22_

Cross The Line

"Isn't anybody going to open the door?!" Yuri shouted from the kitchen while everyone was on their rooms waiting for lunch to be ready. "These kids," she sighed.

 

After washing her hands, she walked towards the door and found a pleasent surprise.

 

"Hi, Yuri," the visitor said, handing her a bag with fruits, "I wanted to pass over here and hang for a while, can I?"

 

A smile appeared on Yuri's face. "Sure, come in, Yejin".

 

Both girls walked towards the kitchen again, placing the fruits on the counter.

 

"Are you cooking? Wow, I didn't know you could," Ailee commented while taking a seat and watching carefully how the tanned girl kept cooking. "How can I help?" she asked after some minutes as she stood up and walked towards Yuri.

 

"It's okay, just wait for me to finish, it's almost ready. You will stay to have lunch with us, right?"

 

Ailee nodded and grabbed the bag of fruits she had taken earlier, "I'm going to chop these fruits, alright? So we can eat them after lunch."

 

Neither of them had realized how close they were when Yuri turned to look at her and their faces ended up close to each other's.

 

"Er.." Yuri faked a cough, as Ailee's cheeks blushed, "fine, shop the fruit, I mean, chop the fruit, that".

 

She wanted to hit herself letting her nerviousness take control.

 

"Lunch is ready," Yuri finally said as the food was served, "take a seat anywhere, I'll call the girls."

 

Ailee nodded and took the nearest seat to her. She was happy she could finally get to spend some quality time with Yuri.

 

As the girls were caming out, looks of surprise were evident on them.

 

"We weren't expecting visits, Ailee," Hyoyeon said, while greeting, "it's nice to see you again".

 

When Tiffany finally arrived, Yuri tried to avoid her gaze, looking to anywhere but her.

 

"That's my seat," she said, while looking intently at Ailee.

 

The other girls stayed in silence. Ailee quickly tried to stand up in order to let Tiffany seat there.

 

"No," the demanding girl prevented Ailee from standing up, "it's okay, I can fin another place... after all, it seems like you're replacing me," those last words were just a whisper, but also loud enough for Ailee to hear.

 

"I'm sorry," she said looking down.

 

"Let's eat now?" Sooyoung said, trying to relieve the tension and getting nods from everyone.

 

*

 

Ailee stayed at the girls' room for all the afternoon, they chatted, ate some snacks, watched a movie, even sang karaoke. It was really fun.

 

"Thank you for stopping by, Yejin. It's been a while since we've had this fun," Yuri was leaning on the frame of the door as Ailee was a step further.

 

"Thank you for having me here," she said, taking Yuri's hand on hers, "I will come more often so we can have fun, alright?"

 

"We will be waiting," Yuri smiled sweetly, "I will," she finally said.

 

For a couple of seconds, Ailee lost herself on those eyes. She couldn't help it.

 

"Time to go," she said, after regaining herself. "I hope to see you soon," taking a step forward, she engulfed the taller girl in a warm hug.

 

"Text me when you're home," Yuri reminded, "take care," she said while letting her go.

 

When she finally got to her car, Ailee rested her head on the steering wheel and let out a heavy sigh.

 

"I'm never gonna be over her," she whispered, thinking about Yuri all over again.

 

*

 

"Text me when you're home" Tiffany said, mocking what she heard seconds ago, when she wanted to have a glass with water on the kitchen and happened to hear the two girls on the door.

 

Jessica couldn't supress her laughter.

 

"What's so funny?" the other American girl asked, crossing her arms and pouting.

 

"You," Jessica said, simply, "this situation is funny, because if you still like her you should tell her, I don't know what's so difficult."

 

Tiffany sighed, "haven't you seen? She takes any chance she has to flirt with everyone. Sometimes I think she never took me seriously".

 

Her bestfriend stood up and walked towards her, encircling her on her arms, "You'll be fine," she said... again.

 

"I just want to be happy, Jessie. I love her, but... everything is so messed up. She's like a little girl that only wants to play," Tiffany looked to the ceiling, trying to prevent her tears from falling, "she told me she was going to chance, I thought she was serious..."

 

Jessica left a kiss on her best friend's hair, "as your sister, I suggest you to wait. If it has to happen, it will".

 

Tiffany nodded and closed her eyes, hoping what she had said would become real.

 

*

 

When the night came, Yuri threw herself on her bed. Yoona, from her own bed, gave her a look.

 

"What?" the older girl asked, lifting her blanket up.

 

"Don't you dare," Yoona said, still looking at her suspectingly.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Don't you dare to date Ailee unnie if you just broke up with Tiffany unnie".

 

"Come on, Yoona," Yuri said, sitting up to look at her, "you know what happened between Ailee and I before was just... you know."

 

Yoona shook her head, "it could be before, but today Ailee unnie seemed to be pretty interested in you. It almost seemed like a date with us as an audience".

 

"You're exagerating," the older girl said, lying on the bed again, "we are trying to start again as friends, she's a nice girl, I have always thought that and that's it".

 

"Alright," Yoona answered, throwing a pillow at her, "but don't date anyone or I will get jealous," the younger girl threatened while sticking her tongue out.

 

Yuri laughed, "don't worry, I'm only yours," she said still joking.

 

Right before she fell asleep, her cellphone rang.

 

From: Yejin

"I'm already home. Thank you for this afternoon, it was amazing to be with you after all this time. Let's spend time together more often, alright? Sleep tight!"

 

A smiled appeared on Yuri's face.

 

"I will get jealous, unnie," Yoona threatened again making Yuri laugh.

 

It's still too early to think about love again. Yuri thought as she closed her eyes in order to fall asleep.