009

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 9 // SHE NIGHTMARES

 

      You stayed at the sunken couch as you took a huge breath. Trying to relieve everything from your mind, you pursed your lips together. The thumping of your heart slowed down a little and you knew by now, you felt at ease. Looking outside the misty window, you could decipher that it was already nearing night time. Grasping the end of the backpack handle, you took a hold of all your bags onto your shoulder. With a grunt, you were ready to set your foot outside the cold atmosphere. "You're not thinking of going home right?" Daehyun suddenly stopped you, blocking your way to go through the door. Your eyes shot at him and you took another glance at the doorknob which was just a few feet away from you. You rolled your eyes in annoyance. "I thought of just having a stroll in the park with these heavy bags." Daehyun huffed, sensing that a small smile was pulled to the end of his mouth but he didn't plan on making it visible. He took a hold of your bag in one swift movement without having to struggle upon your tight grip on the handle. Sometimes it made you wonder if this guy was a vampire, able to do things in a flash in just a blink.

           Unusually, Daehyun took the bag and placed it inside a room which you predict was his. "What the heck do you think you're doing?" You asked, almost ordering him in your harsh tone. You really didn't have any time to joke around and neither were you in the mood to. He shrugged, letting out a small smile as he took your other purse and placed it on the couch. He then took out some leftover foods from the icy fridge and placed it inside the microwave. You didn't want to stay here in which you tried to take off your heels and made your way to the door when Daehyun beat it. "Nu-uh, you're not going anywhere. It's getting dark and you know how dangerous it is outside. I insist you sleep in the guest room." Your eyebrows turned into a straight line as you felt yourself getting a tick of total annoyance.

           You snickered and grunted, trying to push him off of the way and made your way to the door but he never budged. You were ticked off, as you felt this sense of anger filled your aching heart. You could definitely feel the tears b to the end of your eye but you quickly choked down the tears back. It's no use to cry now. Daehyun's hands were by now holding your elbows as it stopped your from what you were doing. His eyes bore into your soul like how Ilsung had but it had a slight difference. His warm brown eyes had a soft ochre feeling and his eyes were almost talking to you, pleading to listen to whatever he had to say. "I'm here to help you if you don't realise that so please, stay here for the night because whether you like it or not, I'm not letting you go out there." He pointed to the elegent window and you knew what he meant. You knew exactly what he meant. His voice was raised a little as it sent a vibrating shock through your whole body, penetrating through your eardrums and constantly echoing. You sniffed, trying not to let those crystals fall. Instead, your shoulders weakened as it slumped down due to the pressure that Daehyun had on it. Daehyun lowered his gaze as he pursed his lips together, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice at you." He mumbled. You just stood there dumbfounded with thoughts in different places, lazy eyes staring at the lifeless cold floor right beneath you. Sighing, you gave in. No matter how much you resist, he would never let you go out there all alone especially at this time nearing twilight.

           The both of you settled down on the raw wooden table top, opposite each other as you slowly picked up the food from the plate and inside your small mouth. Apparently the menu was Beef Lasagna that was placed into a fat baking tray and was decorated by this red-blood looking sauce. The aroma filled your nostrils and your stomach started to grumble with annoyance, screaming at you to feed it. The steaming air rose from the Lasagna itself as it disappeared into the cold air above. You took a bite, the rich parmesan cheese melted into your mouth. It was satisfying and you closed your eyes to remember the last time you had such a bliss meal. Daehyun took a spoonful as he stuffed it inside his mouth like a glutton. He would glance at you every now and then. Agitation filled inside of him as he changed positions in the seat itself. Something was pricking at him and he wanted to bomb you with a lot of questions so bad but he knew that you were not ready. Neither was he ready to actually look at another stray tear falling down your cheeks.

           The two of you ate quietly, peacefully - enjoying the scrumptous ordinary meal that made you greed for more better food. You stood up, taking your brittle-like legs near the sink to wash the used plates. Daehyun's ears perched up as he heard the clanging sounds of ceramic plates and cups against the metal railing of the sink. In a flash, he put down the damp sponge that you were holding onto those wrinkled fingers and put aside the plates. "A guest need not do anything." He ordered as he started to clean the plates himself. You let out a soft sigh of annoyance and made your way to the living room. Taking a seat on the couch, you tried to busy yourself by memorising the decors of the house interior. There was a huge, ornamental mirror hung by the wall that was embellished with light floral lines and was, which you believe - spray painted in a rich gold colour. It looked fancy and really expensive, like those you would usually see sold at a very high class furniture stores. You wondered your eyes around the whole interior of the house. It surprised you how raw and enormous Daehyun's apartment was. His apartment was a red-bricked building in which fascinated you the most because it reminded you of a warehouse and contains tons of raw elements. The red-bricked walls seemed so industrial and it just you in right away. Not to mention the furnitures - every single one of it suit the house interior walls and it made you enthralled the fact that most of it has masculine pieces.

