032

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ FEARS // CHAPTER 32

 

     Day after day you kept fearing for yourself. You never dared to sleep alone, either you would sleep on the stiff velvet couch in the living room or Daehyun had to accompany you till you eventually fall asleep. During working hours, you too kept falling asleep on the counter or near the pillars. You never had enough sleep, being woken up in the middle of the night. Everyday you kept fearing for the person to come and find you. It definitely confused you, who would want to haunt you down? Most of all, what have you done to receive such treatment? Everything was out of hand and you were merely afraid of your own safety. Apart from that, you realised that guy that came recently to the café had been coming for more frequent visits. He would often order the same beverage too, staying there for approximately an hour every evening. It was no doubt that his dark presence never failed to send shivers down your shallow spine. The bad omen that you had from the horrific nightmare seemed to be reading your own fortune. You then started to look out for your own safety every single time you were working night shifts, hoping that whenever he visits the café, nothing unexpected would happen.

         You sighed, using the damp towel to wipe the table till it was spotless. The once hectic afternoon turned into a less bustling café as you got ready to lazily walk back home. Checking the last gas valve in the kitchen and making sure that everything was in place, you locked the huge glass door and started pushing yourself through the crowds. It was like any usual evening, the crowds started pouring in and you had to put in extra strength to go through the crowds as they started to swallow you. Other than the suffocating crowd, the walk back home was a breather and it gave you a little excuse to slip in an exercise. The walk back home was not ridiculously long but at times like this, you wished that Daehyun would have stayed nearer so that you would not have to drag yourself back to his house. The dark was creeping in and you detested it. Your eyes shot through the open street and cocked your head to the other side - the narrow alley. You panted, walking through the narrow bricked alley without much deliberation. You did not want to waste your time walking back home and thus, taking the shorter route.

         The silence was accompanying you back home, the sound of your rubber sole squishing through the slightly muddy and murky puddles. You then stopped to a halt in the middle of the alley. Your eyes scrutinizing the area and cracking your brains thinking, why the hell does everything seemed so familiar? With a loud sigh, you finally got the answer. It was the place where Anthea died, the place where you saw the bad omen going against yourself. You shivered. Shaking your head vigorously, you did not want to think about the past anymore and so you continued on with the journey when something from the end of your eyes caught your attention.

         A tall yet well-built young man was standing nearly 10 metres away from you, his outstanding broad shoulders threatening you. His face could not be seen by his also black coloured beanie that came almost to the tip of his eyebrows. He flexed his shoulders and walked towards your direction, taking one step then the other. You walked too, this time taking small and cautious steps. You felt something amiss when you were walking. Something called to you, trying to say that he was a dangerous person. Right after you thought about that, he was close enough to be able to grab your thin arm with just the palms of his hand. Your hand jerked together but his grip was too strong to allow you to fight over him. He then pinned you to the wall, not too harsh. Your once steady heartbeat was by now beating rapidly and you hitched a breath. Now that he was almost close to your face, you saw his thick eyebrows that were shaped perfectly straight. The palms of your hands was sweating and your eyes shot up when you saw his infamous black hoodie. He was the guy that would often come to your café when it was nearing closing time. Your stomach churned and turned into a tight knot, you started to feel sick. He then let out a soft yet frustrated sigh, hanging his head down low. His slender fingers travelled to your face as he soothingly carressed your warm cheeks. His soft touch somehow warmed your heart and he buried his face onto your shoulder, sniffing it slightly.

         With a not-so deep voice and a sigh, he cleared his throat. "I missed you.." He warmly placed his hands onto your other shoulder. You blinked your eyes numerous times, you were confused yet you did not want to let go of him. "W-Who the are you." You picked up your courage and questioned, which sounded more like a statement. The atmosphere came to a still and all you could hear was his steady breathing. Soon, he lifted up his head from your shoulders and you were tempted enough to take your slender legs away from him.

         He was danger, you knew it - maybe a psychopath. But then your heart told you to stay, maybe there was something that he wanted to prove. Slowly gripping the end of the beanie, he slid it open to reveal his light blonde hair that had streaks of brown highlights. He then lifted up his head to see yours and you shook. His eyes that were unlike anybody's, a bright emerald green colour almost stopped you from breathing.

         It was Ilsung. Ilsung, the guy that you once admired the most and also the one that left you hanging. You hitched a breath once again, not believing his existance right in front of you. Then, your heart beat started to pump faster - it was the kind of feeling when you had anxiety. His once cold-hearted eyes that would send daggers right through your face were now seen as weak, half-moon once.

