027

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 27 // HUSTLE & BUSTLE

 

     As the morning sunlight peeped through the wooden blinds of the window pane, you were already woken up by yourself as a small yawn was given off. You blinked and squinted your eyes through the whole room, trying to figure out your jumbled morning thoughts. The warmth of the morning sunlight hit directly onto your skin as it encouraged you to continue snuggling in your blanket even more. But then your eyes widened and you pushed away the blanket with anxiety. You felt something amiss. Craning your head to the side table where a small, metallic alarm clock that gave off a retro feeling indicated that it was half past 9 in the morning. You looked down to your shirt and pants, using your palm to rub your own skin as it was bothering you. It was odd for you to not sweat right after a deep sleep because normally, your sweat was able to accumulate the whole bucket due to the nightmares that would haunt you. You then bit your lip, for the past few days, nothing came to haunt you in your sleep which was both bizzare yet scary. For the whole time that you stayed in Daehyun's, nothing bothered to persuade you to think about the past memories which you felt truly grateful. Other than that, you also feared for the absence of it because it might be a setback to a much horrific nightmare.

         You then sighed, starting off your morning with an icy cold shower and a cup of milk which was placed unattended onto the counter. At that point, the whole morning seemed peaceful and you felt as if it was somewhat a healing time for yourself. You walked around the house aimlessly and browsed through every single magazine that you could find. You then walked towards the television area and there were a number of miniature knick knack gifts placed onto the waist-height table. Other than that, a row of different photo frames were also placed onto it and you had never realised how Daehyun's edgy apartment complemented with his other housing furnitures or accesories that seemed more to the feminine side. Picking up one of the photo frames, you stared at it intently as you saw the forever dashing Jung Daehyun flashing his smile before the camera. Right beside him was a young woman who had her hands gently wrapped around his slim waist - the sides of her eyes creasing to show her glinting eye smile and her plump lips that were pressed firmly amongst each other.

         "Good morning.." A groggy and annoyed voice called out as you turned to see Daehyun standing right beside the couch while he dried his hair using a wet towel. You set the photo frame right onto it's original position, looking at him in awe while he threw the towel to the other side of the room right after he was done drying his hair. "Had a good sleep?" He questioned, plopping himself down onto the velvet couch, flipping through the newspapers on the coffee table. You nodded, pressing your lips together and persuading him that you had an amazing sleep last night.

         The morning went off well as Daehyun decided to call up the breakfast delivery. Your eyes wandered around the whole dining table, scrutinizing the gourmet breakfast and gulping down your saliva one by one. Your stomach then growled, warning you to fill it up but you cringed your face slightly. Just looking at the foods lightened you up but you were unsure if you could finish almost half of it. The low growling and hearty burp that you heard jolted you awake as you looked up, seeing how Daehyun was so focused into eating while gulping down the food one by one like someone who hadn't ate any food for a few days. You then took back your words, it's no doubt that with Daehyun's large appetite, he is able to finish the food for you. "You have a great family." You pointed out, slowly spooning mouthful of food into your small mouth.

         Daehyun narrowed his eyes, unsure what you were talking about as he raised a brow. "The frames that you had at the front, you have an admiring family." You repeated your sentence which sent a different reaction from Daehyun, the side of his mouth was pulled into a small yet admiring smile. You swallowed the bits and pieces of the moist cake and gulped down the whole glass of water to clean your thirst. "Your sister is beautiful too." You continued on talking about his family, and you honestly admired how the expressions in the photo was able to capture the joyful moments. Daehyun gave off another knitted brow as the wrinkles that were formed onto his forehead became more prominent. He stopped chewing upon his food, "What?.." He called out, telling you to repeat the question again and so you did. Clearing your throat, you started off your sentence. "In the picture, you were holding that girl remember. I believe that's your sister. She's pretty." A genuine smile creeped up onto your face, fiddling with the crumpled tissue paper. Daehyun's once confused expression turned into slightly calmed but furious eyes could be seen.

