29_

Cross The Line

Yuri's POV

 

I woke up to an empty bed.

 

I rubbed my eyes at the contact with the sunlights. Soon enough I caught a glimpse of Ailee on the edge of the bed busily texting on her phone.

 

I went to spend the night to her place since I had already moved back to the dorm. At times it felt like I should have stayed with her but the company didn’t really like the idea of me living alone while the other girls had to stay together. Besides, the comeback was so close and we needed to focus on it.

 

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” I asked, totally aware that it was already time to get up.

 

“I was just answering some e-mails,” she said, not turning back but making her way out of the bedroom.

 

I didn’t like where this was going.

 

I let myself fall into the bed again and sighed heavily.

 

Was she talking to Eric again?

 

------------

 

“Aren’t you afraid or something? I mean, I wouldn’t be talking to my ex daily unless I was planning to get back or something”

 

I was at the gym with Hyoyeon since I was going to help her with her training.

 

“I don’t know,” I replied, “she’s told I don’t have to worry about it, but I don’t know if I should trust her”.

 

“Hey, you can’t be with someone you don’t trust. So you better make up your mind, I don’t want you to get hurt”.

 

She looked at me with concerned eyes and I knew I had to do something.

 

I just didn’t know what.

 

---------

 

To: Ailee <3

Babe, I’m on my way to your place. Do you want me to buy something for dinner?

 

I sent the message and waited in my car for an answer before driving towards her department. I waited long enough but since she didn’t answer I fell asleep.

 

When I woke up, I had three missed calls from her and a text that said:

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t reply before, sweety, but I went to have dinner with the guys. We are now heading to a noraebang so it’s fine if we have dinner another day”.

I let out a sad chuckle. I wasn’t on the mood to eat anymore. She told me that we could meet another day but I drove to her place. We needed to sort it out and we were going to talk, it didn’t matter if she arrived at 6 in the morning, we were going to talk.

 

I opened the door with the spare key she gave me and waited for her until past midnight until I decided to go to bed. I took my phone and I scrolled through Instagram.

 

I saw a post from one of the PDs that worked with Ailee and there were about seven people with them, Eric included.

 

I frowned thinking about how I didn’t like him being near Ailee and how she didn’t mention he was going to be there. But I should have known, they’re workmates now.

 

I just didn’t like the fact that they were a couple before. They used to date for two year before I met Ailee. She had just gotten out from that relationship when we slept together for the first time. I felt terrible when I realized I could have taken advantage of her but after we talked about it I realized we actually connected at some point. She liked me and, after some time, I realized I liked her too. She is a nice girl, but sometimes it feels like she isn’t over what she had with him and that scared me.

 

The sound of the keys getting into the lock woke me up from my thoughts. I heard Ailee’s heels taking soft steps towards the room that had the lights on.

 

“Why aren’t you sleeping?”, she said looking at me with a surprised expression and checking her watch to see what time it was. It was past 2 in the morning.

 

“I was waiting for you. Can’t I wait for my girlfriend to be home?”

 

She smiled warmly at me, wrapping her arms on my neck and taking a sit on my lap.

 

I suddenly forgot about all my worries.

 

“Yes, you can. Thank you for waiting for me. I missed you the whole afternoon,” she whispered against my lips, before engulfing them in a soft kiss.

 

I smiled, pressing my forehead against hers. “Is there something happening between you and Eric?”, I asked out of nowhere.

 

She pulled away for a second to look at me. Our gazes connected and I could feel the fear inside of me waiting for an answer from her.

 

“Yuri…”, she whispered, caressing my face with her thumb, “Eric and I had a past, I know, but what we had ended when we first broke up. If you’re worried about him, you shouldn’t.”

 

"I'm sorry," I said before I pressed my lips against her neck and she caressed my hair softly. We laid next to each other on her bed and fell asleep hugging tightly.