016

Flying Paper Airplanes

▲▼ CHAPTER 16 // REMEDY

 

      Your head was spinning. The ends of your scalp was so tight that you could feel the pulse happening near the area. The back of your head was thumping as it sent nerve signals down to your temples, giving you a major headache. Just a slight movement of tilting your head to the side, you felt your whole body was moving too. You tried to regain your stability that was stopping you from moving even the slightest bit. Your cheeks had some dry patches as the outcome of the what seemed like endless cries that accompanied you to sleep. You looked like a huge mess, your hair was all over the place - one strand sticking out from the other. Your almond eyes darted to the wide window pane that was covered with a cream lacing curtain as you saw the sunlight leaking through the thin material, right into your room. The scorching sunlight from the sun was so warm that it tempted you to continue your beauty sleep. Opening the window slightly, you could already smell the grass and humid air around the whole area. For once, you thought it would be a good timing for you to jog around the whole neighbourhood since you had the determination to get back into shape because let's face it, you were trying to get that flat stomach back.

           You took the brand new towel and hurried to the bathroom to shower. You sighed as you looked onto your own reflection. Your eyes were puffy and red, the eye bags beneath your eyes were becoming much more obvious. You looked half dead, like a living zombie. Your eyes then travelled to your milky right arm, staring at the bruise that had turned to a slightly darker blue and the scars that were right beside it. Your wrist were contrasted with the distinct brick-red slashed, line by line. The stinging sensation was still there as you touched it a little. The slashes were so thin, line after line it kept a meaning. A meaning that only you can understand. You were tempted to cut another stray line across your wrist but you tried to refrain yourself. Taking the shower was longer than you thought it would be - handling and making sure that the scars would not get in contact with the water too much. You slid in your sweatpants and other set of hoodie, taking a small towel along with your earpiece and music player. "Good morning, where are you off to?" Anthea greeted you as soon as she saw you walking down the staircase. "Just a morning jog. I'll be back home later on." You assured her, nodding to her while she showed a small smile and bid goodbye. As you walked out of the front door, you started doing some warm ups. You flexed your muscles, craning your head clockwise and loosening your wrists. Slowly yet steadily, you started the jog right in front of Anthea's house, aiming to go for a long morning jog to wake you up. You jogged, slowly trying to take steady breathing intervals and making sure you were not running pass your limits. It had been awhile since you've jogged and you nearly forgot how your legs should be working when running.

           You were running around the neighbourhood, into the busy stores and the lively park. Your calf and thigh were screaming at you, it was starting to tighten and you could feel yourself starting to pant but you didn't want to stop. The adrenaline continued on pumping despite the slight fatigued that was starting to kick in inside of you as it pushed you even further, sprinting towards the end of the path. You then slowed down, trying to regain your breath and giving some time for your muscles to recover. As your music player blasted, your feet went along with the rhythm as your arms also swung aggressively during the jog. After what seemed almost more than half an hour, you were fully drained and made your way to the bench to warm down. Your heart was racing, your chest heaving rapidly up and down as you tried to breathe through your mouth. You were oblivious to your surroundings, trying to focus on your current state. Suprisingly, a light tap on your shoulder jerked your shoulder upwards as you slowly took off your earpiece. "Going for a jog?" The familiar smile flashed upon your as he gave you a slight wave. 

           "Daehyun?.." You muttered, trying to talk slowly in between the suffocating breaths. He let out a slightly disbelief chuckle, "Oh yay you remembered my name." He cheered on sarcastically as you rolled your eyes. Daehyun who had a grey hoodie and black jogging pants on him was chugging down a whole bottle of clear mineral water, his adam's apple bulging out and his magnificent sharp jawline seemed like a masterpiece made from heaven. "What are you doing here?" You asked, not meaning to be curious of his daily life. Seeing him swallowing the whole bottle of water made you feel thirsty as your throat was starting to feel itchy. You gulped down your saliva, trying to handle the thirst.

           "Are you thinking that I'm spying on you again?" Daehyun questioned as there was a slight humor at the edge of it, shrugging and letting out a small laugh that he thought wasn't audible enough. "I always jogged around this area, especially near the bound there since it's quieter and peaceful compared to the park right beside the town." He showed the slight curve near the road as he screwed the cap of the bottle. You nodded, don't seem to be feeling interested in listening to his talks. "Have you had breakfast?" He questioned, turning his head to you. You shook your head, hiding underneath the hoodie covers. "Well, I've got 8 bucks and that's ample enough to buy some coffee or sandwhiches." Daehyun offered, digging out three 2 dollar notes from his pocket.

           Your heart palpitated, your stomach was tied into a knot as it gave off this grumbling sound, growling at you to give it some food. You didn't know why this fine gentleman right here would not be bothered by your presence at all but instead, his thoughtful manners fascinated you as it taught him to be polite to you. Daehyun was a really different person. He had this confidence in him that you see, full of charisma that attracted your attention first by expressing through his posture. But you hesitated. He wasn't just any random, fine gentlemen. He was someone from your past that made you feel insecure about yourself, someone who you never thought would leave such a huge impact on your own skin. What made it worse was that he wasn't someone that you fell in love with, he was just merely an acquaintance and nothing more than that yet he has the ability to make you feel comfortable around him. And it made you feel betrayed when you became comfortable with him, fearing that you might gain his trust unknowingly. His eyebrows perched up, looking towards your direction as he questioned whether you would care to join or not. Daehyun had his lips pursed, his eyes slightly pleading and hoping you would join. "Sure." You agreed after making what seemed like a long decision.

