028

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 28 // BREAKING FREE

ARIANA GRANDE - BREAK FREE

 

     You were simply blown away as the cold breeze swept across your face. Your eyes twinkled through the darkness as you saw how beautiful the city atmosphere was. It was stunning, how the different colours contrasted from the buildings that lit up the darkness of the city. "Beautiful, isn't it?" He called out, admiring the city lights before him. You nodded, it was beyond beautiful. The cold wind that swept through your voluptous hair was simply refreshing. You then took a huge breath of the air from up high, it felt different. It was as if you were refreshed again, in a good way. You couldn't take your eyes off the divine scenery which blew you away. "What are we doing here?" You turned, questioning Daehyun as you saw how he pressed his lips amongst each other firmly.

          Leaning onto the railing of the barrier, he then took a huge breath. "You remember the girl that you complimented to me about earlier on?" The ends of your eyebrows grew a knot against each other, trying to remember. You then nodded vigorously. "Well, she's not my sister.. She was my girlfriend." He said shortly. Soon, a cloud of uneasiness crept in and you were aware of how Daehyun's mood changed the whole atmosphere. He leaned forward to the railings, placing his fingers onto his lips and taking a huge breath. "And she hung herself a year ago." Your eyes narrowed to his darkened expression and you saw how his twinkling eyes were starting to collect crytalised tears. A huge lump of rock was stuck onto your throat and you were at loss of words. You opened your mouth slightly, "I'm sorry. I didn't know.." He then shook his head vigorously.

          You felt awful and looking at how he held the roots of his hair in despair made you feel small again, it was as if you were looking onto your own reflection. You stood there dumbfounded, trying to find the suitable words to soothe his tensed expression. You bit your lower lip, how can someone as cheerful as him hide such problems unknowingly? He was strong. Unlike any other people, he learnt how to control his inner tensed emotion and turn it into something positive. You saw his glinting eyes that were now showing the clear tears and it broke you. All these while you thought you were the only one who had problems of your own but you never did thought if anybody else suffered the exact same pain as you do. Behind those charming laugh and heartwarming eye smile was a fragile man who hides his own emotions from himself, fearing that it would somehow destroy his current self. "It was hard.. It was a pain that I've never experienced before.." A small hiss came out from his mouth. "She was my everything, it was as if the other half of my soul was passed onto her." You gulped a huge ball of saliva. You understood exactly what he meant and the words stabbed you right across your chest. You could feel the same affliction being passed on to Daehyun and you can definitely relate to his feelings. He then sighed, giving off his frustrations. There was nothing you could do but just a mere stare onto his teary face and gave off a pat on the back.

          He too was at loss of words and he wasn't able to continue his unfinished sentence, instead giving off a frustrated sigh. "Why?.." Your voice squeaked a little and you were shocked, didn't really expect that it came out loud enough for Daehyun to listen. You quickly smacked your mouth, in attempt to punish yourself. Daehyun repositioned himself, "I don't really know.. She said I didn't gave her the love that she wanted. That's stupid, I gave her everything she wanted and she ing cheated on me! Am I that weak to be cheated on?" He held the roots of his hair tightly, grasping them as if they were about to be pulled apart. "Am I?!" He turned to you, his red devil-looking eyes shot through your body as it sent shivers down your spine.

          You saw how his eyes hid both it's anger and anguish. Biting your lower lip, you shook your head. For once, you saw how vulnerable Daehyun was and you felt extremely terrible having to witness how he broke down. He was someone that you looked up to, someone who was strong enough to undergo any hardships and witnessing his distressed state made you want to comfort him. Other than that, it made you feel stupid. It showed you how selfish you were in life, only aware of your own feelings instead of others. The tears that escaped slowly from his eyes seemed unbearable and it made you feel bitter too. From that time onwards, you realised how people that smile and laugh alot are the ones whom suffer the most. Why, others would ask? Because laughter isn't only the best medicine, it's also the best disguise for the hidden troubles. It was something that you saw in Daehyun - a person that was joyful in other's eyes just because he was able to transfer a happy virus but he was also the one who suffered the most.

