Scratch

The Cat´s Trap

"Hyukjae, Hyukjae, Hyukjae, Hyuuuukjaeee!"

Ugh! I was on my way to school. My head was hurting and I was exhausted. I couldn´t sleep a wink last night because of a certain cat sleeping on my pillow. I was thinking whole night about different possibilities. The cat can´t be real, it must be some phenomenon caused by the weather or pollution. Around six in the morning I came with a conclusion that the cat is a fruit of my youthful imagination. And so I decided to ignore it until it goes away.

"Hyukjaeeeee!" Easily said than done.

After young master Lee Donghae decided to come to the class and continue his sleep on his desk, the lesson had started. We had Mrs. Jung who teaches English. She looks nice but if you make her angry she will tear your head off, I tell you. So I decided to pay attention. I really tried to do so but it was impossible with the noises coming from under my desk.

"Hey, yo! Wassup! Ey yo man! See my English, Hyukjae man?"

The fact that no one turned they heads means that it really doesn´t exist. I was just becoming lonely or something which made me imagine this stupid cat. The only thing that doesn´t fit is that I like dogs better. So why a cat?

"Hey! Why don´t you answer me, you brat?!" Hee hyung was sitting on my book looking straight into my eyes. Creepy.

"Because you don´t exist," I said.

"Do you have anything to say, Lee Hyukjae?" Mrs. Jung raised her eyebrows. She looked cute, but those eyes were looking at me with an expression saying ´try to do it again and you´re finished´. So I just shook my head and then hanged it low. The cat wasn´t on my desk anymore. But before I could find it, something really sharp grazed the skin on my leg.

"Aaaaaah!" I yelped loudly.

"Lee Hyukjae! Get out of this class and come to me later for an additional homework!" The teacher yelled at me in a voice you wouldn´t expect from a young lady. Not waiting for anything else I quickly limped out of the classroom.

I went straight to the toilets and lifted my leg up on the sink. There on my ankle was a deep scratch made by claws. I was looking at the wound and contemplating if it´s possible that I made it myself. But when I looked into the mirror in front I saw the black cat smirking at me from behind.

"Do you believe me now, Hyukjae?" Heenim asked.

"Why it´s only me who can see you?"

"I don´t know myself. I tried to talk to others like Jungsoo, but no one seems to see me apart from you," the cat´s tone was sad. So that´s where the story about Mr. Park comes from. I wonder how many people go around with scratches on their legs.

"Fine, let´s say I believe you. What do you want from me?"

"I don´t know about myself but I think it´s you who needs me," Heenim said walking around me, watching me carefully.

"I don´t remember praying to Gods to send me a cat. And I´m not a bullied kid or an asocial nerd, you know. Why would I need a help when I´m happy, huh?" It was true, it´s not like I was hurting or anything. If Heenim was a magic creature, it was send to a wrong address.

"If you say so, let´s see later," Heenim shrugged, "but I´ll be around so I would appreciate if you talked to me at least."

"Okay but only when we´re alone." It didn´t seem like my headache would stop soon. This feline hyung was surely a misfortune. If I had a happy life, now it´s gonna turn bad. It´s said that black cats are unlucky.

I was sitting in the cafeteria trying to explain to my friends what happened. Of course I wouldn´t bring up the cat. I told them the same lie as to Mrs. Jung who told me that next time my head hurts, I shouldn´t scream but go to the infirmary. At least she didn´t give me the additional work. Any more homework and I would start seeing dogs too.

"Don´t scare me like that again, get it?" Sungmin looked at me worriedly and just nodded and gave him a smile.

Today I didn´t feel like dancing. My leg hurt, my head was booming and I was tired. But I needed to clear my mind and only dancing provided me that relief. I climbed up to the third floor and slowly opened the door just to find the room already occupied. Aish, what a bad timing. I was about to close the door when I noticed who it was dancing.

Lee Donghae was facing the mirror, moving to the beat. I knew the song; I often danced to it myself. He was focusing on his movements, his eyes opened and focused on his reflection in the mirror. Donghae is the president of the dance club and very proud person too. He´s probably trying to perfect the dance so he would stay the best. I knew some better dancers but I could say that the ginka belongs to better ones.

If I had any remarks to his dancing, I didn´t have anything to say about his looks. Donghae had only white wife beater and loose grey pants but even like that he looked very handsome. Thoughts like these reminded me not to stare at the dancer and rather go home and take a nap. So I quietly closed the door and started walking back.

"Hey, Hyukjae?" Heenim appeared next to me.

"Mmm," I was too tired to answer properly.

"It´s just a guess but are you possibly gay?"

"W-What?! H-How...“ I was suddenly wide awake. He caught me totally off guard and I didn´t know what to say.

"I think I get it now," I looked at him confused and he gave me as warm smile as a cat can give, "I know the reason you can see me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I thought HeeHyuk relationship is kinda funny and cute these days, so it somehow soaked into my fanfiction. Professor Park is of course Leeteuk. And there should be finally some EunHae interaction in the next chapter. Only if you want me to continue.. I´m not very sure about this. TT_TT