          His hands were clenched right below the table and he tried to control his emotions. You saw how the veins on his neck relaxed and contracted in which you started to doubt if whatever you said came out wrong. From the hearty appetite that you had witnessed, Daehyun dropped his plate into the sink and tightened his jaw, controlling his anger to the best of his ability.

         Yet again, you had your eyes onto his broad back and analysed through your question. Had you said something incredibly wrong? Daehyun placed his palms onto the rims of the sink as he leaned his head down, "She's not my sister." He said shortly. A small 'oh' escaped through your mouth and it confused you even further. So, why was he angry about it? The once joyful morning breakfast turned into an awkward silence and you started being aware of the words that slurred out of your tongue. He kept silent as he took his phone and threw it onto the couch, letting out a frustrated sigh. You were puzzled, did you really said something that infuriated him?

         For almost 20 minutes, the silence in the house creeped through your whole body and you shuddered as if you heard a needle drop. For no particular reason, you felt guilty as Daehyun hadn't talked to you right after the topic of 'his sister' came about. The need to talk to him tickled under your skin. "Did I do something wrong?" The way he swiftly slid his slender fingers through his hazelnut brown hair seemed so charming as he shut his eyelids, biting his inner cheek and doubting himself. Then he shook his head vigorously and pinched the bridge of his nose. You clasped your fingers tightly. "She was someone that I wish I wouldn't have met." The air turned still and you hitched a breath, listening to his low tone somehow terrified you. He clenched his fist, the purple veins became prominent as he tried to control his anger that seemed to be rising every second. According to his tone, you knew that you wouldn't want to try and agitate him even further. For almost half a day seemed tensed as Daehyun didn't tried to talk and it bothered you knowing that it was somehow your fault. The warm sunlight that would shine through the thin lace curtain slowly hid behind the trees as a cold breeze swept through and tangling your hair. With your eyes fixed onto the magazine before you, you didn't noticed Daehyun getting ready to go out.

         He cleared his throat by letting out a harsh cough while throwing over his infamous thick woolen structured coat that grips his body firmly. "Let's go." You blinked your eyes numerously, settling the magazine down onto the coffee table. "To where?" The once grim loking expression changed to a slightly small smile that would make your heart flutter without you even realising it. He let out a small wink, "You'll know when we get there." And so the both of you went out for an adventure, bustling through the crowds once again.

         Daehyun let out a small laugh, he liked bustling through the crowds now and then with you since it gave him an excuse to hold you tight by his side and protect you. "Hold on to me." He said while grabbing your thin wrist gently and placing it onto his arm, telling you to grip it and not let go. You did as you were told, holding onto him while moving through the huge crowd that seemed to be pushing you like currents from the waves. You walked even further and panted, you were really out of shape unlike Daehyun. The whole journey went on and soon, you found yourself going deeper into the town area. Curiosity dugged deep into your skin and you were starting to wonder what did Daehyun actually planned. Nonetheless, you kept following his pace through the crowded city area in which admired you the most. You sighed, it must've been awhile since you went to the town area - you can barely even remember your favourite clothing shop! The crowded and hyped atmosphere didn't made you realised how dark the area had changed into - the salmon sky was overcasted by a fluffy grey cloud that soon allowed moonlight to seep through it. The town was painted with vibrant and loud city lights that fascinated you. Everything seemed so surreal as it took your breath away, witnessing the different walks of life bustling their way through the crowd in the middle of the night.

         The both of you then stopped at the corner of the street, waiting right in front of a modern-looking café. Coincidentally wherever you go with Daehyun, it must involve cafés. Extending out his slender forefinger, he then said, "Wait here." He then pushed through the door, making his way to the counter and ordered something off the menu. After a long shove through the crowd, Daehyun finally succeeded coming out alive from the packed café. "Tab's on me, I took the usual one for you." He handed over a steaming white cup that had delicate floral patterns on it. You let out a small smile and took it into your grip, slowly sipping into the straw. Daehyun then laughed, "Haven't seen you smile a genuine smile before. Definitely got to see that often cause it suits your pretty face." He complimented as you found your cheeks turned rosy, teeth biting the lower inner lip to contain the radiant blush.

