036

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 36

 

     The atmosphere in the area started to drop drastically and you shivered both in fear and cold. Jaewook still had his grip onto your scalp and you whinced in pain. Daehyun was now kneeling onto his knees while the rest of the members were holding him onto his arms. Ilsung was lying on the floor helplessly while one of the guys held him down using his leg. "What do you want from us?" Your dry throat called out towards Jaewook. His eyes once again sent you the painful glare as he leaned in closer towards your neck. He sniffed your neck and a small smile was tugged onto the end of his mouth. You could feel the tingle when he breathed and it made you feel uncomfortable.

         "Firstly, your grandma did not pay off her debts so now, I'm putting you in charge to pay me back." He loosened his grip onto the roots of your hair and your face using his forefinger in which you tried to brush it off. "Secondly, I got to know that this douche was related to you." His forefinger pointed towards Ilsung. Let me just say that he had caused trouble in this gang so I thought it would be even fun to mess around with you." He let out a dry laugh that instantly sent cold shivers down your hollow spine. You gulped, his eyes that bore into your soul meant business and you did not like the way his tone was speaking to you. He was too intimidating for you to be staring at him in the eye. "But I guess today I got lucky." He turned towards Daehyun who was almost coughing out blood. A huge ball of pain and anger brushed inside your body.

         All of this were about your grandmother's long awaited debts that had not been paid, so why in the hell was he involving Daehyun and Ilsung into this? You shuddered as you heard Daehyun's panic scream and growl. Ilsung on the other hand was trying to break free from the tight grip - punching the members and pinning them on the ground but it never worked because he was against 3 guys. Jaewook casually walked towards Daehyun as he grabbed his hair tightly. Daehyun's lip started to bleed and you felt terrible looking at his distressed state. Jaewook whispered something into his ear before letting out a menacing growl and a mindblowing punch right onto Daehyun's flat stomach that made him cripple onto the ground. You were astounded and the anger started piling inside your body. This have to stop. You mustered your courage and squeaked. "Let them go." Jaewook stopped whatever he was doing and turned towards your direction while letting out a smirk. He let out another laugh before cracking his knuckles.

         You turned towards Ilsung's direction where he was biting his lower lip. He caught your eyes and mouthed something which you were not able to decipher. He tried for another attempt. "I'm sorry.." He mumbled, stray tears slowly fell onto his cheeks. You choked onto your own tears and shook your head at his direction, informing him that none of these was his fault.

          On the other hand, Daehyun was calling out your name and coughing severely. You shivered as Jaewook started walking casually towards you. You have to stop this before it gets any worse. None of these should be happening if you were to be extra careful and paid your grandmother's debt. None of them would get hurt and somehow, you felt guilty. Daehyun shook his head ferociously to stop you from challenging Jaewook. You had no choice. Jaewook's eyes started to shoot fires, "What did you say? I didn't hear you." Your eyes twitched and you knew that Jaewook hate being challenged. His eyes that were slowly turning red in irritation made you feel small.

          You breathed in a huge breath before calling out his name. "I said let them go. All of these is because of the debts and it's only between you and me. So I beg you, let them go." The guys fidgeted in their own position, clearly uncomfortable. Jaewook let out his low yet maniac laugh that rang through your eardrums. What have you put yourself into, you thought. Seeing how Daehyun and Ilsung was crippling down onto their knees made your stomach churn in a bad way. Jaewook did not move an inch and before you knew it, his clenched fist hurled towards your direction as it hit your tight jaw. The tight punch made you cripple down onto the hard floor and your vision blurred. Right after you fell onto the floor, you heard screamings and shoutings from the side. You were not sure what was happening. Your head was too heavy. Then, you felt someone tugging onto the ends of your hair. "You listen here, if you do not pay the exact sum, their lives will be at hold." Jaewook's husky and deep voice lingered through your ears but you never did understood.

         The huge impact between your face and the punch completely made your mind haywire. You were not able to process whatever he was saying. Your heart was pumping out blood towards your brain and you felt suffocated. You could not stand up for a moment. You heard the similar screamings from Daehyun and Ilsung which made you have the urge to help them out. You opened your eyes but it stung. It took you a solid minute to blink profusely, trying to steady the blurred vision. Surprisingly, you found yourself alone in the narrow alley. Daehyun and Ilsung were not found, neither did Jaewook. You grunted, placing your palm onto the bricked floor and regaining your whole strength to push yourself up. You then held onto the pillars of the building, slowly making your way out of the narrow alley. Your jaw still hurt and so was your head which was throbbing with pain.

         As you got closer, there were distinct noises coming from the direction that you were moving towards. There was a scream and then a low, familiar grunt. Your legs pushed further, gaining your speed. "Shut the up!" Jaewook hollered. You got closer, only to realise that all of them were huddling amongst themselves near the roadside. You saw a body lying lifelessly while the other had it's knees on the ground. Your heart stopped as you saw the familiar hazelnut brown coloured hair laying on the floor. No, it cannot be. The quarrel went on for a few more minutes and you were dumbfounded to even move an inch. A loud growl frightened you as you saw the group expanding by itself. Jaewook was holding someone by their hair as he pulled him to stand. This was the end, you thought. The guy whom Jaewook was grabbing by his hair fought back. Hard.

         He used his elbow to punch Jaewook's flat stomach which made him growl in pain. He fought the other mens, pushing them and shoving them across the pavement. And before you knew it, he was able to escape as he made his way across the road to free himself. A loud screech was heard then a bang. The guy was hit by a car. A black, not-so shiny car but it was definitely an expensive one. Due to the sudden accident, all of the men that was huddling together - including Jaewook - hurried to escape from the scene. Your heart was weak and nothing was able to come out from your mouth. But you mustered your courage, taking a step at a time to identify the guys.

         "No.." You mumbled, crying out as you saw the head that was lying lifelessly on the ground. It was Ilsung. There was a pool of blood right beside his head and you went completely numb. Squating down, you tried to lift his head and you were not able to identify if he was breathing. His chest was not heaving up and down. Upon the scene, you immediately knew who got hit by the car. Both of them were lying flat on their chest and there was nothing you could do. Before, your hands were numb but now, your whole body became weak. You held the sides of your head and cried hysterically. Hot tears streaming down your cheeks continuously after seeing the bodies sleeping deadly onto the ground. Fishing out your phone from your pocket - with trembling fingers - you dialled the cops without hesitation.

         "911, what's your emergency?" You gulped, lips quivering with fear and anger. "I have two men with me, they're i-injured." Your voice became smaller and smaller that you could barely hear your own voice. "T-they've been involved in a fight. Please, I'm begging you to send someone here!"