004

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 4 // COFFEE COMPANION

 

(A/N : A little cuss here & there so read it at your own risk.)

     

     You huddled yourself together in the warmthness of your jacket, while the other pedestrians started taking out their umbrellas and covering themselves from the rain. Pedestrians took their legs and ran towards the bustling streets without even caring to look out for traffic as you were left without a single soul around you. As you shivered under your own skin, a shadow soon overcast your's. Curious, you looked up only to see a black and large umbrella sheltering you before the heavy rain. 

      "You're going to catch a cold, running around in the heavy rain without having anything to shelter you." The voice from behind called out, sounding rather unimpressed. You twirled your head to the back swiftly, only to find Daehyun standing right behind you with his grip on the handle of the umbrella.

      "Have you been following me around?" You questioned meekly. He shook his head from behind as if you could see him. "I don't have time to be spying on you. I just wanted to buy some groceries and found you." The traffic light soon blinked to green as the two of you made your way on the wet road, hands in your pocket finding warmth. The both of you kept silent, trying to find words to start a conversation.

      "Are you going somewhere?" Daehyun questioned, still holding onto the umbrella as you nodded weakly. The rain started gushing in more as the weather changed drastically to a much colder atmosphere. Your stomach was churning, due to the coldness and your hunger from before. You held it in as it started growling more. Daehyun tilted his head slightly to the sky as he pursed his lips together, pondering over something. "C'mon, let's get inside." He pulled you over the door as he opened it, pushing you inside the warm and cosy café. The smell of freshly baked bread and pastries filled your nostrils.

      The aroma of the brewed coffee was surrounded around the whole café as you heaved a sigh of satisfaction. Daehyun then led the way to a table consist of high stand chairs, a classic twist to the place itself. "One Cappuchino please and...?" Daehyun hesitated, raising a questioning brow to you. "And a Soy Chai Latte." You said while the waiter nodded, writing down the orders onto the clean notepad. Silence soon engulfed the two of you around the table as you wandered your eyes everywhere, trying to avoid making eye contact. The tapping of fingernails on the table filled the atmosphere and you could literally hear a pin drop.

      "So, where were you from actually?" Daehyun broke the awkward silence as he fiddled with his fingers. "Just from a rented house." You answered shortly.

      Then, there was another awkward silence in between the conversation. Yep, this was definitely awkward. Soon, the drinks had already arrived as the two of you sipped on it and let out a satisfied moan. The hotness of the coffee rised up the heat from your body as you felt yourself engulfed in it's warmthness unlike before, shivering uncontrollably. The two of you stayed that way, sipping onto one's coffee without having to say anything. Nobody dared or wanted to even start a conversation. It was maybe too sudden to do so.

      "A-Are your wounds healing?" He stuttered, meeting his warm and brown eyes with yours. You looked away, closing your eyes for a moment.

      "It's fine. As long as I don't it up." Daehyun lowered his head a little and chuckled slightly. You furrowed your thick eyebrows, what's so funny? "You really haven't change do you?" He continued his small chuckle while you tried to ignore him. Soon, you were done with your cup of coffee. Burping a little, you rubbed your belly and took out your small purse to pay for the beverages.

      "You don't have enough money on you. Here, take this." Daehyun stopped you from paying the waiter while he swiftly handed over the money to the waiter's palm. You wandered your eyes around him as a questioning brow stood arose. After handing the cash over to the waiter, the both of you made your way out of the warm café with hands inside your pockets. You shuffled your feet against each other, gaining heat as Daehyun huffed air from his mouth. The rain had already decreased and you thought that it would be better for you to go now. "Thanks for the tab back there. I'll get going." You blinked your eyes, boring holes into the concrete ground.

      Daehyun just shrugged, holding onto his coat. "Nothing much. I'll get going too so take care." With nothing much to say, he took off his heels and went into the bustling crowd around the traffic as you turned swiftly to the other direction, getting ready to make your way back to your new rented room. 

      Your layers of hoodie were now still soaking wet from the pouring rain. As you let out a frustrated sigh, you threw your jacket to the bed in front of you. You had just arrived to your newly rented room and as reality struck you in the head, you didn't have any other spare shirt other than the basic white v-neck tee that Daehyun gave you earlier on to change into right after the cold weather. All of your clothes were still back home where you lived previously with Ilsung.

      Fear engulfed inside you as soon as you had the thought about Ilsung. You squeezed the excess water out from the side of your hoodie, plopping yourself to the mattress. You took off the damped hoodie and threw it to the other side of the room as you slid the white v-neck tee into your slender body. With a groan, you landed your stiff and wounded body to the soft mattress below. You wandered and blinked your eyes several times, staring blankly without a thought at the plain ceiling.

      As you shut your fluttering eyelids, images from the previous day came across - still vivid as if it just happened a few hours ago. It was the most heart-wrenching moment of your life but you couldn't cry - not anymore - with a small sigh escaped from your mouth, your b eyes that contained small droplets of tears were shut tightly, falling asleep in the warmthness of the cuddly blanket without having any worries to trouble you for the night. 

 

cause there's more romantic scenes coming up

wanna know more?

stay tuned for the next chapter! (:

p.s. sorry for the short chapter but the next one will be much longer

that's what she said ^