27_

Cross The Line

"I will pick you up, I'm taking my car and driving to your apartment. Be ready!" Yuri read on her cellphone.

 

"Who's that?" Ailee asked, getting up and making her way towards her girlfriend.

 

"Yoona," Yuri answered, "she's coming to pick me up. We have practice all day".

 

Ailee pouted. "What time are you coming back?"

 

"Probably at night. If you want to have dinner just do it. I probably will stay there until very late". Yuri said, taking her bag and making her way to the door, where Yoona was going to be in any moment.

 

"I'm gonna miss you," Ailee said, blowing a kiss to her girlfriend.

 

"Me too, gorgeous."

 

Once at the door, Yuri waited for a couple of minutes as Yoona arrived.

 

"Unnie!" Seohyun, who was at the back seat, greeted. "We're almost late, come on!"

 

Yuri chuckled and went to the car. 

 

"How's married life?" Yoona joked.

 

"I'm not married yet, Im!"

 

"Yet!" Yoona replied, "You just said yet! Why do you mean by yet? Are you crazy?"

 

Yuri laughed out loud. "Just drive!"

 

At the practice room, the girls were gathered together with their coreographer. It was going to be another session just to be prepared for their next tour.

 

"Long time no see!" Hyoyeon said, tickling her friend.

 

"We saw each other yesterday," Yuri answered, rolling her eyes.

 

"Alright, thanks for missing me that much, buddy".

 

When the girls got a break from their practice, Yuri stood up and called them. "I have to tell you something, girls."

 

"Oh my God..." Sooyoung whispered, getting everyone's attention. Even Yuri's. "You're not getting married or something, are you?"

 

All of them craked up. Well, almost all.

 

"Of course not!" Yuri yelled, still laughing. "I've decided to move back to the dorm. If you girls take me back".

 

Yoona was the first one to run and hug her.

 

"Welcome back to your house," Taeyeon said, giving her thumbs up.

 

*

 

"Now I'm gonna miss you more than ever!" Ailee whined, when she took the last box to Yuri's car. 

 

"You still can go visit me at the dorm".

 

"Maybe. But I will miss this place, too".

 

Yuri chuckled, "I gotta go now, baby". They were going to go different ways, since Yuri had to go back to the dorm and Ailee to her company. "I'll call you later".

 

With a flying kiss, Yuri left.

 

*

 

"Welcome back, unnie~~~" Yoona said using aegyo to welcome her roommate. "This room has been so lonely for the past weeks, I had no one to play with me. I missed you a lot".

 

Yuri smiled at hearing those honest words, "I missed you, too".

 

The younger girl stood up to help her with her stuff. "We're preparing your favorite food for tonight." she commented, not meeting Yuri's eyes. "But.. Tiffany unnie is not having dinner with us tonight".

 

"Why?" Yuri asked, trying to sound cool even if she was dying to know the reason.

 

"I think she will be out with Nichkhun oppa... they are kind of official now".

 

"What do you mean by kind of?" even if she was trying to sound as calm as possible, something inside wasn't alright.

 

"Well, it's obvious that they are going out a lot, but Tiffany unnie hasn't told us anything yet. We're trying to give her space and waiting for her to tell us. We joke about it sometimes and she doesn’t deny it so…”

 

Yuri just nodded. She didn’t have any right to even say a word.

 

Dinner went as planned. Tiffany wasn’t there, but the girls had a great time. They talked about what had happened at the dorm during the last weeks and how they missed Yuri around. They told her that there were new scheduled to do the dishes and laundry and other stuff. And since it was a week filled with practice and reunions, they went to bed early. Yuri didn’t. She hadn’t been around the dorm in a while, so she decided to stay in the living room and watch a movie.

 

It was almost midnight when the door opened, startling her. But at the sight of the person who had just arrived, Yuri was left speechless.

 

“Welcome back,” the girl in front of her said, quickly directing her gaze to the floor.

 

“T-thank you…”

 

A couple of awkward-filled seconds passed before Yuri spoke up again. “I’m watching a movie…”

 

“Oh,” Tiffany answered, leaving her bag on the floor.

 

“Yeah, I kind of missed being here so I decided to regain the time”.

 

Both of their gazes found each other at the mention of those words.

 

“I have to go to bed early, so…enjoy your movie,” Tiffany said, giving her a weak smile, “good night, Yuri”.

 

Yuri just nodded, and when Tiffany was already gone she closed her eyes tightly.

 

Maybe she wasn’t ready to come back home yet.