011

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 11 // THE NIGHT WAS YOUNG

 

       Unlocking the door to your room, you threw the backpack to the corner and slammed yourself on the thick, wollen matress beneath you. You were still in your previous outfit and in your combat boots which you didn't even bothered to change. For a few hours, you started unpacking your bag as you neatly placed all of the outfits into the enormous wardrobe at the end of the room. Taking the last sheer shirt you had in the bag, your hand then travelled to a plastic cover that was placed at the extreme right pocket. Taking the cover out, you realised it was a small container in which had a beautifully packed sandwiches and a small cream coloured bottle.

            Opening it up, you could smell the aroma of the Soy Chai Latte lingering through the whole room. A smile spreaded across your face as you realised that it was possibly Daehyun who secretly hid this inside your bag. You were about to close and put it inside when a yellow post-it was sticked to the inside of the cover. It had such an elegant, cursive writing which you thought at first was printed out. The fine line from the black pen used made it much more artistic. But aside from that, you could sense the laziness in the handwriting after awhile.

           "Eat up." It read.

           The small smile was then replaced with a light chuckle. Taking a small bite from the sandwich and a sip from the coffee, you continued arranging the clothes into the wardrobe neatly and took a rest due to the exhaustion. The light creaking sounds coming from the wooden staircase right beside your bedroom indicated that Anthea was probably awake by now, trying to carefully go down the old staircase without having to make any unnecessary sound. Heaving a sigh, your eyes wandered aimlessly to the whole room when a certain piercing sound startled your eardrums. A large knot was stopping you to speak out anything and there was a voice inside your head telling you to leave. But the other one told you to stay and listen to what she has to say. Basically, you didn't know which one to listen to as the creepiness started creeping under your skin.

           "We haven't talked in a while did we?" She sounded so sweet as ever, like honey and you hated it. You hated how easy she waltz back into your life and tried to corrupt your mind again. After all these while, you promised to cut off your relationship with your inner ego but she never allowed that to happen. 

           Your fingernails were dugged to the sides of your bedsheet and you could sense the anger raging inside of you but there was some mixture of fear too. Your heart was thumping loudly, trying to break off it's ribcage and you could feel her presence near you. Her long, silky black hair was draped over her bare milky shoulder. The dark silhouette of her alluring body curves was contrasted and you grimaced, watching her walking nearer to you. You braced yourself, taking slow and steady breathing tempos. Seeing the way she walked gracefully towards you made you cringe. Her right hand daintily reached out for yours as it gestured you. "Don't be afraid, didn't you want this to go away?" Her voice pierced through your ears as it sent numerous chills down your spine. You hesitated, not wanting to recall the past and tried so hard to push her away with all your might logically. She didn't gave in and instead, she became stronger as ever to overcome your stubborness. Her slender fingers then grazed onto your milky skin and this fiery feeling started engulfed you. You started feeling dizzy as the blacks started overwhelming your whole surrounding and you felt sick to your stomach. Crying and cradling yourself, you picked up all of the courage you had and the memories started flooding in your corrupted mind.

 

***

 

           The cold air swept your jet black hair and you covered it with your dark varsity jacket hoodie. Filling your hands into the pocket, you turned the lock into the keyhole and took out the rusty key. The white house that had light silver and yellow lining on it were booming with loud cheers and songs coming from the huge speaker that was placed inside the house. Trucks and volvo cars were parked directly outside the garage door of the house and youngsters huddled amongst themselves for a chat. Some were lighting up their cigarettes while others were accompanying themselves with cold alcoholic drinks. You huffed, hiding your face under your hoodie and hurried yourself to the front door. Your whole senior class was here for the party - count that as the whole senior year of students here in the party right now. You could have lounge in your room by now, drowning yourself in your favourite Korean drama or even sleeping like a pig but your dearest best friend persuaded you to come along as she needed a company. Entering the enormous mansion, your eyes travelled everywhere as it was packed with all of the students from your school. You had never went to any party, let alone to say this will be the last time you would go to. You were not interested by the thought of hanging out with some senior classmates and getting drunk with them. You doubt you would but you were just afraid that you couldn't get over your self-conscience. Squeezing through the crowd, you immediately saw the familiar red haired girl jumping up and down joyfully on the dance floor.