          Your hands then automatically travelled near Daehyun's waist as you pulled him close to your body. You hugged him, possibly the most daring action that you could've done to any other people but you thought it was a suitable time to do so in attempt to comfort him. You could feel how his body jolted slightly, shocked upon the sudden action.

          You could smell his luxurious cologne that lingered around his shirt. His once tensed body slowly relaxed and he relently placed his arms around your small body, pulling you close to his. He sighed, placing his cheek onto the crown of your head. "I'm sorry for bringing it up but I promise you, it'll get better." You called out, slowly patting his back. He sniffed and let out a small hiccup. "You're stronger than you think you are." Daehyun slowly released the hug, placing his hands onto your shoulders. Then a small smile was tugged onto the end of his mouth, the sides of his eyes creasing upwards to show off his infamous dashing smile. He slid his fingers gracefully into one of the pockets of his skinny leather pants, fishing out a crumpled yet visible white sheet of paper. He slowly folded it gently to turn into what seemed like a paper airplane. Holding out the paper airplane, he then smiled. "Remember this when we went to the café that was filled with sticky notes?" You nodded, pushing your hand through your pearly white purse and scrambling to find the similar paper airplane that was hiding in the corner of your bag. After succeeding into finding the paper airplane, you fished it out and showed it to Daehyun. "Don't you think that our life is like a paper airplane?" He questioned, fiddling with the folded paper and craning his neck to see your face. You knit your eyebrows, shaking your head vigorously to know the answer. "Well, it's safe to say that we're like paper airplanes. We have troubles in life but we find ways to get up from that downfall - just like paper airplanes when it's too weak to get back up, it would be thrown again by someone to be able to soar up through the sky and that someone is hope." Tilting your head to the side and blinking your eyes numerous times.

          You then opened your mouth slightly, "So when we find hope, we are able to get back up from the fall and search for freedom again?" A wide, genuine smile was plasted onto Daehyun's handsome face as he then nodded. You blinked again, trying to understand the whole thing. The times when you were at your weakest point came flashing before your eyes and you saw how much stress you were in. You would often huddle yourself together and rock yourself from side to side like a small baby trying to calm itself down. Other than that, Daehyun came into the picture and it changed your perspective of life. Whenever you undergo hard times, he was there and most importantly, he stayed. He never left for a single bit and that was something which you admired the most because you were hot-headed yet he was still calm enough. Then it hit you. In your case, Daehyun was known as hope. He was the one that gave you enlightment to continue on with life, in which you did. You then fiddled with the small paper airplane, extending it out to allow Daehyun to see it.

          "So this was the reason why you told me to keep it?" He let out a light chuckle and shook his head, reaching out to take your paper airplane in his grip. "Not exactly. I want you to keep this because whenever you're feeling low, just open it up. It'll make you feel the slightest bit better, trust me." Daehyun calmly said, leaning again against the metal railings. You could see the pure sincerity that he had in his eyes, showing you how he meant every single word that he had said. Daehyun let out a small sigh, pursing his lips firmly against each other while he extended his arm outwards to stretch.

           For once in a very long time, he was able to give himself some healing time which felt unreal. He never did thought he was able to allow himself indulge in the most forbidden thoughts and turn it into something positive. His eyes narrowed to your face as he scrutinized your imperfect flaws. He smiled, thinking to himself how lucky he was to find you and walk down the right path of choice. Your eyebrows then knitted, showing the wrinkles and creases created around your nose area. Your eyes stung as you blinked profusely, hoping the stinging sensation would soon go away but it never did and instead, it threatened to let out crystal tears. Biting your lower lip, you held back the tears and you never realised how hard it was. Daehyun saw how hesitant you were - how you cocked your head to the side and biting your lower lip gave him anxiety. He leaned in further as he saw the slight twinkle in your eyes.

