039

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 39 // REMEMBER

 

 

     You hitched a breath and your heart almost shattered into a million pieces. You stared at his angelic face and was at loss of words. You almost forgot how to knot a sentence for a moment – opening and closing your mouth but nothing came out. “I.. I’m one of your closest friends.” You stuttered. You did not want to tell him that you were more than a ‘close friend’ – not yet.  Daehyun closed his eyes for a moment, trying to recollect his memories and you could see how hard he was trying to focus. Finally, he let out a painful wince while holding the side of his forehead. “Guess I’m still losing it. How long was I sleeping actually?” He placed his palms onto the bed, pushing himself so that he was able to sit upright while you placed his pillow onto a much comfortable place.

         “Three months to be exact. You were hibernating.” You teased, falling onto the fluffy cushion of the chair once again. Daehyun let out a chuckle. He laughed. You made him laugh. It was so good hearing his laughter after so long and you felt at ease again. The sides of his cheeks rose up and his smile almost reached to the sides of his ears. He was letting out a sincere smile, the one that you fell in love with. His laughter was so deep yet it was so mesmerising. “I’ve always wanted to hibernate,” He returned your tease. “By the way, what happened to me?” He fiddled with the bandage that was wrapping on the upper part of your head. There was a slight stain of blood plasted onto the bandage. A small smile was tugged onto the corner of your mouth as you let out a chuckle, “Let’s not talk about it for now since you need some rest. Are you hungry or thirsty? I could buy you some food.”

         Daehyun let out yet another one of his sincere smile that sent a slight tingle of butterflies in your stomach and shook his head. “I’m not that hungry. Just stay with me for now.” He stated, placing his head onto the fluffy pillow while he closed his eyes. You did not want to tell him about his accident for now because there would be too much pressure for him to handle. He had just recovered from a coma and you wanted to give him some time to rest, besides you were not ready to inform him about the past. About our past, you thought. You listened to what Daehyun said, you stayed beside him for as long as you can remember.

         The sky that was once tinted with a light salmon colour, now turned to a much darker grey which overcasted dark shadows onto the concrete floor. You let out a stifled yawn, stretching yourself from your position and blinked numerous times. It was almost in the evening and you had completely fallen asleep next to Daehyun. Soon, your stomach started growling – calling out for food. You looked over to the bed and saw Daehyun’s eyelids were still closed shut. You then took the chance to slip into your crisp suit and made your way out of the room, leaving Daehyun alone while he was sleeping soundly. Taking your slender legs, you then made your way down to the basement where the cafeteria was. Surprisingly, the cafeteria was not packed at all. None of the stalls were bombarded with long queues and you let out a sigh. You hated long lines so it was good that there were not much customers in the cafeteria.

         You bought yourself a packet of simple chicken rice to satisfy your hunger but you were slightly confused on what to get for Daehyun. According to the doctor, he had a list of dietary requirements that he have to follow but you did not know specifically what to buy for him. There was a high chance Daehyun would not have a great appetite right after recovering from his illness. You walked around the whole cafeteria, surveying the menu and finally deciding on buying a packet of chicken porridge for him.

         You looked over to the packet of porridge and smiled to yourself. A porridge can do no wrong for any convalescents. Right after buying the dinner, you hurried yourself up to Daehyun’s room. You took your slender legs as fast you can, not wanting to get caught by Daehyun since he told you to stay put with him. As you reached the front door of Daehyun’s ward, you slowly opened the wooden door and slide through it. “I told you to stay with me.” Someone said. The slightly husky and deep voice called out to you and you knew that Daehyun was awake. A mischievious smile crept onto the sides of your mouth as you turned towards Daehyun. “I’m sorry. It’s already dark and I thought I would just buy some dinner.”

         Just hearing the word ‘dinner’, Daehyun immediately shot up from his bed and his lower lip. He scurried through the two plastic bags and took out a packet of food, placing it directly onto the portable table. Before he was able to dig in, you took away the packet of food and placed it onto the bedside table. “This is mine. Here’s some porridge for the sick.” You handed out the other packet of porridge to Daehyun and he let out a disgusted face. He slowly opened up the package, revealing the hot soup that was still bubbling. Taking the spoon in his grip, he took a spoonful of the porridge and blew it before putting it inside his mouth. “I hate porridge.” He stated, his cheeks puffing up like a toddler.

         You eyed him, settling down onto your own chair and dug into your dinner. “Well, you need something to fill your empty stomach. At least I bought for you something.” You jokingly said, letting out a small laugh. Daehyun laughed along, showing off his high cheekbones while eyeing your food. He his juicy lips as you fed yourself with a spoonful of the chicken and let out a low sigh. You knew he hated porridges, well who doesn’t? Porridges are meant for the sick but there were no other food that can be easily consumed for someone who had just recovered. You looked down onto your own food, you felt bad. You witnessed how Daehyun slowly placed the porridge at the tip of his mouth and forced down the food down his throat. You then took a spoonful of the rice and chicken, holding it right in front of Daehyun. He stared at the spoon and back at you. “I was joking.” He said flatly, his eyes twinkling slightly and you rolled your eyes.

         “Daehyun, I can read through you and I know you want it. Now, open wide.” You did not know where this confidence came from but you liked it. You were never brave enough to talk to Daehyun in that way. A small smile was tugged onto the end of Daehyun’s mouth as he opened his mouth widely while you fed him the spoonful of rice. “I guess I have to start liking this kind of treatment from you eh?” You blushed, the apples of cheeks slowly turning red unknowingly. “Thanks, it tasted better when you fed it to me.”

 

don't you just hate it when a really good fanfic is completed like what am i suppose to do with my life right now....