003

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 3 // HOPE RISES

 

   The next morning, you were awake earlier than before. The streams of sunlight shone in the bedroom, giving enough light. You were still in your stained and bedraggled torn clothes. It was half past 10 as you took a peek outside, sensing that Daehyun wasn't awake yet. You wanted to get out of this house fast. It wasn't like you didn't like staying here but it would be a burden if you do so. You walked past the bed after making it and saw a neatly folded pair of clothes. It was a basic v-neck tee and skinnies. Daehyun must've came inside and placed it here for you. You folded and placed it back neatly on top of the bed before tip-toeing to the living room. Nobody was there as you took small steps to the front door, unlocking the doorknob slowly without any noise.

     "Where are you going?" You turned, only to find Daehyun wide awake with his white wife beater on him.

     You straightened yourself, "Out of here." Daehyun shook his head as he took you by the hand but you quickly yanked it away from his grip, looking uncomfortable as ever. "Do you have anywhere else to go? Why are you still in those clothes?" He pointed to your greasy and smeared clothes as he inquired. You looked down to your shirt, sighing a little before looking back at him emotionless.

     "I can find a place." You said shortly. Daehyun shook his head, not approving of your stubborness. He made his way to the guest room as he took both of the shirt and skinnies, passing it to you. "Even if you're going off, go and take a shower first." You shook your head, politely declining but Daehyun shove the clothes back into your grip. You sighed, accepting it gladly while going off into the showers. As the hot streams of water came in contact with your body, you started cracking your brains on which places you should go to find a suitable temporary place to stay. You can't be staying in someone's house for too long and besides, Daehyun wasn't even close to you. After you were done having a long and satisfying bath, you slid the clothes onto your thin body and got ready to walk off. You were quite surprised that the clothes actually fit your size except for the pants that were a little baggy which you didn't mind at all.

     "Here, have some bread." Daehyun took out the loaf of bread from the plastic as he laid some on the chopping board, spreading some jam on it. You shook your head, "I'm good." You took your leather jacket and went pass Daehyun, wanting to open the doorknob as he suddenly grabbed you by the wrist. His grip was tight as you quickly yanked it away, still feeling uncomfortable due to the grip. He passed you a slice of sandwhich that was well made into your palm. "You need something to store up your energy. Now go, you said you wanted to leave." He munched on his other sandwhich as he took a seat on the dining table. You took the sandwhich into your grip as you said softly but clearly enough for him to hear, "Thanks, I appreciate it." He just gave a slight nod as you made your way out of his apartment, still wobbling in your frailed legs. 

     You wandered off the streets alone, bringing your brittle legs together with you. Your mind was bare, not even having a clue on where you should be heading to. The bright scorching sunlight was still up above your head as you trudged on, continuing the search for a affordable place to stay in. As you continued on your dreading journey, you munched on the sandwich that you received earlier on to fill your stomach in the meanwhile. "Urm hi, do you have a room for rent? I saw the banner pasted outside." You greeted politely questioning the old woman who had her clutches beside her arms about the huge 'room for rent' banner that was posted right in front of the rusty old fence.

     "Oh yes. There is still another room that is left to be rented. Are you interested?" She gave you her wizened smile as the wrinkles from her forehead gave in. You have to admit that even with those wrinkles she had on her, she still looked beautiful as ever. "Please dear, come in. We'll have a talk about it." She invited you inside the house and slowly closed the green wooden door behind her. Her house was amazing. The interior of the house was simply stunning as there were elegant pieces plasted on the walls of it. It gave you a strong impression that she was a rather chic and classy person. There were rather old, antique pieces of paintings and furnitures placed around the living room. The decors were simply outrageous as they caught your eye the first thing you entered the house. It was a faded pink and purple floral print canvas wallpaper.

     "Here, sit down and have some tea. The name's Anthea." She patted to the chair in front of you and shoved you a cup of tea while beaming as the sides of her eyes showed some of her small wrinkles. You nodded, slowly and gently taking small steps to the chair. "You have a very beautiful house." You complimented. The woman gave you a small smile as she sip the cup that she had just prepared. "I assume you're looking a room for rent? I still have one room available, if that's what you're looking for." She placed her palm overlapped with the other. You nodded and took a sip from the cup of tea. "May I know how's the payment would be like if I were to rent it?" You questioned, furrowing your eyebrows a little. The woman tilted her head upwards a little as she blinked her fluttering eyelids countless times, probably deep in her own thoughts. She clasped her creased hands and showed a stunning teeth grin.

