005

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 5 // FIRST TOUCH

 

     The soft and faint chirping noises filled your eardrums as you snuggled more into the warmth of your bed, shaking off the feeling on having to wake up on a sunny morning. You groaned, stretching yourself from the bed and pushed the blanket away. You looked around, steadying your vision as your eyes landed onto a set of brand new towels and other bathroom necessities. As your foot landed on the soft rug, you took the time to examine your wounds that were now looking rather prominent but were still in the process of healing. You took the towel and scurried your way through the bathroom.

      "You're awake I see. Here, I got you some fresh clothes since I didn't see you taking any luggage inside. Guess you ran home or something?" Anthea, the owner of the house handed you fresh new basic black tee as she had a questioning brow raised. You gladly accepted it as you forced a smile. "S-Something like that." The wizened and aged woman squinted her almond eyes, scrutinizing the sides of your skinny arms as her eyes grew slightly wider.

      The bruises that had already grew slightly bigger a few days ago were now permanently glued onto your milky arms. The scratches and scars that were deeply cut inside your skin were now like tattoos. As Anthea twitched her wrinkled and creased fingers, slightly brushing against your wounds, you quickly wrapped your small body with the weightless towel. The old woman bit her inner cheek, hiding the thought she had behind those thick and furrowed eyebrows. "They look a day old. What hap-" Her words were cut off quickly. "Go ahead and take a shower. I made some breakfast." She showed a slight baby smile, and walked down the creaking wooden staircase. You brushed off the last goosebumps that still lingered around and walked to the bathroom.

      Taking off your clothes, you entered the hot water bath that had been prepared beforehand as the lukewarm water spreaded across your sticky morning body. You took a moment, closing your dry eyes. As silence took over and the sounds of water droplets plopping from the faucet, a blur image came by your vision that was once filled with blackness. The blur image soon steadied by itself as you saw a well dressed young lady who had a one piece dress that stuck onto her body, showing off those signature curves and a scarf draped over her bare shoulder beautifully as she stood out in silhouette.

      "Hyemi," It called out, with the most smoothest and elegant voice ever. The voice was so thin as it easily glides through into your skin and sent numerous cold shivers down your spine. You squinted your eyes, taking a deep breath as the sultriness from the hot bathe engulfed your lungs.

      "Leave me alone." You heaved heavily. Pressing your eyelids together, hoping the voice would eventually go away and leave you for good this time. "Don't you know that he really loved you?" The voice said again, but now, with a rather forceful impact on the words that slurred off the tongue.

      You gritted your teeth, clamping a tight ball of fist below the water as you controlled the mixed emotions happening inside of you. You took a deep breath once again as if your lungs were now filled with water. "Don't you love him anymore? Don't you think you have to give him one more chance?" Your fingernails were by now, dugging deeply into your palm. Crescent moon shapes were seen vividly on your pale palm. You in a tear from the b eye, shooking your head from left to right continuously. With a heavy of breath, you glided yourself down a little more to the warmthness of the lukewarm water. It was now much more colder than before. Your eyes were still shut close.

      Can't get away with this, You thought.

      You knew it was time for you to open up the old memories from your mental sticky notes up in your brain. You have let the once joyful young woman enveloped herself in a deep slumber - pushing away any memories that tend to slip in and by now, you knew you can't take the risk of abandoning her once more. You took the opportunity to turn off the faucet and surround yourself with another squeeze of bubble bath. By the time your eyes were closed, vivid images from previous nights - specifically from past years; filled your empty brain. You didn't want to recall but you had to. After all these years, it may be the right time to do so.

 

***

 

      As his hands reached out to the side of your waist, electric volts shot through your whole body as you felt that tingling sensation you always loved. His slender fingers were then gripped onto your bare shoulder, kissing the other bare one. "Cold?" He questioned, taking out his woolen coat and wrapped them onto your shoulders. A small smile was tugged to the end of your lips as you nuzzled your face into his chest, sniffing the cologne that you had gave him for his birthday a day earlier.

