Run

The Cat´s Trap

 

"Kim Junsu!" Was the first thing I yelled when that bastard finally picked up his phone in the evening.

"Hyukjae? How did it go? Was my plan successful? I bet you have a boyfriend now, don´t you?" A relaxed voice came from the other side of the device.

"I´m not telling before you spill out what you said to Donghae!" I replied stubbornly.

"Fine. When you left, he came to me and asked who I was. I recognised him from your secret collection of his photos and started acting. I may be the best actor ever!" I rolled my eyes at that information and ushered him to continue. "I told him I was trying to seduce you and you were already falling for me, heh."

"Funny, I don´t understand how he could believe you. You´re not my type at all!"

"Haha, luckily! Anyway, he got really angry at me and I asked him why. He told me you belong to him because he had won you in a contest. I almost laughed at that but I´m the great actor so I managed to keep the poker face. Then came the great finale when I said that if he won´t get you today, I would do it myself and he won´t ever see you again because you would be locked in my room."

"What? And how did he react to that?" I couldn´t believe this nonsense.

"He kicked my shin and ran away. Now you tell me. Are you two together?" Junsu asked seriously.

I simply hummed and after a simple ´thank you´ hang up the phone. I was really thankful to Junsu but it was too early for me to celebrate. After the scene at class nothing else happened. We ate lunch together but since then we didn´t exchange a single word. I was too naïve. I don´t even know what I am to Donghae. From what he said, he´s only worried about me. Maybe he just wants to protect me and the thing he feels towards me is just a pity. How easy it is to fall from the utmost happiness to the deepest depression. Even the skies decided to take this moment to cry, heavy rain pouring down in a loud manner.

"Hyuk, why are you like this? Aren´t you happy?" Heenim crawled up on my bed and sat on my lap.

"I just don´t believe it´s true. I should have known better that one sided love never ends well," I sighed bitterly completely convinced that Donghae feels only pity towards me. Just like Junsu or Heenim he wants to protect me because: “I´m a reckless galoot who always gets himself into some troubles.”

"Hyukjae, I´m one hundred percent sure that your love isn´t one sided. Although my own love ended up tragically and the only person who always remembers me is you, a reckless galoot, I still believe in that stupid emotion. Without love we would be just wandering souls living from day to day missing something. I lost hope for a bit but having you by my side I decided not to give up. You trust me so much, you even jumped into the river for a headband and made a fool of yourself for my sake so I´ll make sure you live happily before I leave you," Heechul told me and without a second warning disappeared into the thin air. Didn´t he just say he would stay with me?

I kept thinking about what Heenim said.  It´s true I trust hyung even though he is just a stranger, only a ghost of a cat I met weeks ago. Does he really believe that Donghae loves me back? His predictions are always true. I should rely on him once more and then I´ll let go. With or without Donghae by my side.

"Okay, I´m back! Let´s go!" Heenim suddenly appeared and started pushing me out of the room and out into the rain.

"Yah! Where are we going?" I yelled to shout down the rain drumming around us. But the cat didn´t even turn around and ran fast out of my reach. I didn´t have other choice than to follow behind it.

We ran fast for a long time and I was sure if I wasn´t regularly dancing and Hee hyung wasn´t a ghost we would just breathe out our souls. I didn´t have a chance to look around because it was already getting dark and I had a hard time spotting the cat in front of me. That´s why I was very surprised when we stopped on the bridge right above the place where my hyung lost his live. For a minute I got scared that he wants me to jump too.

"Don´t look at me like that, I´m not telling you to jump!" I was scolded and once again I wondered if he can read my mind.

I gave him an awkward smile and resumed to keep catching my breath I lost somewhere along the way. I didn´t understand why we had to run so fast and why here. Does it have to do something with Hangeng? I looked to my left where a few blocks away was the foreigner´s house. Maybe Hee hyung found out the truth too, just like me a few days ago, and we were here to part our ways. I should have taken better care of him. Sigh.

But he doesn´t seem to know yet so we are here because of Donghae? I looked to my right and tried to catch a glimpse of his house. That modern villa where I was robbed of my pants. I shook my head to get rid of the horrible memory. I leaned on the railing and looked down at the cold water running below. I was hoping the rain would wash away all my sad thoughts while I waited for the ghost to reveal the real reason we came here for.

"Don´t jump!! Hyukjae!!" I snapped my head and saw Donghae running to me frantically waving his hands.

"I wasn´t-," I tried to explain but he just embraced me tightly and it didn´t look like he would let me go soon. My body was wet from the never ending rain but something felt strange. The water on my right shoulder was hot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One last chapter and we´re finished! I´m scared it won´t be according to your expectations but I had fun thinking of this story and that´s what counts, right? :D I laughed so hard seeing Eunhae concert opening VCR. All the cams from the concert are awesome and funny. Random SJ stuff: Fan: “the 3 handsomest members are here~~~”
Shindong “really, I.. am different from these two.”
Eunhyuk “It offends me I’m grouped (in same visual) with these two ㅋㅋㅋ”
Ryeowook “honestly, I am the normal one out of us three.”
Eunhyuk “what?”
Ryeowook “my height is average too! 173 cm!”
Shindong “that’s when you jumped right?”
Eunhyuk “no, his arms up!”
Ryeowook “;;;”