     "How about $350 per month?" Your mouth opened slightly agape, stunned by the pay rent. The amount can be affordable to others but you were surprised by it. You hadn't been able to get a stable job ever since you moved in with Ilsung. Neither did he let you find a job, saying that he would be able to support the two of you. As gullible as any woman would be, you earned his trust and believed all of his false words that was now falling down the drain.

     Even if you were to find a job, what kind would be suitable for you?

     For now, you were desperate for a place to stay. "I'm having trouble with money. Would you be able to drop it to $300?" You bargained, biting your lower lip as a habit that you had always gained when you're anxious. The woman pursed her lips together and squint her small almond eyes a little. "You look pretty decent to me, almost like someone who have a stable salary." She retorted as you lowered your gaze on her. "Fine then, how about $250? It's a pretty good deal that I bargained just for a modest person like you." You widened your eyes a little and nodded. "Fine then, you can move in anytime you want and I don't mind." She assured you as you shook your hand with her wrinkled ones.

     After all the bargain and agreement, you took some time to check out the entire house. Thankfully, everything in your room was furnished. Eventhough almost all the furniture looked old and dusty, you were glad enough that you wouldn't have to spend your money on something brand new. The room wasn't small neither was it too large for yourself, just nice. There was a brown wooden vanity stand placed at the corner of the room and also a large queen sized bed that seemed brand new. All of the essentials that you need were already furnished, in which you are glad that you wouldn't have to fork out money to buy a brand new furniture. You sighed a little as you stood in front of the door, witnessing the whole room before you. This is where you're going to live for a year or so till you get a much better apartment after having a stable job, something that you can barely afford. This would also be the place where you'll eventually start a new life all over again. A place where you could be by yourself, engulfed in it's own peace and not worry about anything unlike before.

     Finally, you were settled in your own room but for now, you have to find a permanent job. Something that could actually allow you to last for more than six months. As the sunlight was still scorching on top of your head, it was unbelievably cold as usual as you stuffed yourself with two layers of hoodie and a leather jacket. You strutted your way around the neighbourhood, trying to find a vacant job. Your skinny legs were still sore as you doubt that it would give in anytime, collapsing to the hard ground but you held it in for as long as you can. Everywhere you go, there were no jobs available at all.

     You honestly didn't care if the job wasn't up to your liking, you needed the money to support yourself from now on. That was what it all matters for now. As the day was gone effortlessly, you decided to go back home to end the day. You walked out the shop full off savoury smells and ambled to the bustling crowd. Maybe today wasn't your day as there were no jobs available everywhere around the neighbourhood. As the once pastel blue sky now turned into a darkish grey, thunders from every side started to boom as everyone took their slender legs to find shelter. As you dreaded your legs to find cover, you were already drenched in rain water and shivering like a chihuahua.

     Gratefully, there was a small shelter placed right beside the bus stop as there were a number of people taking cover from the rain too. You wrapped your leather jacket and huddled it more towards your body, huffing and puffing to give out heat to your body. As the rain started pouring much more, your stomach started grumbling as it makes unwanted noises. You grabbed the pits of your stomach and groaned. It was nearly lunch now and you hadn't had any proper food ever since this morning.

     You took your unstable legs somewhere else to find a place where there's probably cheap food. As you waited for the traffic to turn green, the thunder started to boom as lightning struck to the ground. The sounds of rain pitter and pattered on the ground could be heard as it started to rain heavily unlike before.

 

Hey guys, so how do you find the fanfic so far?

I know it's only been 3 chapters & I'm sorry for not updating after a week ;-;

I'll be updating one more bonus chapter either late today or tomorrow so stay tuned!

Please do comment what your thoughts are cause it'll really make me feel happy and appreciated (:

Please recommend this fanfic to your friends or anybody else cause you won't regret reading it.

I'm not boasting but I just enjoy writing it & I want other people to enjoy reading it (':

Comment, Subscribe & Upvote!

It'll make a difference and Daehyun would love it too <3

10580898-256-k954957.jpg