willing to let you free every time you want it. I just need to come to you every time I miss you..."

 

Yuri stood up and walked back and forth through the living room. It was too much for her to handle.

 

"Please," a soft sob was heard, "don't reject me, Yuri, I love you."

 

Whe she turned around, she found Ailee's tears falling down already. Her heart broke at the sight.

 

"Hey," she called out softly, taking a seat beside her and holding her close, "don't cry, please."

 

"I love you too much it hurts," she said while still sobbing, her arms wrapped around Yuri inmediately.

 

"I'm sorry," Yuri answered, caressing her hair, "I know you're an amazing girl, but I just... don't feel the same."

 

Ailee's sobs became harder.

 

"B-but it doesn't mean I don't love you!" Yuri replied trying to calm her down, getting her to stop sobbing, "I mean, I love you... as a sister."

 

Once again, Ailee broke down crying. Yuri wanted to facepalm herself.

 

"Alright, listen to me," she said, holding her even closer, Ailee's face buried on her neck, "we can still be friends, we can keep in touch and... well, maybe..."

 

"You'll give me a chance?" Ailee said, her voice filled with hope, "I'll have that chance, Yuri, I promise."

 

She cupped Yuri's face on her hands, as their gazes were connected.

 

"YAS!" a third voice was heard from the door as the two of them turned to that direction, "Did it work?!"

 

Yuri's eyes widened when she realized her position and the fact that the three girls had already come back.

 

"Well, something like that," Ailee answered, her cheeks turning pink.

 

"Wait, are you crying?" Jessica asked, walking towards her. "What have you done?!" she pointed a finger to Yuri.

 

"She hasn't done anything. It was my fault," Ailee explained while getting up and walking towards the door, "thank you for having me here tonight, Jessica, it's been fun, but I gotta go now. Bye girls," she said, waving weakily to them, "bye, Yuri."

 

When she was finally out, Jessica ran towards Yuri and knocked her on the couch, "What?" she complained.

 

"You gotta tell me what happened, right now!"

 

Yuri sighed heavily as she saw Tiffany glaring at her for the last time before hurriedly going to her room.

 

She had a lot to explain.