           It was a different café this time, located at an area further from the urban and hectic city where it was much more peaceful and country-like. The smell of the rich fragance of the brewed coffee was so overpowering that it almost filled the whole of the coffee house. There were no modern architecture, not even the decorations or the furnitures. The customers were instructed to sit down on the floor that was covered with a mat and a pillow, a short yet wide table was placed in between them. Oil paintings that had side notes of the Korean calligraphy were hung beautifully on each white pillar of the shop, the vibe that was given off from this store definitely gave you the impression that you were at the country area. The place wasn't too hectic which was something that you were grateful of. "Coffee or tea?" A woman, who might be in her middle age flashed a welcoming smile as she was wiping her dirty hands onto her pale white apron. "Warm green tea please." You ordered. "Same for me please." Daehyun ordered too while the woman came running back into the kitchen to busy herself. The café was stunningly beautiful as the window was a huge, crystal and transparent clear glass.

           The position you sat was mesmerizing as you could witness the marvelous cherry blossom tree that had it's pale pink flowers stood out, attracting the passerbys attention so as to snap a picture of it before leaving. Everything about this area was so captivating and eye-catching. "What's that on your wrist?" Daehyun's voice turned slightly husky as his eyes followed to your milky wrists that showed the vibrant red slashes of pigment on it. You realised what he was referring to as you quickly yet steadily pushed your sleeves down to prevent him from witnessing more, flushing red knowing that you got caught. You ignored his gaze, looking away from his eyes that seemed to slowly but threateningly turning into a fierce stare.

          You rolled your eyes, huffing a huge breath instantly as you suddenly felt infuriated. Daehyun still had his gaze on you as he saw how uncomfortable or more specifically, annoyed you were. "Did you slash yourself?" He squeaked again. You held your clenched fists together. You detest it when someone bombed you with questions which you thought was personal. Daehyun didn't rage when no response came out from your mouth but instead, he felt a huge punch of disappointment stabbed across his chest. You sat still, slowly shivering like a little puppy who needed warmth, you clenched your fists even harder as the veins were starting to get visible enough. He saw how frustrated you were - the veins that were formed from the pressure of your temples due to the teeth gritting amongst each other - and he knew how terrible you must have felt when he spoke up.

           "Why do you even bother." You snapped, still gritting onto your teeth with full force.

           Your breathing speed up, trying to hold in the confusing anger that you had. It was bad enough to realise that someone known as your acquaintance got to know about these suicidal slashes but it was even worst for you to try not to let your anger get the best out of you at someone you've barely known! You were expecting a raspy growl from Daehyun but he didn't even let out any signs of anger. He still had his eyes on you, still trying to get a glimpse of the bright red slashes. Your anger finally subsided as your fists unclenched itself. "Here you go, your tea." The woman returned with a metal plate used to handle two huge traditional cups of tea as she gently placed it down right in front of you. The aroma of the tea was unbelievable as there was a slightly distinct citrus smell to it, not too overpowering the green tea. The tea too was oddly thick unlike usual green tea where it was translucent enough and thin. At first impression, you thought that it would taste absolutely disgusting as the formula of the tea was so different unlike the ones you usually consume. You didn't want to waste the money and slip your lip onto the cup, sipping the tea bit by bit before swallowing a mouthful. "Weird but nice, isn't it?" Daehyun questioned, sipping onto his cup.

           Your eyebrows furrowed, this tea tasted amazingly great and it didn't even taste disgusting at all but instead, you like how thick it felt in your tongue. After drinking the tea, it somehow cleansed your whole inner body. "Sorry I snapped at you." You apologised, slightly avoiding Daehyun's gaze. He just let out a giggle that sounded more of a hoarse chuckle, "I'm used to it. But why?.." There was an edge to the question. You sighed, you knew some time you would be going through this situation where you were not ready to be talking about what you thought was private enough. By reading your facial expression, Daehyun had a thought that he knew you didn't want to talk about it which he respected on. "Where do you live?" He quickly changed the question. "Right around the bound from the park. Not that far from here." You replied while continue drinking your tea. Daehyun nodded wisely. "Do you... Well, have a family?" He asked abruptly, raising one brow as his hands shivered.

           He was afraid that you would might blow off your top as he was asking too many questions regarding your private life. He was ready for you to slam the table with your palms, standing up to shoot him with those fiery eyes that threatened him to stop bothering you. Your eyes narrowed and for once, you were courageous enough to look him in the eye without trying to let out a tear and cleared your throat.

 

hehe yay updated again!

in case any one of you find this poster similar, it was created by me

the watermark below it states my kpop instagram account

so, feel free to follow if you want c:

more updates will be up! stay tuned!

subscribe, comment & upvotes pls cause i love reading yr comments xx