          Her eyes lit up like those decorative Christmas balls and waved towards you eagerly. She took a hold of your wrist and pulled you away from the suffocating crowd. "What took you so long, dimwit? You missed all the fun!" She pointed out. You rolled your eyes in annoyance and scrunched your nose upwards. Your eyes then spotted two other guys standing right beside your best friend. You recognised one of them as the President of the Student Body. He had a really fair complexion - almost similar as yours - and his hair was also jet black but spiked upwards. He had double eyelids which was why he looked like a pretty flower boy. Somehow, he reminded you of a vampire which was described in any Twilight books how fair their complexion was, almost like pure white and that was definitely how he appeared. He had long apple-like lips in which fades into a beautiful smile and when he does smile, he had this angelic eye smile that would definitely attract any women.

          He introduced himself as Kim Himchan and you beamed in return. "This is Daehyun. Jung Daehyun." Himchan introduced his other friend that was standing right beside him. He had a much darker complexion compared to Himchan but it suited him. He bowed too and flashed his mega-watt smile which made your heart fluttered in an instant. Daehyun was his name and you recognised him as the guy who has the most admirers. He had this thick accent which would create butterflies in any girl's stomach when they heard it. Listening to the way he talk, you sense that he was from Busan as his accent would dropped unexpectedly without him thinking. His smile was simply addicting to see as his cheekbones would rise up and create a slight crease below it; his white teeth flashing before your eyes and his eye would squint a little. His hair was a tousled light brown colour and had a flat top. You beamed at him too and bowed, introducing yourself. For the whole evening, you were stuck with your best friend, Himchan and Daehyun. As the light fiery sky sinks in and turns into a slightly blue starlight sky, the energy were still pumping throught out the whole house. In other words, the night was young.

           "One shot! One shot! One shot!" They all chanted together through the huge circle as almost 20 pairs of eyes laid onto your wrinkled face with their eagerness overflowing. You gulped and stared hard at the bottle of beer right in the middle of the circle. You were joining in a game of 'Truth Or Dare' and to heat things up, you chose 'Dare' but little did you know that these people would be too eager to see you getting drunk. Your best friend's eyes bulged open from their sockets as you could see a mixture of worriedness and eager plasted onto her expression. Biting your lips, you were still contemplating of pulling yourself out of the game. All of them jeered as they saw how hesitant you were, tilting your head to the side and having the slight dissaproval of drinking it in one shot. Your nostrils flared as you realised everyone was jeering at you and without even thinking twice, you took the hold bottle in your grasp as your lips touched the round bottomed tip of the cover. The sweet yet tangy and bitterness taste of the alcohol slid down your gullet and straight down your churning stomach. You slid in more through your small mouth and you felt this certain lightness in your body like you never had which was satisfying. You wanted more but soon, your head became dizzy.

            You could hear the chatterings and cheerings coming all around you as everyone pumped their fist in the air and encouraged you. You gave out a toothy smile and took a hold of the alcohol bottle one more time, drinking it till the last drop is finished. Nobody stopped you which made you feel good and there was just something about that drink made you feel so light-headed and so good about yourself. You laughed, snorting loudly as the game still continues. Just after a few minutes, the medicine kicked in and you felt yourself spinning. Literally spinning around like a wacky old person who lost their insanity. You laughed at the most idiotic moment for no particular reason. "I should've stopped you from drinking too much." A husky voice interrupted as he scooped you up in his arms swiftly. Your eyes were still droopy and you were still laughing like an idiot. He then put you down on a seat and buckled your seatbelts on. You played with the mirror and tassles right in front of you to kill time.

            You heard a few more voices came into sight. "I'll bring her home. I know where she lives so don't worry." His voice turned into a much serious tone. Playing around with the ends of your hair, you sent a toothy grin to Daehyun who entered the car right after that and waved at him. "Adorable." He let out his raspy laugh that you always loved and made your heart flutter every single time and clenched his grip onto the steering wheel, trying to resist the urge inside of him. He tried his best to listen to his conscience and not his body as he stepped onto the paddle, the car engine roaring behind as you let out a childish laugh before the two of you were off back to your apartment.

 

HEHE yay a new chappie

i'll update another or two chappie either tmr or saturday

so stay tuned!

thankyou for the subscribers & upvotes 

comment down below what you think of this chapter (:

subscribe, comment & upvotes pls!