         You shook your head in disagreement, "I told you not to spoil me over with coffees. It's not a good thing if I have too many caffeine in me." The city lights shone through the darkness as it reflected into Daehyun's pure black pupils. He let out a stifled laugh that tickled your heart. "C'mon, I want to show you something." Then, the both of you went into the crowds again, using all your power to push through the bulky mens. It was tedious for you to navigate your way through the whole hustle and bustle but you stayed close to Daehyun, tugging onto his shirt every now and then that seemed too natural.

         After moving together with the crowd, you found yourself looking over a huge building that was overcasted by bright yellow display lights. Right when you thought the exterior of the building blew you away, the interior of it was even more amazing as it gave you a luxurious feel. From the look of the crystals hanging from the ceiling, the incredible glass looking interior and cream stoned walls gave off the direct hotel feel. Your eyes were wide open with awe, admiring the design of the hotel and it's grand atmosphere. Even those who roamed around the area seemed so fashionable and rich. Your eyebrows then furrowed by itself, what were you doing here? Daehyun scurriedly made his way to one of the counters, leaning his body onto the wall. "Is there any way I can get access to the rooftop?" The hotel's staff widened her eyes and was taken aback, looking stunned as ever.

         She then let out a snobbish laugh, her fake voluptous lashes flashed up and down as she judged Daehyun. You witnessed the way her eyes aimed at him and you didn't liked it. She then scoffed, "It's off limits for visitors. Only for those who pay high rents in the VIP suites are allowed." You watched over as the two rambled on their small debate. The end of Daehyun's mouth pouted slightly as he then slammed a palm onto the counter, sliding his slender fingers into one of the pockets of his bottoms."I'll make a deal." He said shortly after, placing a thin matte black card and a pink one onto the counter. "Here's my credit card & ID. You give me the access to go to the rooftop and if I'm not down in more than 10 minutes, you can report me."

         The woman opened to retaliate but then her facial expression relaxed by itself, her teeth biting her lower lip in reconsideration. You saw how her eagle eyes narrowed around the surroundings as she was careful enough to slide her hand through one of the drawers under the counter. Daehyun waited patiently and a small smirk was formed onto the end of his mouth. You were befuddled as how the both of them exchanged same glances. "10 minutes." She stated, placing a transparent landyard onto Daehyun's empty palm that had a card right inside of it. Daehyun nodded as he then took you by the arm, walking swiftly towards the elevator before it was able to shut close. "What just happened?" Daehyun let out a dry laugh as he then narrowed his eyes at you, pressing his thin forefinger onto his lips. As the elevator continued to travel, the more curious you were to know where you were heading to. Finally, the elevator was almost vacant except for the both of you. It continued to travel upwards again till the highest level which was the 50th storey.

         Before you were able to step out of the lift, Daehyun immediately placed his hands right onto your eyelids to cover them. You shuddered as soon as he covered your eyes, terrified that something bad might happen to you. Several irrational thoughts came flashing before and you were scared for no particular reason. "Stay still." He ordered, lowering the tone of his voice and you followed what he said. Daehyun smiled a little as he felt how your small body shivered right beside his. His heart palpilated as soon as you passed every single storey and he was anxious - anxious to see how your reaction would be. Then, the elevator let out a loud ding sound indicating that the both of you have already reached to the top of the building. Daehyun's palm was still on your eyelids as he directed you slowly to the desired place. He whispered into your ear, moving to the left or the right till he told you to stop.

         Slowly and gently, he let go off his palm as you blinked your eyes furiously to steady the vision. Your once squinted eyes were now widened by itself as your jaw dropped to the floor in such amazement.

 

i apologise for not updating as much as before guys!

been too busy with school & basically my life

trying to get back on the grind for writing so expect more updates! ;-)

comment more pls :(