12

Cross The Line

Yuri's POV

 

"What the hell was that?!" Hyoyeon whispered as we went to the kitchen in order to take more fruit.

 

We were actually running away from the drama.

 

"No idea," I said while leaning to the counter, "I don't even know why Ailee's here, to begin with!"

 

"Did it hurt when they talk about Nichkhun?"

 

"Yeah, I can't help it."

 

When we were done with the fruit, we came to the living room where the others were, but we got a little surprise.

 

"Uh, Jessica..."

 

"You can sit beside Ailee, I'm talking with Tiffany now."

 

I looked to the side and Ailee had a smile on her face while patting the spot beside her. Tiffany, on the other hand, wasn't that happy.

 

"It's okay, Sica, you can go back to your seat, we can keep talking later. We're watching a movie anyway, right?"

 

Rolling her eyes, Jessica stood up and went to her former spot. Before taking place, I heard her say I'm sorry to Ailee. I didn't try to look at them because Tiffany was already huggin my arm.

 

"So what are we gonna watch?"

 

"Maybe..." Sunny said, before excusing herself since her phone was ringing.

 

After a minute, she came back, "I'm sorry, girls, Hyomin is calling. I gotta go. Have fun."

 

"Could you drop me off by SM building?," Hyoyeon asked, "I forgot my bag and all my stuff is there."

 

When they went out, the ones left looked at each other.

 

"So... now what?"

 

"Let's buy some drinks!" 

 

"I don't feel like drinking," Tiffany whispered in my ear, leaning her head on my shoulder.

 

Loud enough to Jessica's ears, "Come on! You're coming with me to go for drinks! Taeyeon, wanna come?"

 

"Sure," Taeyeon nodded.

 

"What if you go for some food?" Jessica asked again, looking at Yoona and Sooyoung.

 

"I hope you're not insinuating anything," Yoona answered, while grabbing her purse.

 

I laughed at them, until I remembered I was staying alone at home with Ailee.

 

"I'll go with you, girls," I said while making my way towards Sooyoung, but Jessica stopped me.

 

"We can't leave our guest alone, Yuri, be polite and stay with her," she showed me a smile.

 

I didn't know what was going through her mind or what she was planning to do. The only thing I knew was that Tiffany was mad.

 

"I could stay with her, you know?" she said in English, talking to Jessica.

 

"Shut up," the other American girl answered.

 

Tiffany looked at me with sad eyes. I knew what she was thinking, she was afraid to leave me alone with Ailee, but why? Didn't she trust me? I felt kinda hurt at the thought of it.

 

I went towards her and quickly left a kiss on her shoulder. No one noticed it, so she smiled shyly. I gave her a reassuring smile.

 

As she stepped out of the dorm, she gave me a last glance which I answered with another smile. It was going to be really awkward so I was hoping for them to come back quickly.

 

"So..." I said, when they were finally gone.

 

"So..."

 

I took a seat in the couch in front of her so I wouldn't have to be near. Her eyes were wondering everywhere but me.

 

"How have you been?" I dared to ask.

 

"I've been fine. Working, the new material will be ready anytime. I'll give you one," she smiled warmly at me.

 

I couldn't help but smile, too. It was a sincere one, "Thank you. It means a lot."

 

"So do you," she whispered, her cheeks getting red, "I've also... been missing you, Yuri."

 

I paralized at hearing those words. Her eyes finally found mine and I could see the sincerity on them. She stood up and walked towards me, sitting beside me.

 

"I know we haven't known each other for a long time, but what we had was precious for me..."

 

She hold my hands with hers, "I've been thinking about us all this time. Why don't you call me anymore?"

 

"I-I..." my voice was trembling, "I've been busy, Yejin. I'm sorry."

 

"I will attend you concerts in Japan, can I?"

 

"S-sure, if you want to go, you can go. It's up to you."

 

"Would you be happy if I go? I'd go just to see you perform," once again, she showed me a beautiful smile.

 

"I'd be completely happy, Yejin. Your presence always makes me happy."

 

She leaned in her head on my shoulder as my arm wrapped her by the side.

 

I wasn't doing anything wrong, she was my friend and I loved her as one. Maybe she would see me as something else, but I'm clear, I'm in love with Tiffany and I'm not in the business of cheating on her and never will be. Holding Ailee in my arms was only a way to confort her, we did have a past but that's it. It stays in the past.

 

"I wish I could stay like this forever," she whispered as her head made her way to my neck.

 

I remained silent. I knew whatever I'd say could hurt her and that was the last thing I wanted to do. She was special, after all.

 

"I've been thinking about this for a long time. Since that first time we met, I couldn't stop dreaming of you. You're perfect, Yuri, and anyone who could reach your heart would be extremely lucky..."

 

A small smile appeared on my face thinking about Tiffany.

 

"...because all of you is incredible. I think I'll never find someone like you, Yuri."

 

She held her head up, her eyes finding mine and our fingers already interwined.

 

"I was, actually, waiting for you to do this, but I can't wait anymore. I need you to be mine, Yuri," she whispered, her lips were trembling and I was getting really nervous.

 

My heart almost stopped at her next words:

 

"D-do you want to be my girlfriend?"