28_

Cross The Line

 

Before stepping out of the dorm, Yuri ran into Tiffany.

 

“Where are you going?” the American girl asked shyly, still walking.

 

Yuri got a little uncomfortable with her answer, “Ailee’s place”.

 

Tiffany just gave her an awkward smile before taking her keys out and open the door, “have fun”.

 

*

 

“Hey, babe…” Yuri greeted as she opened the door of Ailee’s apartment.

 

A while ago, she got her keys and she was able to go there whenever she wanted to.

 

“I’m taking a shower,” Ailee yelled in response, “there is food in the fridge, you can it if you want. I’ll be done in a second”.

 

Yuri didn’t answer and got the table ready for the both of them.

 

When Ailee got out of the shower, she was texting and giggling to her phone.

 

“Who are you talking to?” Yuri asked, hugging her and leaving a kiss on her cheek.

 

“Eric,” Ailee answered casually.

 

Eric Nam. Yuri didn’t wat to over think about it but that guy was Ailee’s ex. And according to what she had heard Eric wasn’t as good as they thought he was. He cheated on Ailee a couple of times, which made them broke up.

 

“I didn’t know you were still in touch with him”.

 

“Well, he’s always there when I go out with the guys. I always see him so I can’t totally draw myself out”.

 

“But you could keep your distance. Isn’t it weird for two exes to be in touch?”

 

“Maybe. But we’re cool about it”.

 

Yuri didn’t answer. She was starting to get mad.

 

“What?” Ailee asked, noticing Yuri’s change of mood and finally leaving her phone on the table, “are you jealous?”

 

“I’m just worried about you. I know he’s not the best guy out there. I don’t want you to get hurt”.

 

Ailee knew how much Yuri meant those words. And she couldn’t be more thankful for that.

 

“Don’t worry about me, baby,” she said, taking her hand and leaving a kiss on her girlfriend’s temple, “let’s eat now, alright?”

 

Yuri nodded as they fell into silence again.

 

*

 

“Things has gotten up a little crazy, huh?” Nichkhun said as he parked his car after losing the paparazzi who were following us.

 

“Yeah,” I sighed as I threw my head on the seat.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay with them thinking that we are actually dating?”

 

I tried not to look at him. I knew I wasn’t going to be strong enough to tell him the truth. “It’s fine. We are going out, same thing”.

 

He shook his head. Clearly he wasn’t satisfied with my answer.

 

“Is there someone else?” he asked in a whisper, his hand grasping mine as a reassurance that we were going to work things out somehow.

 

“No,” I lied, “I want to be focused on my career and you. I want to start my life moving forward with you.”

 

I don’t want to think about the past, I thought inside of my head.

 

He just gave me a sad smile. How I wished my heart would beat for him as hard as it beats for her. It wasn’t fair. Anything was.

 

“Let’s get you home.” He offered, his smile again on his handsome face.

 

I needed to get over her and accept what life was offering to me now.

 

*

 

Weeks had happened and Ailee and I were going fine. I couldn’t say it was perfect, but we were okay. Everything started when she regained contact with her ex-boyfriend. It’s not like I didn’t trust her. It was just like she was keeping secrets from me. We were seeing each other less and less. She started to get busy with her new variety show, where unfortunately, Eric had a place too.

 

“What’s with that face?” Ailee asked me as she entered to my car.

 

I just had arrived to the studio where she was filming to pick her up. No one actually knew that we were dating, so they believed that her manager was picking her up. So as I parked the car, I saw Eric coming out of the building with her, after an exchange of words, he left, but not before giving her a tight hug.

 

“Nothing. It seems like Eric and you are getting closer now,” I said, as I tried to not to show that I was a little uncomfortable with that.

 

“Oh, come on!” was her answer, before she leaned in and claimed my lips with a kiss.

 

A kiss that left me breathless.

 

“Let’s get to my place right now,” she said, whispering against my lips, “and let me show you how I only have eyes for you”.

 

She smirked at me before sitting straight again while I just smiled.

 

It started to feel like the old frivolous relationship we had before. And I didn’t know if that was what I wanted again.