010

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 10 // DEEP INSIDE

 

       As the light in the room fluctuates, you leaned in deeply into the comfort of the velvety texture and took the chance to make yourself comfortable. Your body was sore, both mentally and physically as you had been dying a goodnight sleep where none of those annoying thoughts would drift through your mind, accompanying through your whole dark night with not enough sleep. You heard the pulling of curtains to one side as the light dims in a little, giving you the warmthness of the night. For a moment there, nothing seemed to distrupt your sleep. Nothing bothered to let you reminisce the past deadly memories and for once, you felt protected which you can greatly appreciate. Then, a soft cuddly material was lightly placed on top of your legs - mostly covering your whole body and engulfed yourself in the warm. With a low grunt, you could decipher a voice saying goodnight to you before leaving as his feet croaked on the wooden floor.

           The night passed extremely fast where the moment you woke up, the sun was shining on top of your head. You were grateful for the fact that for the rest of the night, nothing harrassed your thoughts as it allows you to recuperate your body physically and emotionally. For once, you felt secured that nothing dared to bother you and you were once at peace. But you knew those nightmares and voices will visit you again, just not today. You squinted your eye and turned to hibernate a while more but your body gave in as the sores started aching, as well as the wounds. You turned your body to let your long legs draped onto the floor, scrutinizing the permanent marks. It still stung after a few days and looking at the wounds, your heart stung too looking at what the person who you once admired left you. Your eyes travelled up to the coffee table ahead as you saw the similar white towel that you had left yesterday night lying on the light brown canvas table top. On top of the lightweight material, a small blue covered container was placed neatly there. Getting ready to wash up, your nose crinkled to the stench that you had lingering on your body and went to the directed bathroom that Daehyun showed you the night before.

           Unusually, there was no sign of Daehyun which you expected would be fully asleep till now. Turning on the faucet, the pleasantly lukewarm water glided off your skin as it burnt your insides in a good way. The bathroom was beautifully decorated with fresh coral shells as they were placed on the sides of the wall, complimenting with the aqua blue interior. It was really fresh as it gave you the impression of being underwater. Grabbing a golf sized shampoo on your hand, you distributed it evenly on your scalp as you pampered yourself with a scalp massage. Rinsing off the excess soap from your body, you changed into your newly packed shirts and dried your hair. Still limping out of the bathroom, you had the ointment case in one hand and made your way to the living room. You heard the cling clangs sounds of ceramic plates in the morning and you thought Daehyun would be awake by now. 

          You settled yourself down on the similar velvet couch that you had been sleeping on for the rest of the night and started applying the moisturizing ointment to the affected areas. A low grunt and raspy voice was heard when Daehyun came into sight. "Had a good sleep? Was it comfortable sleeping there? You were sound asleep there and I didn't want to interrupt especially when you looked drowned out. Thought it would be better for you to just rest there." He had his black wife beater on and his hair still ruffled in a dishevelled yet admiring way. His tanned muscles stood out as they were the first ones to attract your attention. You continued on applying the ointment as you nodded to whatever he was saying.

           "It was great, don't worry. Thank you for allowing me to stay here for the night." Daehyun nodded, showing a small smile as his rosy cheekbones rose up instantly. You turned your head to the kitchen as a certain aroma rose through the atmosphere and travelled around the whole apartment. The smell of fresh french toast coming out from the oven was overpowering. You saw the kitchen table covered with a simple cream coloured fabric as cups of tea were neatly arranged, same goes with the ceramic plates itself. Daehyun came strolling into the kitchen as he placed the baked french toast separately on the other side of the table. He gestured you to come and have a seat on the chair opposite him. You took a look at the hanging clock and back at your backpack.

           "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so eat up." He pushed the plate further towards you as you gave in, taking a seat on the wooden chair and started digging in. It was a hearty meal where Daehyun even served you some morning scrambled eggs. Honestly, you felt appreciated having to stay a night here and even receive good guest's service. Somehow, you gained his trust again the fact that he kept his promise on not trying to lay a finger on you unlike before. But you knew you couldn't earn his trust fully. There were still some doubts hidden inside of you as it warns you to be careful every single time you think you have gained someone's trust. Finishing the last bread crumb, you wiped your mouth with the napkin and started washing the dishes eventhough Daehyun insisted.

           Slunging your bag on your shoulder and holding your other purse in your hand, you made your way to the front door as Daehyun held the doorknob. He opened the door for you lightly as you started shuffling into your shoe. "Are you feeling fine now?" Daehyun's soft honey-like voice questioned you, having a hint of worriness on it's edge. You nodded, hanging your head down low.

           Clearing your throat, you said, "Thanks for the things you helped me so far. I really don't know how to repay you." You showed a small, sincere smile to the end of your mouth and nodded your head a little to him to show your gratification. If you have had a lot of money on you right now, you can literally hand a stack of cash to him but your situation didn't allow you to. You felt awful not being able to repay him anything in return after everything that he had helped you with. If you could do anything - just anything - to repay him back, you would do so. It's like you owe him your life. Daehyun let out a raspy chuckle as he shook his head lightly, slipping onto a knitted cardigan.

           "Just forget about what happened during senior year and I'll be fine." Daehyun's appearance and voice changed into a much serious tone as he lowered his gaze. You shuddered upon the thought of senior year and felt yourself cringing like before. You toughen up and turned like a small mouse, terrified and shaking.

           "It'll be hard." You can hardly let the words slip out easily as your throat tightened right after that.

           Daehyun huffed and shrugged as he knew how hard it was for you. "Do me a favour, just get back home safely and take care of yourself." His words hit you hard, straight on your heart and you softened. The words that slurred from his tongue seemed so sincere and your heart lightened, knowing the fact that someone cared for you over what happened back there. You weren't sure what you were suppose to say to him. but you knew for sure that you were thankful. Daehyun then raised his opened right palm, "Don't worry, what happen back there is safe with me. If you want, I can forget about it." You felt yourself smiling from the inside and you laughed a bit. Bobbing your head up and down, you let out a loud sigh and thanked him once again. Taking large steps, you found yourself walking down the rugged path and stoney path back home.

           Turning to look at the vibrant red bricked building, you let out a sincere smile and sighed, trudging your way back home with a backpack full of your clothes. As Daehyun took a peep from his window, he saw the small smile tugged to the end of your small lips and felt himself softened. He felt light-hearted after seeing you leave without a frown on your face and much troubles bothering you. Seeing how you tried so hard to smile sincerely made him feel at ease unexpectedly. Maybe it was because he saw how you suffered all these while and a smile on your face made him feel you were at least fine somewhere deep inside that troubled heart.

 

didn't expect myself to be posting this today since my mood was totally off

but i thought i should just update a chapter

so, here ya go!

thankyou for subscribing, commenting & upvoting :*