Trial

The Cat´s Trap

 

"So Hyukjae, do you admit that you like boys?"

"Yeah."

"Have you told anyone?"

"No."

I was being interrogated in my own room by Heenim. I was sitting on a chair and the lamp was turned to me, I was completely blinded. The rest of the room was dark and the black cat was parading somewhere around me.

"Do you have any crush?"

"No."

"Don´t lie or I´ll bite your leg!" My little capturer yelled and bared his small fangs.

"Okay, I do! Don´t bite!" Aish, it´s out. I don´t understand, how this stupid bundle of bad luck managed to dig out my biggest secret ever. I had no intention telling anyone, not even my parents or Sungmin. It´s not like they need to know anyway. I can´t believe I admited everything, this was plain stupid. Maybe I just wanted to tell someone and nothing is safer than spilling it to a cat. A dead one on top of it. I feel lighter and my secret will be kept, it´s a win-win situation.

"Okay, let´s think of a plan!" Heenim excitedly screamed.

"What plan?" I have a bad feeling where this all is heading.

"To make that lovely man date you!" What?! Is he saying, I should confess? Is he crazy?!

"No, I reject, thanks," there´s no way I would admit to anyone I´m gay, especially to my biggest crush. Whichever fairytale Heenim came from he must have hit his head on the way. Absurd.

"Hyukjae, I get you would rather stay in the closet but that´s not alright. You should live your life properly, you never know when something happens, trust me," he looked at me and I felt somehow sad. Hee hyung is dead after all. "From what I see you´re a good boy, neither ugly nor stupid. It shouldn´t be such a problem to get this guy. Even if it may seem impossible right now."

What was I to say to this. He was right, it´s better to live openly than hiding all the time but I wasn´t sure, if I could do it. I wasn´t that awesome and I was totally sure that my crush was completely out of my league. Sigh.

"Hyukjae, all you have to do is trust your hyung and everything will turn out well, okay?" Heenim tried to raise my mood.

"Fine, but let´s not overdo it. Everything nice and slowly," I gave up. I believed his words but I was utterly scared of my future.

First I was told to become a little bit more confident. I thought I was confident enough but according to Heenim I needed more self assurance to gain the courage. We went to a hairdresser to change my style. My feline friend gave out many scary colours to choose from. I chose platinum blonde because I liked the radiating feeling it gave off.

I was scared that Heenim would take me shopping too but he surprisingly said that my wardrobe was perfect. I had lots of special clothes and fancy shoes, It´s just I would never wear them to school. Seems like that was going to change too. This will be my death.

The next morning I was checking myself in the mirror. My platinum blonde hair made my skin look even paler, my lips redder. The banks were slightly covering my eyes, according to Hee hyung it was for the best. I felt offended but didn´t voice it out of course. I had a white tee, my favourite blue shirt and a diamond shaped accessory hanging on my neck. But that stupid cat made me put on one of the pants I particularly wouldn’t wear to school. Simply black but very tight fit. It´s not like I wasn´t confident, I have nice legs and the back view is not bad either. It´s just I wasn´t sure what would my friends say about this.

"If this is your true self, you shouldn´t doubt your appearance," the black cat turned up next to me.

"Thanks, Hee hyung. Let´s go to school," I smiled and took my bag.

This is scary. It´s not like I´m a celebrity or something so why is everyone staring?! I entered the classroom all eyes on me. I quickly went to Sungmin. I was worried about his reaction what would he say to my new image. I sat down and looked at him. Sungmin scanned me thoroughly and thought for a while. Way to make me even more nervous.

"You look good, Hyukjae. Did something happen?" Alleviation. I smiled widely at him pleased by his compliment.

"Nothing, just wanted some makeover, heh." Let´s leave Hee hyung my secret.

The rest of my friends reacted similarly. Ryeowook even told me that I was almost at his level now. Unknowing child. But all over I got a good appraisal. It made me very happy and I thought that the day couldn´t get any better. Everyone was so nice to me and I started to think that maybe revealing a little bit more about myself might not be such a bad idea.

I was on my way to the cafeteria, but my mood wasn´t so good anymore. The hallway was crowded with people and very noisy. That didn´t stop my invisible friend from attacking my innocent soul, though.

"Hyukjae! C´mon sway those hips more!" Why should I sway my hips? Am I some belly dancer, or what?

"Wow, Hyukjae, everyone´s watching you!" Yeah, that´s what I wanted to know.

"I told you those pants make your look like heaven!" Oh my God, is he insane? I was blushing hard.

"Look! That girl totally checked you out!" The cat laughed again but I couldn´t take it anymore.

"Would you just shut up?!" I exploded. Ouch, wrong move, Hyukjae. The hallway went completely silent. From all those people filling up the place I had to yell right into Lee Donghae´s face. Nightmare.

"What?" The ginka looked at me astounded. What should I do? I just signed a death contract, this guy isn´t the type to let himself be insulted. And as I said before, Lee Donghae liked making a hell out of written off people.

"Even if you stutter out an apology, this brat is not letting you off. Play it cool, Hyukjae." I heard Heenim say. And he was right. Let´s do something different, be more confident.

"Oh, sorry Donghae. It wasn´t meant for you, have a nice day." And with that I smiled at him and left for the cafeteria. Everyone watched in awe the person who dared to smile in front of the angry ginka. Now I will wait for Donghae´s judgement. Will I be raised or doomed?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the wait, guys. I didn´t have time. I´ll try to update twice today. Enjoy!