6

Cross The Line

Tiffany's POV

 

I spent some days with that feeling inside my chest. Every time I got to see them together something hurt deep inside. Jealousy? Maybe. Because that girl can have what I want the most. 

 

But today that story is about to change.

 

When the clock was 6, I jumped out of the bed, because I knew Yuri would be at the kitchen, grinding ma. So I tried to relax myself and tried to think about the speech I was going to give her... about my real feelings.

 

I knew I was risking a lot, but what could I do? I'm slowly falling in love with her. Every time I'm with her, my heart beats really fast, I got nervous and I don't want to leave her side. At night, before going to sleep I think about her, when I wake up I think about her. She's the one dominating my life lately and I couldn't do anything to stop that feeling growing inside of me.

 

So there I was, decided to confess. Ready to whatever her answer was.

 

But what if she doesn't want to take me? What if she's falling for Ailee and she sees me only like a sister? What could I do if she thinks we shouldn't be friends anymore? I had a lot of doubts.

 

Nevertheless, I took few steps towards the door of my room and looked outside. No one was on the hallway. The day was a little cold and the shorts I was wearing didn't help. For less than a second I considered about going back to bed, but my feelings were stronger. I needed to see her. So when I finally got to the kitchen, there she was. Stunning as always.

 

"Yuwree..." I whispered, trying to call her atenttion, since she was focused on what she was doing, even frowning.

 

One finger up was the signal that she needed a moment and I understood she was at the phone. How convenient. 

 

I took a sit on the closest chair, waiting for her to finish whatever she was doing. My eyes traveled from the top to the bottom of her, imagining how could it be if all that were mine. In a good way. But my fantasy didn't last long when I realized who she was talking to.

 

"Alright, I'll call you later, Yejin. Take care."

 

My eyebrows furrowed at hearing that name. Were they talking every day? I sighed.

 

"Good morning, Fany," she said, while smiling widely towards me.

 

Can I kiss those lips just now?

 

"You're early. Want me to prepare something for you?" She kept saying, while serving herself ma.

 

"I'd love you to." I answered, while getting up and walking towards her.

 

"No, stay there. I can manage it."

 

I shook my head at her words and she looked at me with a worried expression, "I want to talk with you."

 

*

 

After finishing breakfast in complete silence, she took a look to her watch and a last glance to the dorm, while we walked out. 

 

"Wow," she whispered, "it's kinda cold here."

 

I nodded as I took her hand and intertwined her fingers and mine, "Better?" 

 

"Better," she replied, with a shy smile. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

 

"This," I said, while showing her our hands, "Us."

 

The expression on her face was priceless. I didn't know what was going on her mind but I was dying for know it.

 

"Let's sit there?" I suggested as she followed my steps.

 

Once there, I sighed heavily. It was then or never.

 

"Yuwree..." I said, while resting my head on her shoulder. "Are you and Ailee girlfriends now?"

 

Even if it sounds idiotic, I needed to know. I needed to know if she was willing to have something with her.

 

"Uhm, we... I...," she stuttered and my heart started beating fast, "No, we're not."

 

"What do you think about relati-"

 

"Where do you want to go?" She asked, without looking at my eyes. Her voice sounding very serious.

 

I sighed heavily again. I was really nervous.

 

"This isn't easy to explain, Yuri, I'm putting everything on risk, but that's the risk I want to take for you," she kept looking away, "When I'm with you, Yuri, I feel complete. I don't even know how this started, it was all of a sudden, my thoughts were always about you. I tried to deny it, I swear I tried, but it seemed to be impossible. I know you aren't the type of girl who would commit to someone, I know that, but for a second, I had the really surrealistic idea that I could show you how to love and to be loved, Yuri, I know this is stupid for you, but that's how I feel, I... I think I love you."

 

When I finally looked up to her, she was facing me directly, her gaze was filled with mixed emotions.

 

"If you give me an opportunity, I can show you a whole new world of feelings, Yuri. I've never felt someting as strong as what I'm feeling right now and that's all because of you." I used my thumb to caress her hand, as I slowly leaned in, "Please? Yuri?"

 

Her silence was killing me, I couldn't stand it, I needed her to say something, but she only avoided my gaze and looking to the ground.

 

"Yuri..." I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek and my eyes focused on the ground. My heart felt weak and all I wanted was to run away.

 

Until I felt Yuri's lips on mine, my cheek softly with her thumb and bringing me back to life.