          You in your mouth, letting out a gush of air and the tears immediately fell down from the brims of your eye like rainfall. "It's hard.." You stuttered, your front teeth chattered in the cold. "Why, out of all the people must it be me? I didn't chose this kind of fate.." Your voice became smaller and you found yourself shivering under your own skin. A small whimper escaped and Daehyun bit his lower lip, he understood what you meant and neither did he asked for the same fate in his life.

          He stood there, staring his eyes out to the vibrant city while listening to your small stutters and hiccups in conjuction with the small cries. Making his way to one of the benches, he slowly sat down and pursed his lips. "Neither did I." He said shortly. "But don't you realised that the obstacles that you went through were the ones that you underestimated yourself, thinking that it's the end for you?" A small nod came into sight as you bobbed your head up and down. A clean silence pierced through the atmosphere as the both of you stared into each other's eyes. "Don't you see that God put you into this situation because he knows you are able to go through it?"

          There was something in his thin voice that made you think twice and also convinced you that he was apparently right but then you creased your thick eyebrows to create wrinkles onto your oily forehead. "But then, why?" Daehyun ruffled his hair slightly as he let out a frustrated sigh, stomping his feet to the ground and pulling himself back up to move beside you, near the metal railings. He leaned further onto the metal railing, placing his elbows onto it as a support as he faced you without much hesitation. "You do know you're stronger than you think you are right?" You instantly looked down to your feet, shaking your head in complete disagreement. "He gave you these obstacles because he wants you to go through it, learn to become someone that you've been finding inside of you all these while and most importantly, to know how strong you are after conquering all the hardships." Your throat felt as if it had a big lump, preventing you from gulping down your saliva. The brims of your eyes watered and you could feel how heavy your heart changed to which made you feel even sad.

          You were distressed, not because Daehyun was strict but whatever he had just said made insanely sense which triggered you to think that it may be real. He saw how you hesitated, holding the palms of your hands tightly. He leaned in even further to your seat as he then placed his warm hand on top of yours, grasping it and squeezing it to calm yourself down. Your hand immediately stiffened by the sudden, unnatural contact but the way he grasped your hand allowed your heart to beat slower and lowered the anxiety level. Sliding your bangs to the side, your eyes met his brown ones and you saw how he intently looked to your whole face, "This will end before you know it. You're strong enough to go through it and I'm going to be here with you."

          A small, convincing smile was plasted to the end of Daehyun's mouth as he slowly assured you. Your heart continued to calm by itself but all you wanted to do was to cry over your problems every single day and this deep conversation that you had with Daehyun made you trigger your mind to see life in a much different way. He was indeed someone that was sent from heaven, more specifically an angel that came to help you throughout your whole journey. You let out a huge sigh and Daehyun extended his hand towards your face as you felt the warm, tingling touch of his fingers onto your face.

          He swiped away the excess tears, tucking the strand of hair right behind your ear. The contacts that he made with you made you felt warm again and it allowed you to realise that someone actually cared for you, which was something that you were greatly fortunate about. After the 10 minutes was up, the both of you went down to the lobby straight away.

          Pushing through the luxurious gold frame door, you slid your fingers slowly into Daehyun's while the two of your interlaced your fingers. You looked up to meet his eyes, "Let's live life like we never did tonight." He showed his enchanting smile, grasping your hand in assurance as the two of you continue to set your way through the whole city - finding the real meaning of life and enjoying it as long as you can.

 

nearly cried doing this, feel like i'm almost expressing my feelings in this whole chapter.

this is also for all those people who are not encouraged to continue your life, things will eventually get better & trust me on that.

He gives you these obstacles to go through because He knows how strong you are to overcome it.

thankyou for being so patient of me uploading chapters after chapter, you guys are definitely the best.

may god bless your soul xoxo