30_

Cross The Line

There were flashes everywhere, fans waiting outside, paparazzi trying to get the best pictures for their articles.

 

 

It was a chaos.

 

One of the biggest award ceremonies of the country had just ended and all the participating groups were making their ways outside towards their cars.

 

“I’m not in the mood for flashes and crowds,” Ailee pouted, “besides, I told my company I was going to drive back to my apartment but I forgot my keys,” she chuckled.

 

A tall figure resting on the frame of the door chuckled as well, “you, silly”.

 

“What about leaving together?” she asked, “we can have dinner at my place, I can cook something for you”.

 

Yuri smiled again. “Are you going to cook something for me? Something burnt?” she teased, getting a playful slap from the shorter girl.

 

“Yah!” she complained. “I’m trying to do something nice for my girlfriend!”

 

“Alright, alright. Let me tell the girls I will be leaving with you so they don’t wait for me”

 

After receiving an approving nod from her, Yuri left towards the Girls’ Generation waiting room.

 

“Yuri!” Taeyeon said, her eyes leaving the screen of her cellphone, “we were wondering where you were, we’re about to leave”.

 

“Yeah, I was going to talk to you about that…” she trailed off, “I don’t think I will be able to leave with you, Ailee is inviting me over to her place to have dinner”.

 

She could hear some chuckles.

 

“Yeah, right… dinner,” Sooyoung teased making Yuri smile shyly.

 

“I don’t see why that’s a bad thing,” Taeyeon said, apparently uninterested. “As long as you are there tomorrow morning, it should be fine. Remember that we have to practice the whole morning, alright?”

 

Yuri nodded eagerly and made her way towards Ailee’s dressing room. When she got there, Ailee was on the phone and she seemed worried.

 

“What’s wrong?” she mouthed to her girlfriend who only shook her head reassuring her that everything was fine.

 

When she hung up, her expression was a little down but Yuri didn’t want to bring it to attention.

 

“Ready to go?”, she asked offering her arm for her girlfriend to intertwine.

 

The shorter girl nodded and they made their way to the exit door.

 

Their plan was going out for the emergency room so they would avoid paparazzi and fans and at the same time avoid rumours about why they were leaving together.

 

But when they were about to step out, a car pulled over right in front of them as a group of paparazzi followed it.

 

Ailee took a step aside and let Yuri’s hand go.

 

“I’m sorry, Yuri,” she said, her expression impossible to read, “I promise I can explain”.

 

Yuri stepped back as the driver rolled the window down and opened the door for Ailee.

 

Eric Nam.

 

Yuri was still on the building so the paparazzi didn’t see her but she could hear them asking if they were dating and where they were going.

 

She felt a pang on her heart. What was Ailee doing?

 

She took a step back, not knowing exactly what to do. She was supposed to go back to Ailee’s apartment and her members must have already left. What was she going to do?

 

She waited for the paparazzi to go away before going out. She walked about two blocks before taking a cab to the dorm.

 

When she got there, she saw the lights on which meant the girls were already there. She didn’t know if all of them were in the living room, though.

 

She opened the door and found only one girl on the counter of the kitchen, making her way to the couch in front of the big tv they owned.

 

“Yuri?”, she asked, surprised to see her standing there. “I thought you left with…”

 

“No, I didn’t,” she replied harshly.

 

“Did you two had a fight?”

 

Yuri only shook her head. She really wasn’t in the mood to talk about it. As she was about to walk away, the shorter girl spoke up again. “Sit down. There’s something I need to talk about with you”.

 

Yuri sighed, “Taeyeon, I’m not really in the mood to talk about anything.”

 

“It’s about Tiffany”.