         Before you were able to speak up, Ilsung's fingers started travelling to your neck and near your jawline. It sent a shrivelling cold right down your spine. With the dark past that haunted you, you swiftly took his hand away which was probably not the best decision ever. His once puppy-like eyes were now piercing through your soul as he tried to come closer again in attempt. Instead, you shoved his shoulders by using your hands. "Get the away from me, you ." You cursed, mouth babbling incoherent words right after that. The way he touched your skin was deceiving yet tempting enough to make you fall for him. His face that caught your heart had a huge scar imprinted onto his right cheek that seemed like it was slashed by a cat. His lips that were so close made you tempted enough to smack yours onto his. You hated this feeling yet you love it too.

         By hearing the painful words that slurred of your tongue, Ilsung then raged. His eyes turned slightly redder than ever. "I ing missed you, did you know that!" He hollered on top of his lungs, using his clenched fist and punching the red bricked wall. He held your neck caressly at first but then it started to become violent, as if he was choking you to death. You cried for help, yelping and kicking your legs hoping that it would make him release the grip. He let out a soft whimper, the hot tears coming from his eyes seemed more evident than before. He sighed, releasing his grip while you dropped yourself onto the cold floor. His touch still lingered and you started to remember why you detested him. You shivered in the cold but for know, you were not concerned about your safety. You were more concerned about Ilsung when you heard the soft cries that escaped from his mouth. The crystallised tears came rolling down his matte cheeks and you were shocked, a mixture of guilt and worriedness washed your entire body.

         Never in your entire life had you ever heard or seen him cry. The Ilsung that you knew had always been the one who would engulf himself in his own anger. He was the kind of person that you thought would never have any other feelings other than anger. Listening to him sobbing was painful to hear but you were afraid of him to even console him. Ilsung choked onto his own tears and his already swollen and red puffy-looking eyes shot up to you. He did not say a thing to break the dead silence. You stared at him, you felt terrible. Now you have already saw him at his weakest point. Without having a word to say no more, he stood up - placing his hoodie over his head and shoving his palms deep into his pockets - turned to the other side of the alley and trudged away from you. Before he vanished through the white fog, he turned to meet his eyes with yours again.

         "I'm sorry.." His voice broke and you could have sworn that you heard the sadness in his voice. You bit your trembling lips and picked yourself up together, brushing away the dirt from your pants.

         The night was a nightmare for you as you hustled back home, taking your brittle legs as fast as you can to get away from the voices in your head. As soon as you reached Daehyun's apartment, you did not bothered to greet him and went straight into your room. You locked yourself in your room instantly. The voices inside your head kept bugging you and you were confused yourself because of Ilsung. All these while, he was the guy who often visit the café and he was just disguising himself. It was a horror knowing that he had followed you back home. You were really befuddled - you were missing him as hell but yet the love that you had for him was not as strong as before - and you could not get yourself together. Everything in your life was starting to get chaotic and you never expected to see Ilsung again. You huddled yourself on the bed, rocking back and forth to calm yourself down. Would it be a bad thing that he had found you on the way back home? Doesn't that mean that he would visit you more often? And was he really meaning it when he said he missed you?

         A stray tear escaped from the brims of your eye and your body immediately shivered when the horrific nightmare came flashing through your eyes yet again. The familiar hoodie and all-black clothing that you saw in your nightmare was exactly the same as Ilsung's outfit. The atmosphere went cold and silent. You blanked into space. Everything finally made sense now. The bits and pieces of nightmare that you had experienced finally came together as they tried to show you your bad omen. You were beyond amazed, Ilsung was haunting you down. It was hard to believe that he would do such a thing but you were sure of the conclusion. But then you hesitated, doubting about your own thoughts. Were you sure that you were even sane? What if all of these are just happening because of your depression that was taken to a much extreme level? Your life was bizzare. If it was true that Ilsung were to haunt you down, you had to get out of here. Get out of Daehyun's house.

         Besides, you cannot be depending too much on Daehyun to let you stay in his apartment and not pay. It also felt wrong to have the both of you living in the same roof. You slowly slid yourself under the woolen covers of your blanket, you had to find a house for you to stay permanently. The sounds of birds were chirping enthusiastically from your window, finding back their homes in the dark moonlight, while your eyes started drooping. The night continued to creep in and the once busy streets that were filled with cars were now peace and quiet.

         You were tired, very tired. Soon, your eyelids allowed themselves to close and you fell asleep with the thought of Ilsung haunting you down.

 

yay another update! x)

pls subscribe for more chapters & vote too!!!