      It was a scent that instantly reminds you of him - a mixture of musky and woodsy scent that had hints of floral. The night was still young as the both of you happened to settle yourself on the swing across the park. The streaks mixture of pale blue and fiery orange light from the sky contrasted the whole river; the boundary of the park and the other side of the island.

      Silence engulfed the surroundings, only able to hear the steady tempo of your breathing as your eyes twinkled in the darkness, cherishing every single minute that passed by. "Ilsung?" He raised his brows, pursing his lips together and asking a hmm. With the small dimple that was into his cheek, his doe-like eyes sparkled with full intense. "What do you want to do in the future?" You asked abruptly.

      Unlike any other guy, Ilsung didn't freak out. Instead, he took in a huge breath and his lips with full concentration, squinting an eye. He then beamed, showing off his chubby cheeks and tilted his head to your side as he leaned in to connect your forehead with his. "I'm not sure but what I'm sure is I would want to spend my future with you." He tapped the tip of your nose gently, giggling away.

      You slung your arm with his as you landed on his broad shoulders, giving you the impression of being protected by him. Unlike any other date, this one made you feel at ease and not awkward whenever silence take over the whole conversation. Ilsung shifted in his seat as you reckoned that a pair of eyes was staring at you- more like scrutinizing the imperfect features on your plump face. It had a been a minute or so when Ilsung then reached in nearer to you as he placed his thumb and forefinger to the tip of your chin.

      You hitched your breath, blinking your almond sized eyes as it was glued onto Ilsung's. He was still holding on to the end of your chin as both of your faces were inches away, able to sense each other's breathing that seemed nerve wrecking. You closed your eyes as warm and plump lips were sealed shut against yours. The same electric volts shot through every single part of your body as goosebumps started rising onto the hairs of your skin. He twirled his tongue around, holding the back of your neck effortlessly as he tilted his chin slightly to the other side, attacking your weak spot. The kiss was slow, yet passionate and electrifying as it seems where the both of you fought for dominance.

      You pressed yourself against him, wanting more after the addictive smooch that seemed to end too fast. Your first kiss just got stolen by someone who you believed was the only one for you. "Not bad for a first timer, eh?" Ilsung your silky hair, staring lovingly into your light brown eyes as you chuckled, attacking him with one more kiss on the lips before crashing onto his broad yet comfy chest.

 

      The light knock on the door startled you as your vision blured once again. As you opened your fluttering eyelids, you saw yourself still wet inside the bathtub as your body were full of soap. "Breakfast is ready, you can come down anytime." Anthea called out as her small voice filtered through the thin wooden door and inside the bathroom.

      After cleaning the excess water, you slid into the black tee that Anthea gave and unlocked the doorknob, only to see a long grey cardigan placed on the other side of the doorknob. You slid the 'keep-you-warm' bundle deal cardigan as it fit you twice your size but still liked the feeling of it being baggy. "Oh look, it fits! Here, some homemade pancakes and scrambled eggs." Anthea placed the ceramic plate down on the floral printed table. Your throat was tied into a tight knot as you saw the plate fully filled with aromatic pastries.

      It was how Ilsung once prepared for you breakfast on days that you felt too lazy to even walk out of bed or even having such torturous menstrual cramps that every woman don't wish to have. It was definitely like a carbon copy of it - how the food was neatly placed as the stains of oil were to be seen and juices from the scrambled eggs spilled out, giving you a watery mouth. Tears started b to the right end of your eyes as you clenched your fist tightly, trying to push away the unwanted emotions. With a sigh, you sat down and took a bite from each dish; trying to give a splendid compliment as how finger good it was eventhough the heart burn still bothered you.

 

how do you think about the fanfic so far guys?

comment down below & don't forget to subscribe, upvote!

p.s. sorry for the totally horrible poster ><