           You were too absorbed in occupying yourself with the house when you didn't even notice that Daehyun was done with the dishes. You peeked at the antique brown-coloured clock as the first hand pointed a half past 9. Daehyun took a seat on the other cobalt blue velvet chair as he had his lips pursed, his slender fingers picking up the remote control swiftly. He scanned through the different sections of the channels and he then decided on the Movie section. His eyes squinted, lips pursed together and words falling out from his mouth quietly as he talked to himself on what kind of movie to choose for the night. After much pondering, he then turned to you. "Do you like comedy?" He questioned, still flipping through the different genres at the same time. You nodded meakly, still focusing on the wide screen ahead of you. Somehow you knew that whatever he had in mind for movies, wouldn't possible be a great choice.  A small smile spread across the lower part of his face as he finally chose the suitable movie. It was "Grown Ups 2" and you had to admit that Daehyun had a great taste in choosing movies. As he clicked onto the button, the usual introduction started as you slowly sunk into the comfort of the velvet chair. You had watched the movie before and it was hilarous. Definitely a recommendation to anybody who is a er for comedy movies. An hour passed and you realised that it was nearly 11, how fast time flies. Daehyun on the other hand found himself giggling throughout the whole movie. He would constantly took a peek at your serious face but softened as he knew that somewhere inside of you was giggling to the most ridiculous yet funniest part ever in the whole movie. 

           As the movie ended, you didn't felt sleepy at all. Instead this fear engulfed you again as you knew that when you close your eyes even for just a second, she would come back and haunt you like before. Which you didn't want that to happen again. Her melodic yet piercing voice can be heard instantly through your empty mind as it echoed. As every night that creeps in - creating the eerie atmospheric darkness - the once joyful Hyemi came into action, trying to lure the painful memories from before. For once, you wanted to get rid of those unwanted memories but she would always get into your way as it made you even angrier at your previous self.

           Your thoughts were disturbed when Daehyun questioned you. "Not sleepy yet?" You pursed your dry lips together, shaking your head. He nodded as he stood up and walked to the room. As he went out of it, he had two clear white towels - handing one to your side while the other one was hung to his broad shoulders. "I"m going to shower in my room. If you want to take a bath, the bathroom is right there." You nodded, understanding what he said. Daehyun hurried himself back to the room which you predicted that he was showering by now because of the soft droplets of water falling down the cemented floor. Your eyes were a little droopy as you tried to take all of your energy and made your way to the other bathroom to take a quick shower. Unfortunately, laziness was always by your side as it kicks in and advised you to stay on the velvet couch a little longer. The television was still on yet you didn't really pay much attention to it. You could hear the soft melody and rhythm echoing inside the bathroom and around the whole house. It made you feel much more sleepier and you could feel your eyelids becoming heavier ; as if somebody was pulling it down to close.

           His voice was very soothing to hear and with the drops of water falling down the floor of the toilet, it was much more mesmerizing to hear. You yawned, tossing your body to the other side in a much comfortable position and convinced yourself to have a break for not more than 5 minutes. Closing your eyelids, your body didn't listen to your mind as you were halfly asleep in a mere second. The soft melody was like a lullaby to you, singing you to sleep. By then, you were asleep with your arms overlapping each other and using a pillow to rest your head on. Daehyun on the other hand was drying his hair as he slipped onto his black wife beater. His eyes then lay onto your silky head as he realised you fell asleep even before he was finished with his shower. Looking at the clock, he knew you were exhausted for the whole day.

           He took a glance at your face as it gave him this familiar image all over again. Slowly placing his arm to replace the pillow, he slid it so that you were resting comfortably on the large couch. He placed another pillow by your side as you were by now, hugging it like a small toddler. A small smile was pulled to the end of his mouth as he then had this familiar feeling all over again.

 

subscribe, comment & upvote!